[3.0] How to Flicker. Terminus Est Edition!

Thing is, you don't really need more damage during map clear, and you'll lose the benefit of headsman against bosses without adds.
Editado por útlima vez por AsbelFar en 25 ene. 2018 8:01:42
"
Camatoo escribió:
Spoiler
I dont have acess to POB right now, but did someone tried a 6l Terminus with

and as the 6th gem a

In this case you could spec out of "impact" and skill into "headsman" for 34% more damage.
The AOE is not important, but i think it would work out well with
since i think "impact" reduces heralds effect

I did this and there is almost no difference. While you are correct on the more damage and the aoe, you "lose" a conveniece slot for - lets say Fortify or maim. At the same time Headsman lost a lot of it's appeal because of the removal of reflect.

My advice would be: if you think you need the extra gem go Impact; if you want optimised map clear go Headsman
I am following this guide with my first character. I finished the act 10 not long ago, currently lvl 76. This build was amaizing between 51-70. I killed everything so fast and didn't even died at bosses. But from lvl 70 became very hard to survive. Sometimes even trash instant kill me if flickering stops for a moment or get a stun and some act 9-10 bosses were a wipe party. I tryed to add immortal call, but not helped much. I am low geared and hardly even get the needed intellect for the items, probably it ll be better if I can get more res and life, but very annoying that I coudn't finish T3 lab on lvl 75 cause Izaro onehit me with his green shit.

1. Pls take a look at my gear and tell me what equipment I focus next. My current full gear was about 6c. I stacked up about 80c, just I am hesitateing for larger investments.
2. How do u modify your gems/flasks ect during boss fights? I am using WC totem and try to run around dodging/kill adds, while it finish bosses, but even if WC totem have quite a brutal damage I feel there should be much more effective ways to do this.
3. How much mana do u have, after activating the 2 buff and the curse?
I really enjoyed playing the terminus flicker and have been min-maxing different possibilities with it. I wanted to see how far I could take a level 50 2h sword with a dagger damage into endgame content with this guide as template. I finally caved and downloaded path of building to see the results.

I am currently at roughly 430k shaper/guardian dps without flasks, a bit above 700k with flasks on. Not counting the occasional unholy might/rampage/onslaught. With 7k based armour, 100% up time of blind on even bosses, and 6k hp, I have been able to mindlessly facetank all t15s, even the guardians if the mods arent nasty. Red elder is down without issues. Have yet to try the breachlords and shaper himself. The character's name is Cracksurfer. I feel that I have hit a bottleneck/ceiling. If anyone could give constructive advice on where to go from here, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
"
Awks escribió:
Spoiler
I really enjoyed playing the terminus flicker and have been min-maxing different possibilities with it. I wanted to see how far I could take a level 50 2h sword with a dagger damage into endgame content with this guide as template. I finally caved and downloaded path of building to see the results.

I am currently at roughly 430k shaper/guardian dps without flasks, a bit above 700k with flasks on. Not counting the occasional unholy might/rampage/onslaught. With 7k based armour, 100% up time of blind on even bosses, and 6k hp, I have been able to mindlessly facetank all t15s, even the guardians if the mods arent nasty. Red elder is down without issues. Have yet to try the breachlords and shaper himself. The character's name is Cracksurfer. I feel that I have hit a bottleneck/ceiling. If anyone could give constructive advice on where to go from here, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Abyssus should push your damage past the 1m mark. Your clear speed should be plenty enough to kill packs even without the Lightpoacher spell.

After that it gets really hard to find massive upgrades for you. Switching to very good spiked gloves, steel rings and amulet would give you better DPS but should not be worth the multiple EX investment you would have to make. Unfortunately this build will never go into the insane millions of DPS.

But everything looks fine! Go for 100! ;)
Hi guys, may I get some feedback on my character? The character has been clearing maps easily, but has two major problems:
1. After 2 auras and the curse, the leftover mana is only sufficient to cast one flicker strike. During boss fights, the character is often stuck due to mana shortage
2. One-shot from certain boss. I understand that the resistance is not capped, but I find it hard to switch up the gear for it

Otherwise, is CI a consideration right now? Oskarm has reduced chaos resistance, but going CI solves that
"
CaimanLizard escribió:
Hi guys, may I get some feedback on my character? The character has been clearing maps easily, but has two major problems:
Spoiler

1. After 2 auras and the curse, the leftover mana is only sufficient to cast one flicker strike. During boss fights, the character is often stuck due to mana shortage
2. One-shot from certain boss. I understand that the resistance is not capped, but I find it hard to switch up the gear for it

Otherwise, is CI a consideration right now? Oskarm has reduced chaos resistance, but going CI solves that

Quick note, make sure you don't have an aura linked with a support gem (I had inc duration linked and couldn't cast). That being said, if you're not doing enough damage you may need to pickup "Spirit Void" under the mana leech node on passive tree (I only recently got dps high enough to finally get those two extra points back without stuttering during boss fights due to mana)

Can't see your character tab in profile so check privacy settings and make sure "Hide characters" is unchecked.

@CI - No idea. Only ES builds I've seen this league are LLRF.

@One-shot - If it's a legit you have FULL hp, they swing once and you're dead, something's wrong. Maybe you have Abyssus but missing the Lightning Coil chest? What bosses are one-shotting? If you need more leech, I didn't notice the new VP placement in the guide but for 1 point you get oodles of leech now.

Been playing this build as an alt lately and it's slowly becoming my new favorite as I gear him more.
Mobile games have better trading...
Editado por útlima vez por Tonst3r en 27 ene. 2018 17:47:27
"
Monti_Jones escribió:
"
Awks escribió:
Spoiler

Abyssus should push your damage past the 1m mark. Your clear speed should be plenty enough to kill packs even without the Lightpoacher spell.

After that it gets really hard to find massive upgrades for you. Switching to very good spiked gloves, steel rings and amulet would give you better DPS but should not be worth the multiple EX investment you would have to make. Unfortunately this build will never go into the insane millions of DPS.

But everything looks fine! Go for 100! ;)

Regarding abyssus, I had opted against it because my entire survival mechanism is life based, armour, and a blind from bv. I feel that the real value in lightpoacher is not actually the spell, but rather two extra sockets for the much needed flat life and phy dmg. I imagine shifting to abyssus and lightning coil would mean my hp would take a hit as well.

Im not sure if I can afford a shaper steel ring. The unset is simply because I ran out of sockets and that ring pushes me to 92% hit rate and almost 4k accuracy.

Too bad the maim from tombfist doesnt give 15% increased dmg taken. Otherwise that'd be lovely.
I have opened up my characters, sorry about that!

I have acquired a BOTB today, uping the health to 4k. Also brought vaal clarify which helps with the mana issue. Still, I'm looking for overall gear advice. For example, I have completely given up on Chaos resistence, would that bite me later? Which uniques should be switched out?

Re: one shot, there's a totem looking boss in a t2 map that shots lightnings. I get one-shot by that boss every single time.

"
Tonst3r escribió:
"
CaimanLizard escribió:
Spoiler

Quick note, make sure you don't have an aura linked with a support gem (I had inc duration linked and couldn't cast). That being said, if you're not doing enough damage you may need to pickup "Spirit Void" under the mana leech node on passive tree (I only recently got dps high enough to finally get those two extra points back without stuttering during boss fights due to mana)

Can't see your character tab in profile so check privacy settings and make sure "Hide characters" is unchecked.

@CI - No idea. Only ES builds I've seen this league are LLRF.

@One-shot - If it's a legit you have FULL hp, they swing once and you're dead, something's wrong. Maybe you have Abyssus but missing the Lightning Coil chest? What bosses are one-shotting? If you need more leech, I didn't notice the new VP placement in the guide but for 1 point you get oodles of leech now.

Been playing this build as an alt lately and it's slowly becoming my new favorite as I gear him more.
"
Awks escribió:
Regarding abyssus, I had opted against it because my entire survival mechanism is life based, armour, and a blind from bv. I feel that the real value in lightpoacher is not actually the spell, but rather two extra sockets for the much needed flat life and phy dmg. I imagine shifting to abyssus and lightning coil would mean my hp would take a hit as well.

Im not sure if I can afford a shaper steel ring. The unset is simply because I ran out of sockets and that ring pushes me to 92% hit rate and almost 4k accuracy.

Too bad the maim from tombfist doesnt give 15% increased dmg taken. Otherwise that'd be lovely.

Abyssus is the best item in terms of damage for this build, no damage on jewels can beat that. Think about it that way: if things are dead, they do 0 damage. If you kill things faster, the uptime on your defensive mechanics can be lower as well. A Basalt flask could help you avoiding the switch to Lightning Coil.

As I said, at your point, upgrades are mostly not worth the investment. Sure, those juicy steel rings are better. But are they that many EX better than your previous gear? If you can afford it, go for it and drop the Ice Golem while your at it. Your hit/crit chance is fine without it and crit multi should give you better damage.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional