[3.0] How to Flicker. Terminus Est Edition!

Hello there !
Thank's for this amazing build, this is my first atempt with Flicker Strike and i love it !

Here i am, i'm actually working on my Flask and my 5L Terminus

Spoiler
Hey Korgoth & Flicker-friends :)

Figured I'd post my own progress with this build in Harbinger. I've had some really nice luck with trading/finding so far in this league, hope it keeps up. Currently 87 and trying to save up for Acuity - familiar story right?

Spoiler

I swap out Abyssus for the 127 life helmet on phys heavy/vulnerability maps. Currently at around 5500 life with Abyssus and the rare amulet. I've been tinkering around with Carnage Heart but I think I'm just going to sell it. Path of Building says the rare gives me more damage, and it certainly gives me more life. It did seem effective in a Double Beyond Temple map though!

I still can't get myself to not include Cyclone as I feel it's too helpful for situations where you might get stuck with Flicker, and need more mobility than Frenzy or Viper Strike will allow. I also keep Poacher's mark around for Lab so I can use my flasks during traps more liberally.

I think once I get Acuity I'll spend currency on fuses for a 6s Terminus that I have, then put Cyclone and Warchief in my chest and maybe roll it to 120+ life. With the new armor/life affixes I think you can end up in a much better situation than Kaom's at end game.
IGN: Frazetta
Editado por útlima vez por Sicyo en 9 ago. 2017 16:04:29
Curious to know if you've tried using The Perfect Form/Snowblind Grace and whether it's, in your opinion, worth it? I feel like with Perfect Form you could swap Herald of Ash out for Hatred for a decent DPS increase (due to the 100% mana reduction of Arctic Armour). Seems like it could be pretty good, imo!

Apologies if you've already answered this elsewhere, but this thread is already 61 pages long and the forum search tools leave much to be desired :p
Editado por útlima vez por friendly_skeleton en 9 ago. 2017 18:04:51
The main problem with the perfect form is the price. Because of how rare breaches are now you can expect that to be an insane price. That currency would be better invested in top tier pieces which would let you drop AA for hatred anyways.
Editado por útlima vez por Maethorr en 9 ago. 2017 18:57:44
Cannot choose between this and Champion Oro build, appreciate any help <3
"
Saccha escribió:
Cannot choose between this and Champion Oro build, appreciate any help <3

Both builds are great...but my only complaint with Oro's build is when you start dealing with ailment immunity or mobs with fire resist, it tends to lag behind in terms of dps because you need ignite/ignition to build frenzy. On the other hand, terminus builds requires good enough crit chance to build frenzy charge, enfeeble + physical reduction maps hurts the dps as well. So pretty much you have to ask yourself this:

1) Do I like flicker?
2) What is my budget?
3) Can I afford the gear? terminus vs Oros
4) Will I do elemental damage or physical damage?
OK now I'm all geared up and finally ready to kick some ass 8)

Spoiler

And my question to you Korgoth is, I suppose I have to switch out damage on full life support now that I have atziris acuity right as the overleech passive of slayer won't work as reliably since all crits now are instant leeches? Or did I misinterpret something here?

And if so, what is your recommendation that I should add instead - added fire damage support? Maim support?

Choices...

/Bob
Editado por útlima vez por ldbob en 10 ago. 2017 4:26:58
"
ldbob escribió:

And if so, what is your recommendation that I should add instead - added fire damage support? Maim support?

Choices...

/Bob

- First it is true that GGG might had made changes with acuity and endless hunger...so the build will not be as resilient as before, but instant leech solves the problem. I spent alot of time tinkering in standard league.

- More phyiscal damage in full lilfe is superior IF you're not running blood rage* (if you have other source of leech). The downside is you lose additional IAS. But blood rage and melee full life combo is still viable as long you continue mob clear with little down time.

- Maim is a good 2nd choice, just keep in mind between More physical in full life vs Maim dps difference is 20%. Great for long and drawn out boss fights (if blood rage is active)

- There's no need to use added fire damage, I find herald of ash does a good job with fire proliferation.

- Since abyssus has been nerfed, you can use increased critical strike damage in place of damage in full life.

Editado por útlima vez por Molochmane en 10 ago. 2017 6:12:07
"
Molochmane escribió:
"
ldbob escribió:

Choices...

/Bob

- First it is true that GGG might had made changes with acuity and endless hunger...so the build will not be as resilient as before, but instant leech solves the problem. I spent alot of time tinkering in standard league.

- More phyiscal damage in full lilfe is superior IF you're not running blood rage* (if you have other source of leech). The downside is you lose additional IAS. But blood rage and melee full life combo is still viable as long you continue mob clear with little down time.

- Maim is a good 2nd choice, just keep in mind between More physical in full life vs Maim dps difference is 20%. Great for long and drawn out boss fights (if blood rage is active)

- There's no need to use added fire damage, I find herald of ash does a good job with fire proliferation.

- Since abyssus has been nerfed, you can use increased critical strike damage in place of damage in full life.

Thank you for your input! I will take it all into consideration, ill probably go with increased crit multi for now!
Spoiler
"
ldbob escribió:
"
Molochmane escribió:
"
ldbob escribió:

Choices...

/Bob

Thank you for your input! I will take it all into consideration, ill probably go with increased crit multi for now!

Bob, another thing you can do is plug in your character to Path of Building, then click on Skills and see which skill gives you more damage. When I imported your character, Added Fire still added 2793 avg dmg, 19K dps. Following that are Ruthless, Brutality, Maim, then even Phys to Lightning adds more avg damage and total dps. I could see reasoning to avoid using added fire if you've got ele reflect, but it's good to see the new gems add so much.

Also hey, are you not using Fortify?

Hope this helps, and grats on getting Acuity so early :)
IGN: Frazetta
Editado por útlima vez por Sicyo en 10 ago. 2017 14:09:16

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional