[3.0] How to Flicker. Terminus Est Edition!

ABOUT 3.1
I'll hopefully update the guide this weekend (sorry for the delay but it was a busy week for me), for now let me just mention the changes (and there aren't that many) with a few words about them:
Ancestral Call - Extra speed for general Mapping, harder time in Boss Fights. You could switch gems of course if that doesn't bother you
Vaal Pact - The now changed Vaal Pact (alongside its closer location) combined with the Slayer class is something to be considered. While you don't have a life regen before your first attack (and thus you loose life due to Blood Rage) after your first monster pact the overleech will carry you from pack to pack until you clear the map. I'd say it's worth it.
At this point i'd say that the Belly of the beast and Kaom's Heart are the best options when it comes to your chest piece. If you play in Abyss i would really suggest the Belly due to the flat life Abyss jewels

If you play in Abyss i must say that the new abyss uniques are incredible for the build. I haven't got to test them in a flicker build as i'm not currently playing one in Abyss but without a doubt many of them combined with the abyss jewels have their place in the build:

Darkness Enthorned - Pretty much the best belt you can get IF you have 2 good abyss jewels
Bubonic Trail - % life + abyss sockets + 10% per abyss jewel type that affects you and death walk (which i'm pretty sure that doesn't work when you flicker but only when you run around ... still a cool visual)

Abyss jewels - i'd say the best combination would be Physical damage to sword attacks, crit chance/crit multi/accuracy, maximum life and resistances. Now let's say that you have Darkness Enthroned (2 sockets + 50% jewel efficacy so basically 3 sockets in this example as all jewels are the same) + 2 socket Bubonic Trail, Tombfist and Lightpoacher and 4 tree sockets for a total of 13 abyss jewel sockets, now lets say that you have 13 perfect Abyss jewels with 13-20 physical damage, 50 life and 10% all resistances so that's a total of 169-260 physical damage, +650 maximum life and 130% to all resistances! Of course having such a gear is pretty much impossible but i hope that you get the idea!

Shaper/Elder items - the mods that the Shaper and Elder items provide can lead to insanely powerful gear. They can have things like: frenzy/endurance charges on kill, maximum frenzy charges, built-in support gems, extra elemental damage based on your physical damage, melee damage, % max life and so on. You could end up with some crazy items but don't expect them to be cheap because they won't be.

The Oskarm gloves are another new piece of equipment that fits perfectly with the build.

Sadly with the changes to Vaal Pact, Acuity is not as good as it used to be, with that said it is still pretty good though i'd spend my currency on other improvements before getting Acuity and i would leave it as a last build upgrade.

Summary
The changes to Atziri's Acuity definitely hurts the survivability of the build in high end-content (think Guardians and Shaper). The ancestrall call is a fun new support gem option though its place in your gem setup is questionable. Vaal Pact actually becomes a viable option for your Slayer Flicker Striker. You have a lot of new gear options (Especially in Abyss) which can increse your power significantly if you manage to get them.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 15 dic. 2017 10:38:17
What do you think about the new unique helm, Lightpoacher? Do you think it could do well in this build? It seems pretty powerful, but we have no spell scaling.
I'm using Oskarm atm and it is amazing, without these gloves, I might not even bother with Flicker. Not having to run Blasphemy assassin's mark is awesome. The belt looks interesting, though I am not sure it means ALL socketed abyss jewels, or just the ones socketed in the belt. 50% better abyss jewels across the board would be pretty OP.
@KillerKookie

In my opinion the loss of Abyssus is a severe hit on your DPS, one that i think is not justifiable by the use of Lightpoacher (which is indeed a nice item even if you did no damage with the nova-like skill). Feel free to test it out though.

@roguemjb

The belt increases the jewel effectiveness of the jewels socketed inside the belt. That though can be extremely powerful - with perfect jewels you are looking at a belt with 150 life, 30 all res, 24-36 physical damage to sword attacks and 36% crit chance or 36% crit multi or 720 accuracy ... i mean it can be crazy... again ... if you have the jewels this is literally the best belt in the game (besides headhunter)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
@KorgothBG

I gave Lightpoacher a try, and it definitely feels a lot slower, with less damage output, compared to Abyssus, losing the crit multiplier & flat physical damage addition is a bit too much to warrant a change IMO.

It also feels like the skill isn't really useful for Flicker either, since you're teleporting all around the place, it's hard to get most of the nova to connect to enemies.
It is definitely not worth it for a Terminus flicker. I do find the life recovery a good option for say a RT flicker build, though i can't be sure until i test this (hopefully next week)... we'll see
Running this build as my league starter on Abyss and so far so good. I'm about to do my last ascendancy, and I'm torn with the new reflect changes as well as the change to Brutal Fervour.

My theory is that, with 100% increased life leeched per second from Brutal Fervour partnered with Vaal Pact, the leech will be absolutely disgusting (close to instant). To me, that sounds more valuable than 20% more damage and 15% increased area if you've killed recently. What is your opinion on the best 4th ascendancy node?
Editado por útlima vez por moldycondom en 15 dic. 2017 23:27:27
With the vaal pact change i prefer Brutal Fervour currently.
I just hope brutal fervor increases the leech cap in the same way vaal pact does
Can't wait for this build to be updated, means I will start playing POE again. Only build I have ever found that I really enjoyed :D

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional