[3.0] How to Flicker. Terminus Est Edition!

hey thank you so much for your efford
i take a look at he passive tree, but that cannot be the whole problem , yeah 160 life more can i get with upgrades on rings etc maybe
i lack not only in dmg (and i hope that i can fix it somehow)
my defences are so bad that if normal mobs at tier 2 normal map hits me so hard , i never had that problem especially in low tier maps
traps do lower damage then mobs XD

wanted to buy an abysuss , but then i have just more problems with getting 1 shoted so i need to wait until i fix this too

i upgraded the terminus to a new one with 71 & roll (52 % with old )
have still the same problem that flicker stops if i go in a pack of monsters (if i jumped a little bit around so that i generate the frenzys i have no more problems ) i die if they hit me
and expecially vs bosses i have problems , first to generate the frenzys , then to hold them
tried to switch to frenzy attack but loose my life from hits from the boss in seconds

i have only400 hours but i am not stupid , i am learning in this game very quick but now i have no plan how i said what the problem is

again thank you so much

your guide is amazing

one more thing why i dont understand my faults XD
i fixed the skill tree
flicker dpu is now 4254 k

anyone is in my lvl maybe to compare?
@Bloodytrailz
I hope that iw as able to covey my thoughts on the matter properly because while i was writing it felt that i'm all over the palce

@thePunisher92
It's the small things that add up mate. Wrong tree, no abyssus, not enough life from gear and so on. Getting your damage higher leads to one-shotting everything which in turn leads to not taking hits at all. The longer you spend time trying to kill something the more opportunities that something has to kill you. By leveling up you'll get more life per each level and you'll further increase your survivability and damage via the passive skill tree.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
@KorgothBG

Based on some of the stuff you wrote before, I wondered if it might be cool/effective to max out dodge on the build?

I made an attempt here (basically took my current build, which very closely follows yours), and then tried to update things based on items/gems/flasks that granted dodge. It's possible to max dodge (PoB link): https://pastebin.com/cv5sPHLU

But, it seems one has to has to sacrifice some life at least. I think with better rings and amulets, you could have around 5k health with that build. Still not sure if that is really enough though. Also, one of the jewels necessary is EXPENSIVE (about as much as Kaom's Heart).

So overall, my feeling is that life items, with mid-range dodge still beats out trying to max-dodge?
Yes i'd say trying to max dodge at all cost is not the better option if you have to sacrifice life. If you want though you could use a Darkray Vector boots for additional 12% dodge at max charges.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
So I kind of ran into an issue of fighting bosses on maps (silly, right?). I think it is because I dont gain all my life back fast enough after being hit once,5k hp atm. I basically clean through all the trash mobs up to the boss. Would brutal fervour be better to take than headsman? not entirely sure if I would need headsman for later tier maps like t15.
Well eventually you'll want Atziri's Acuity. For now if you feel that the leech is not enough you could grab Vitality Void or/and indeed Brutal Fervor.
Yeah I plan on getting those gloves, eventually haha. I do have Vitality Void and still feel like I don't heal fast enough, maybe I dont do enough damage? my flicker dps is 72.2k (11.3k per use, 6.37 atkspeed)
@boomi

- Acquity is a big deal, it increases the build survivability and sustainability from instant mana leech.
- Blood rage + atziri's flask and damage does play a role in leech...
- Assuming that you're wearing an abyssus, your damage on hit is low.
- As a comparison...here's avg damage on hit breakdown as a lvl 98:

with hatred + ice golem + AW (no blood rage/flasks/charges)
- jewels are attack speed sword/melee strike multiplier/life/increased damage x 5
- 8.2 attacks per second...maxxed at 14 ~ aps depending on gear
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gear obtainable in harbinger league
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rare helmet: 22.4 k avg daamge
rat's nest: 23k avg damage
nerfed abyssus: 30 k avg damage (according to POB)

------------------------------------------
exalts >400 ex range, no spending limit
------------------------------------------

abyssus legacy: 41.2 k avg damage
abyssus legacy with mirrored gear: 45.6 k avg damage

Editado por útlima vez por Molochmane en 19 ago. 2017 1:40:11

I created this character on monday, by 48 hours later I was already level 83.

Before Kaom's Heart I used a 90 life, +trip res, 1500 evasion chest piece rare chest piece for 6c.

As you can see, some of my gear is far from optimal.
-Belt: This belt BARELY covers my resists and i got it for 2c. It's a bandaid for my resistances atm.
-Amulet: This thing is just shit, i literally only have it for +30 int, some life and some fire res. Could replace this EASILY but waiting to afford a decent amulet before i make the change.
-2nd Ring (Tempest Band): This ring isn't that great, the accuracy is barely worth it (adds 1% chance to hit), the phys roll is crafted (maeh but better than nothing) the life roll is T2 and the total resists aren't even that high consider it's a two stone ring. Hoping to replace with a decent diamond ring some day (but they are suuuper expensive compared to heavy resist rings)
-Boots: These boots are alright, but I would love to get a STR/DEX two tone boots with good life + trip res to really shore up my extra elemental resistances (to block out elemental weakness curses) or at least a dual res + good STR roll for +% melee damage/flat health.
-Jewels: My only jewel atm is +6% life, +3% attack speed, +.38% mana leech not really amazing, i even have an open empty jewel slot with nothing in it lol.

I didn't buy the flasks until i was already ~75

Even before the flasks I was not having trouble clearing content, I do maps (and still) do maps T8-T11 and started doing these tier maps around level 74-75, sometimes i get 1 shotted... even with kaoms, sometimes I get 1 shotted (5.8k life).

Blood rage is essential for life leech+frenzy generation, it's what let's you clear packs effortlessly

Against bosses; Flasks+Warchief totem and go to town. I have frenzy unslotted as the 6th socket in my weapon so that i can generate 5 charges then start the flicker strike train.
Editado por útlima vez por Bloodytrailz en 19 ago. 2017 1:28:27

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional