[3.0] How to Flicker. Terminus Est Edition!

"
CaimanLizard escribió:
I have opened up my characters, sorry about that!

I have acquired a BOTB today, uping the health to 4k. Also brought vaal clarify which helps with the mana issue. Still, I'm looking for overall gear advice. For example, I have completely given up on Chaos resistence, would that bite me later? Which uniques should be switched out?

Re: one shot, there's a totem looking boss in a t2 map that shots lightnings. I get one-shot by that boss every single time.

Oh my lord. So here's mine currently in Abyss and he's using gear bought with currency that he found so it's 100% possible but luck and knowing all the market tricks determine how long it takes:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Tonst3r/characters?characterName=BSplits

Biggest lack of defense is not having "Fortify" linked in your Flicker link. This is suicide. Fix it naow and replace Ancestral Call (explained below).

RESISTS: Get the soft-cap out of the way with 75% all resist while in hideout. Always top priority for any build. (Solutions below)

Tree:
ASCENDANCY: Post in global 820 (type /global 820 to join) that you need an ULab carry for your offering (purchase an offering from currency.poe.trade if needed). You want "Brutal Fervour" (100% leech rate, cannot be stunned, immune to bleeding).
Passives: Refund a point somewhere to pickup a +30 int keystone (one to the right of Vaal Pact). This will help you buy cheap gear and still level skill gems.
Jewel: Your jewel has no +Life. Get one with 7%life. Damage mods are luxury, the life mod is mandatory.

Gear Specifics:
Helm: Get a Starkonja's for now. It's cheap, great survive and a slight dps boost. Eventually Abyssus seems ideal for this build but you really want Lightning Coil chest to go with it...which then requires a lot more Lightning Resist...becomes a domino effect.
Neck: If you can drop 20+c on a Carnage Heart (NOT LEGACY! use this link: http://poe.trade/search/unihomowomesan) it will make the rest of your gearing simple. Huge +attributes and decent resists if you can find for a good price. If currency is hurt, leave yours on for now.
Rings: You should have found better ones just from mapping. Use these two slots for pure resists and SOME +Life. This is amazingly cheap and you can upgrade for literally a few alchs.
Boots: Ditch the Bloods and get rares with decent +Life and as much total resists as you can. Bloods are fun, but give you no life and only help your clear speed. You might want to get some Move speed on the rares but keep in mind the price skyrockets if you want speed. I'd say ignore speed until you have more currency to blow.
Belt: Magnate is great but you can get 30%+ Tri-Resist rare belt for cheap with tons more HP then mag (44 STR = 22 HP). Don't let the global phys damage boost scare you away from capping resists and getting more HP (You'll do PLENTY of damage without it).
Flasks: Get Atziri's promise for 1 alch asap and keep it active during every fight. I'd also suggest any random Silver flask (Onslaught) which is dirt cheap. Spam with your diamond and Atziri's for a nice speed boost.

Gems:
Flicker:
-Wrong crit gem (you want STRIKES, not damage, for huge consistency gain
-Ancestral call doesn't help much due to the "Impact" Ascendancy point. SWAP TO FORTIFY ASAP!!
-The auras are the "end-game" setup, however I've had more success using "Hatred" instead of Arctic/Herald. Tons more dps and we can shatter mobs without using the expensive Taste of Hate flask. The damage reduction on Arctic is nice but without Taste of Hate you need to get shatter from somewhere. You can use HoI in place of HoA if you're happy with your damage and want to keep Arctic.
-If you want, try linking a second CWDT with Ice Golem and level them both simultaneously. This way you don't need to recast it. Just a quality of life boost. (Level them to 20 and Golem will last)

So to summarize/prioritize:
1) Fortify.
2) Cap resists through boots/rings/belt. Low life rolls are very cheap to get started
3) Get a ULab carry for Brutal Fervour
4) Get Atziri's promise, any Silver flask, and a cheap jewel with 6 or 7% life bonus for your tree
5) Get Stark's helm and refund a passive for the int.
6) Adjust skill gems and save chaos to plan for the more long-term GG Rare upgrades and 6-linked items.
7) Push them maps!!

This post became much longer then I intended lol. I saw you're character page and said "OH LAWD SOMEONE HELP THIS MAN". Hope I helped ^.^
Mobile games have better trading...
Editado por útlima vez por Tonst3r en 28 ene. 2018 19:53:41
"
Tonst3r escribió:
"
CaimanLizard escribió:
I have opened up my characters, sorry about that!

I have acquired a BOTB today, uping the health to 4k. Also brought vaal clarify which helps with the mana issue. Still, I'm looking for overall gear advice. For example, I have completely given up on Chaos resistence, would that bite me later? Which uniques should be switched out?

Re: one shot, there's a totem looking boss in a t2 map that shots lightnings. I get one-shot by that boss every single time.

Oh my lord. So here's mine currently in Abyss and he's using gear bought with currency that he found so it's 100% possible but luck and knowing all the market tricks determine how long it takes:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Tonst3r/characters?characterName=BSplits

Biggest lack of defense is not having "Fortify" linked in your Flicker link. This is suicide. Fix it naow and replace Ancestral Call (explained below).

RESISTS: Get the soft-cap out of the way with 75% all resist while in hideout. Always top priority for any build. (Solutions below)

Tree:
ASCENDANCY: Post in global 820 (type /global 820 to join) that you need an ULab carry for your offering (purchase an offering from currency.poe.trade if needed). You want "Brutal Fervour" (100% leech rate, cannot be stunned, immune to bleeding).
Passives: Refund a point somewhere to pickup a +30 int keystone (one to the right of Vaal Pact). This will help you buy cheap gear and still level skill gems.
Jewel: Your jewel has no +Life. Get one with 7%life. Damage mods are luxury, the life mod is mandatory.

Gear Specifics:
Helm: Get a Starkonja's for now. It's cheap, great survive and a slight dps boost. Eventually Abyssus seems ideal for this build but you really want Lightning Coil chest to go with it...which then requires a lot more Lightning Resist...becomes a domino effect.
Neck: If you can drop 20+c on a Carnage Heart (NOT LEGACY! use this link: http://poe.trade/search/unihomowomesan) it will make the rest of your gearing simple. Huge +attributes and decent resists if you can find for a good price. If currency is hurt, leave yours on for now.
Rings: You should have found better ones just from mapping. Use these two slots for pure resists and SOME +Life. This is amazingly cheap and you can upgrade for literally a few alchs.
Boots: Ditch the Bloods and get rares with decent +Life and as much total resists as you can. Bloods are fun, but give you no life and only help your clear speed. You might want to get some Move speed on the rares but keep in mind the price skyrockets if you want speed. I'd say ignore speed until you have more currency to blow.
Belt: Magnate is great but you can get 30%+ Tri-Resist rare belt for cheap with tons more HP then mag (44 STR = 22 HP). Don't let the global phys damage boost scare you away from capping resists and getting more HP (You'll do PLENTY of damage without it).
Flasks: Get Atziri's promise for 1 alch asap and keep it active during every fight. I'd also suggest any random Silver flask (Onslaught) which is dirt cheap. Spam with your diamond and Atziri's for a nice speed boost.

Gems:
Flicker:
-Wrong crit gem (you want STRIKES, not damage, for huge consistency gain
-Ancestral call doesn't help much due to the "Impact" Ascendancy point. SWAP TO FORTIFY ASAP!!
-The auras are the "end-game" setup, however I've had more success using "Hatred" instead of Arctic/Herald. Tons more dps and we can shatter mobs without using the expensive Taste of Hate flask. The damage reduction on Arctic is nice but without Taste of Hate you need to get shatter from somewhere. You can use HoI in place of HoA if you're happy with your damage and want to keep Arctic.
-If you want, try linking a second CWDT with Ice Golem and level them both simultaneously. This way you don't need to recast it. Just a quality of life boost. (Level them to 20 and Golem will last)

So to summarize/prioritize:
1) Fortify.
2) Cap resists through boots/rings/belt. Low life rolls are very cheap to get started
3) Get a ULab carry for Brutal Fervour
4) Get Atziri's promise, any Silver flask, and a cheap jewel with 6 or 7% life bonus for your tree
5) Get Stark's helm and refund a passive for the int.
6) Adjust skill gems and save chaos to plan for the more long-term GG Rare upgrades and 6-linked items.
7) Push them maps!!

This post became much longer then I intended lol. I saw you're character page and said "OH LAWD SOMEONE HELP THIS MAN". Hope I helped ^.^

Thank you for the detailed reply! I very much appreciate it good sir!

I have some follow-up questions:
1. I don't quite get the aura part. Does "shattering" come from cold damage? What makes it superior comparing to just fire damage?
2. What is the priority over stats of Carnage Heart? Life leech first? (My resis are pretty high now except cold)
3. How much life are we looking at on a level 80 character?

In my slight defense, it's really hard to see a problem because you clear maps so fast. I never knew how squishy my character is. :D For Ulab I haven't completed the ascendencies so, will do it in the future.
Editado por útlima vez por CaimanLizard en 29 ene. 2018 1:30:58
Hi, I was wondering if you could help me improve my char. I'm trying to colour a rats nest correctly. Is abyssus still better after it lost 100% crit multi? It's expensive for a good one. And I am going to swap melee splash for fortify as I got the ascendancy.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/SylvaGaming/characters

It's Abyss_of_my_heart Just ignore the rest of them.
Editado por útlima vez por SylvaGaming en 29 ene. 2018 7:59:07
"
CaimanLizard escribió:

1. I don't quite get the aura part. Does "shattering" come from cold damage? What makes it superior comparing to just fire damage?
2. What is the priority over stats of Carnage Heart? Life leech first? (My resis are pretty high now except cold)
In my slight defense, it's really hard to see a problem because you clear maps so fast. I never knew how squishy my character is. :D For Ulab I haven't completed the ascendencies so, will do it in the future.

No prob!

1) Correct, cold damage. Things like the porcupines who shoot needles when they die, don't shoot needles if they shatter on death. Also no corpse so enemies that use corpse-explosion type skills can's do it. Some other small perks I can't think of but it's generally something everyone gets. The main build covers this with an expensive flask called "Taste of Hate", but I was providing budget friendly alternatives that I'm using myself and work great :)

2) Two things with Carnage Heart (and again, make sure you get the new one, not the garbage legacy version):
2a) You'll typically get a corrupted version because it's cheaper, but you don't want the corruption to remove the "+xx all attributes" implicit mod as we desperately need the Int.
2b) The priorities would be something like: Total Attributes (I'd try for 45+) then All Res (10-20% range, but as much as you can get). The other two mods (leech and damage while leeching) are both fine at the minimum and the build requires neither to function. The build DOES require int and capped res to function so that's why their top priority.

3) Life isn't as straightforward as a flat number unfortunately. There's "Effective HP" which is a concept where having 10,000 life but taking 5,000 damage from a hit isn't as good as having 7,000 life but taking 2,000 damage from a hit because you have more defense reductions, dodge chance, block, etc etc. This build is meant to be a speed-clear glass cannon. Yes it's possible to do higher bosses, but you require some costly gear to pull it off smoothly/consistently.

Random note, don't try the ULab on your own. It's not worth the headache and this build isn't meant for it. Do what I said earlier about joining global 820 and just ask someone to carry you for your offering and get it out of the way easy peasy. I farm ULab every league, and this build would never be one of the toons I use for it. It's meant for fun as hell speed clears.

EDIT: To summarize the life question better, don't worry about the number. If you have currency to blow and you want to push higher maps but you notice your health taking huge chunks from random yellow/blue mobs, then start re-doing your gear for more life. This typically ends up replacing multiple pieces instead of just one because of the resists, so you want to have a good currency pool stacked first. (Probably ~200 chaos)
Mobile games have better trading...
Editado por útlima vez por Tonst3r en 29 ene. 2018 21:15:08
"
Tonst3r escribió:
"
CaimanLizard escribió:

No prob!

1) Correct, cold damage. Things like the porcupines who shoot needles when they die, don't shoot needles if they shatter on death. Also no corpse so enemies that use corpse-explosion type skills can's do it. Some other small perks I can't think of but it's generally something everyone gets. The main build covers this with an expensive flask called "Taste of Hate", but I was providing budget friendly alternatives that I'm using myself and work great :)

2) Two things with Carnage Heart (and again, make sure you get the new one, not the garbage legacy version):
2a) You'll typically get a corrupted version because it's cheaper, but you don't want the corruption to remove the "+xx all attributes" implicit mod as we desperately need the Int.
2b) The priorities would be something like: Total Attributes (I'd try for 45+) then All Res (10-20% range, but as much as you can get). The other two mods (leech and damage while leeching) are both fine at the minimum and the build requires neither to function. The build DOES require int and capped res to function so that's why their top priority.

3) Life isn't as straightforward as a flat number unfortunately. There's "Effective HP" which is a concept where having 10,000 life but taking 5,000 damage from a hit isn't as good as having 7,000 life but taking 2,000 damage from a hit because you have more defense reductions, dodge chance, block, etc etc. This build is meant to be a speed-clear glass cannon. Yes it's possible to do higher bosses, but you require some costly gear to pull it off smoothly/consistently.

Random note, don't try the ULab on your own. It's not worth the headache and this build isn't meant for it. Do what I said earlier about joining global 820 and just ask someone to carry you for your offering and get it out of the way easy peasy. I farm ULab every league, and this build would never be one of the toons I use for it. It's meant for fun as hell speed clears.

EDIT: To summarize the life question better, don't worry about the number. If you have currency to blow and you want to push higher maps but you notice your health taking huge chunks from random yellow/blue mobs, then start re-doing your gear for more life. This typically ends up replacing multiple pieces instead of just one because of the resists, so you want to have a good currency pool stacked first. (Probably ~200 chaos)

Thank you Tonst3r! I have added to the channel and god damn people are so friendly there.

I have made the swap to Hatred. If I start having problems I'd swap to Arctic + HoI and try it out. I think the life question is hard to figure out, because usually mobs die too fast.

Anyway, sent you a friend request in game. I really appreciate it! :)
"
SylvaGaming escribió:
Hi, I was wondering if you could help me improve my char. I'm trying to colour a rats nest correctly. Is abyssus still better after it lost 100% crit multi? It's expensive for a good one. And I am going to swap melee splash for fortify as I got the ascendancy.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/SylvaGaming/characters

It's Abyss_of_my_heart Just ignore the rest of them.

Abyssus is not about the crit multi.
Its the phys damage you gain through it.
No other armour/jewel can give this huge amount of phys damage.
Your critchance should be at 70% anyway, even without rats nest.

My current gear (mind, its standard)

Spoiler

The gloves are cheap and the amulett is just stupidly OP in terms of leech. I ran uberlab with rats nest and first noticed after second izaro phase that i still had VP active. traps are a joke, since you leech back to full in a second.
The chest is optional, but its cheaper than a 6l for warchief support.
If you use flicker in your chest, maybe use a 5l terminus with

Those will help you against bosses to gain a frenzy charge if your critchance is rather low.
Editado por útlima vez por Camatoo en 30 ene. 2018 6:58:58
"
Monti_Jones escribió:
"
Awks escribió:
Regarding abyssus, I had opted against it because my entire survival mechanism is life based, armour, and a blind from bv. I feel that the real value in lightpoacher is not actually the spell, but rather two extra sockets for the much needed flat life and phy dmg. I imagine shifting to abyssus and lightning coil would mean my hp would take a hit as well.

Im not sure if I can afford a shaper steel ring. The unset is simply because I ran out of sockets and that ring pushes me to 92% hit rate and almost 4k accuracy.

Too bad the maim from tombfist doesnt give 15% increased dmg taken. Otherwise that'd be lovely.

Abyssus is the best item in terms of damage for this build, no damage on jewels can beat that. Think about it that way: if things are dead, they do 0 damage. If you kill things faster, the uptime on your defensive mechanics can be lower as well. A Basalt flask could help you avoiding the switch to Lightning Coil.

As I said, at your point, upgrades are mostly not worth the investment. Sure, those juicy steel rings are better. But are they that many EX better than your previous gear? If you can afford it, go for it and drop the Ice Golem while your at it. Your hit/crit chance is fine without it and crit multi should give you better damage.

I caved and downloaded PoB, thanks to your advice I have realised something crucial:

Abyssus is drastically mitigated by armour.

I have switched to Abyssus and two socket tombfist over lightpoacher and shadows & dust. I am now doing 700k without flask on shaper and 1.2mil with flasks. This is absolutely insane and I cant wait to get my 7th frenzy charge. I can comfortably hit 1.3mil with flasks then.
"
Awks escribió:
I caved and downloaded PoB, thanks to your advice I have realised something crucial:

I have switched to Abyssus and two socket tombfist over lightpoacher and shadows & dust. I am now doing 700k without flask on shaper and 1.2mil with flasks. This is absolutely insane and I cant wait to get my 7th frenzy charge. I can comfortably hit 1.3mil with flasks then.

Sorry for not being too clear about that! Also I wasn't taking you Iron Reflexes into account. As your phys mitigation was quite high already, you really should have no problem with Abyssus.

One last thing I can think of for your specific build: Sin's Rebirth instead of Atziri's Promise
You lost the Unholy Might when switching to Tombfist. It should give you more damage, you have more than enough life leech on tree, the smoke cloud is another form of blind, the Stibnite flask effect gives you even more mitigation. You lose your only source of chaos resistance. But do you really need it, except in specific situations?

TBH I think it is time for you to get a Headhunter, too. Why not have some silly fun while mapping :D
"
Monti_Jones escribió:
"
Awks escribió:

Sorry for not being too clear about that! Also I wasn't taking you Iron Reflexes into account. As your phys mitigation was quite high already, you really should have no problem with Abyssus.

One last thing I can think of for your specific build: Sin's Rebirth instead of Atziri's Promise
You lost the Unholy Might when switching to Tombfist. It should give you more damage, you have more than enough life leech on tree, the smoke cloud is another form of blind, the Stibnite flask effect gives you even more mitigation. You lose your only source of chaos resistance. But do you really need it, except in specific situations?

TBH I think it is time for you to get a Headhunter, too. Why not have some silly fun while mapping :D

I had not considered the fact that sin's rebirth has insane synergy with my iron reflex path. That is a great point and I can always swap atziri's in instead of quicksilver in specific fights.

One last thing. At my point, i could either get 5% more hp for each of my next nodes, however I suspect that one extra endurance charge would actually give me more 'effective' hp then the 9-10% max life that would be the otherwise opportunity cost. I think if I can maintain around 6k I should start going for charges, instead of more hp. Thoughts?

*edit* I came across poe ehp calculator, one more endurance charge would give me 200+ more ehp, despite having 200 less hp. I will start routing towards charges for the rest of my luxury points.
Editado por útlima vez por Awks en 1 feb. 2018 17:15:58
Hi there. So far, loving the build. Currently level 83. Farming for gloves :) There's one thing that I'm having issues with. Every now and then when I first flicker strike, it doesn't go far, It slaps a mob or two, then stops. I become surrounded with the group of mobs unable to do a thing which results to a wipe.

Is there an issue with my gear or do I have too little crit or something? Why does that happen?

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional