[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

"
Hitoseijuro escribió:
@Lunartuna

You're roughly at 8.27 APS on Cyclone, it's not difficult to see 2 procs per second on average give or take, there is a .15 of a second cool down per proc and you're hitting more than 1 mob at a time.

If the travel time for one set of molten balls is roughly 1 second, the screen shot shows at least 3 procs in a second, possibly 4. 3-4 are all traveling at the same time/second. Definitely more than 2 attacks per second from motlen.

If the CD for molten is .15 then cant molten proc a max of 6.6 times per second if there is that many hits on mobs? Surely cyclone is hitting enough times smashing through a pack of say 10-15 mobs to hit close to that 6.6? At least 4 you would think depending on how close the hits on mobs are close to the molten CD.

twitch.tv/VtuberLunartuna
"
Lunartuna escribió:
Definitely more than 2 attacks per second from motlen.

Molten Burst does not attack, therefore there is no attack per second. Molten burst is a proc mechanic, in other words a random occurrence. When your axe hits something, you have a 20% chance to get molten burst or nothing, and nothing else will change that occurrence.

Attacks per second make no sense for Molten Burst, because as I stated, molten burst is not attacking, it is "activating".

"
Lunartuna escribió:
If the CD for molten is .15 then cant molten proc a max of 6.6 times per second if there is that many hits on mobs? Surely cyclone is hitting enough times smashing through a pack of say 10-15 mobs to hit close to that 6.6? At least 4 you would think depending on how close the hits on mobs are close to the molten CD.

Yes and no. 6.6 times seems plausible. However that would be if it was at a 100% success rate and I think there is some interactions with the way the hit and the activation work with how the game "checks" for it when you start accounting for several monsters.If you run into a pack of 30 mobs or so, you should be seeing 6.6 procs all the time, but thats not the case. This could also be that the mobs are dying way too quickly before all hits of Cyclone are hitting and also dying to Cyclone's 2nd wave damage per hit.

While this is a bit tricky its also a bit irrelevant because 95% of the time the mobs are dead before molten burst lands on them anyhow outside of high % HP mods for mobs.

Bosses are the ones that will soak up the Molten burst damage and those are usually alone, meaning you wont be seeing 6.6 Molten bursts per second(its possible, but the probability is very very very low).
I am curious if anyone has tried this form of the build but instead of Ngamahu, using duel wield weapons that have Essence of Hysteria?

I am only curious! I was looking around and no one really mentioned it. I know its a 10% proc, but duel wield would make it 20%. Probably isn't that strong and cant benefit from projectile damage or something.
"
Hitoseijuro escribió:
Spoiler
"
Lunartuna escribió:
Definitely more than 2 attacks per second from motlen.

Molten Burst does not attack, therefore there is no attack per second. Molten burst is a proc mechanic, in other words a random occurrence. When your axe hits something, you have a 20% chance to get molten burst or nothing, and nothing else will change that occurrence.

Attacks per second make no sense for Molten Burst, because as I stated, molten burst is not attacking, it is "activating".

"
Lunartuna escribió:

Yes and no. 6.6 times seems plausible. However that would be if it was at a 100% success rate and I think there is some interactions with the way the hit and the activation work with how the game "checks" for it when you start accounting for several monsters.If you run into a pack of 30 mobs or so, you should be seeing 6.6 procs all the time, but thats not the case. This could also be that the mobs are dying way too quickly before all hits of Cyclone are hitting and also dying to Cyclone's 2nd wave damage per hit.

While this is a bit tricky its also a bit irrelevant because 95% of the time the mobs are dead before molten burst lands on them anyhow outside of high % HP mods for mobs.

Bosses are the ones that will soak up the Molten burst damage and those are usually alone, meaning you wont be seeing 6.6 Molten bursts per second(its possible, but the probability is very very very low).

Ugh I forgot about the 20% chance for the proc!

So in theory the minimum amount of damage I am putting out(not worrying about hitting targets)would be the cyclone tooltip dps if I'm never getting any molten procs.

And if it procs on every hit, the max would be cyclone dps+ whatever 6.6 molten procs with 9 projectiles at 20k damage works out to be?

So actual dps would have to work in the 20% chance + how many molten balls are actually hitting targets. both add a ton of RNG. For a high density breach I'm sure it would be quite high but on bosses its different story like you said.

So by my calculations actual dps on target = a bunch?
Editado por útlima vez por Lunartuna en 27 abr. 2017 16:01:32
Why your not using blashemy warlord mark?

Got my Xoph's Blood finally. At least I feel like I can give real feedback... This build is good. It's damn good. I'm using the Primeval Force tank build with more ignite damage. T15 maps just melt under you. Now that I have my final ascendancy as well I'm able to whittle my way through most corrupted level maps. Atlas is just over 50% complete. Face tanked Izario like it was nothing, Uber Lab is super easy.

Admittedly I'm doing a few things different from the guide but I'm happy so far. All I need to do is cap my resists which I'll do through a ring. I've got 5.2K health with Belly of the Beast so it's a bit squishy, but with my flasks I've largely been doing just fine. I honestly don't agree that Carcass Jack is worth it. Sure you get slightly more DPS but the build already devastates everything so why not take the extra protection Belly offers?

Anyways, super happy with it. And it's flexible. Thank you so much for posting this guide! Now I just need to min-max by getting more advanced flasks, enchanting equipment, getting a better ring, etc.

"
papafire escribió:
love this build

but there 2 questions - why ignore chaos resist and why no1 takes "Ramparts nodes"

I was wondering this too, but it's because the first two nodes only affect melee damage. You no longer do melee damage with Xoph's. Only physical damage will add any DPS. You're basically throwing away two node points which might be fine if you're level 100 but good luck getting there.
I wanted to show off this beautiful NGAMAHU I just made

Anyone playing on HC? Looking for some tips on gear etc, flasks setups etc.

GEAR:
Spoiler

FLASKS:
Spoiler

Editado por útlima vez por honerpro en 27 abr. 2017 21:35:10
"
Silvok1 escribió:
I wanted to show off this beautiful NGAMAHU I just made

I've vaaled about 25 of them all 12 ias and 225%+
Best i got was fire damage leech.

Still trying for the +2 weapon range.
"
Lunartuna escribió:
Ugh I forgot about the 20% chance for the proc!

So in theory the minimum amount of damage I am putting out(not worrying about hitting targets)would be the cyclone tooltip dps if I'm never getting any molten procs.

And if it procs on every hit, the max would be cyclone dps+ whatever 6.6 molten procs with 9 projectiles at 20k damage works out to be?

So actual dps would have to work in the 20% chance + how many molten balls are actually hitting targets. both add a ton of RNG. For a high density breach I'm sure it would be quite high but on bosses its different story like you said.

So by my calculations actual dps on target = a bunch?

No, tooltip on Cyclone is not accurate. Tooltip might be like 90-100k without buffs, but in combat youll see it will be like 250-300k after killing and getting all your buffs, but the true damage would be closer to 700k+. Tooltip both unbuffed and buff does not account for flammability(+ your 30% inc from helm) and your 50% fire penetration(20% from weapon, 10% from Xoph, 20% from Wise Oak). Which as you can see can be more than double your damage. However you've changed your gear around again, Im assuming for more Life and safety against reflect so your cyclone dps is now like in the 600ks or 480s if you dont use Lion's roar.

So if we use your current setup. Your Cyclone is doing about 633k(478k no lions) on monsters and your molten burst is doing 52865 per projectile on monsters. This is with recently killed/onslaught/frenzy stacks/and are covered in ashe.

For bosses, your damage is going to drop drastically because ideally you wont have all those buffs.

Cyclone will do roughly 430k per second with your setup(having lion's/rage blood no stacks/getting hit once for fire of ashe proc). Molten burst will do roughly 39200 per projectile(not per proc, but per ball).

A lot of our damage gets hurt from not having recently killed buff up, onslaught, or frenzy stacks. Bosses also get a 60% less from our curses buff and 30% more resistences.

What you can use for bosses though are things like Vaal Haste and Vaal Lightning Trap, as shocked amplifier is huge dps bringing your boss dps almost up to monster levels of dps again. Due to Vaal lightning trap having 3 charges over 1 charge from Vaal haste, that should take priority when picking which should be used if only 1 is to be chosen imo.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional