[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

"
SuprDog escribió:
"
Slendin escribió:
So im shared number 1 spot for dps with this build now.
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?class=Slayer&item=Ngamahus-Flame&skill=Cyclone&sort=dps

But the main issue is not the dps :P, surviveablity is really shitty.
Im not that good with builds and sorts, so what is the best way to go to get more surviveablity?

Hey we have similiar-ish gear. I switched from Immortal Call to Steelskin and it improved survivalability a bit.

Vaal Molten Shell would also be possible as a defensive "cooldown".

Legion Generals are still a pain in the ass on buffed lv 15-16 maps though. But i can easily farm all content.

Thanks for the tip! Only thing im not liking about it now is the surviveablity!
Il give it a spin tonight.
"
SuprDog escribió:
"
gravijas escribió:
Should I change my gem Setup if I use the Crit tree?
throw in a crit chance or multiplier gem?

In my opinion, no not much at least. I dont think the point of going crit (Elemental Overload) is to be an actual build that does its dmg with crits but to crit often enough so you keep up the Elemental Overload buff. And thats possible without investing much into crit chance. Just make sure you have enough Accuracy.

You could probably use Starkonja's Head instead of Devoto's Devotion but i dont like the lack of movementspeed.

But the crit tree does not have Elemental Overload in it.
"
gravijas escribió:
"
SuprDog escribió:
"
gravijas escribió:

In my opinion, no not much at least. I dont think the point of going crit (Elemental Overload) is to be an actual build that does its dmg with crits but to crit often enough so you keep up the Elemental Overload buff. And thats possible without investing much into crit chance. Just make sure you have enough Accuracy.

You could probably use Starkonja's Head instead of Devoto's Devotion but i dont like the lack of movementspeed.

But the crit tree does not have Elemental Overload in it.

Oh i thought you were talking about the Elemental Overload tree my bad. Nevermind then :P
How do you sustain mana with this build? I see 0 mana leech nodes taken on the passive tree, and its just aweful right now
"
Vandamonia escribió:
How do you sustain mana with this build? I see 0 mana leech nodes taken on the passive tree, and its just aweful right now

If you have the currency look for minus mana cost on rings cheapest way would be a Praixas ring. Could also go for #% physical damage leeched as mana.
Hi, thank you for the guide, I just have a couple of questions about the build and I apologize if the question seems stupid.

So I saw that there is two different gem link set up for cyclone in the guide but there's also a different setup in Path Of Building. I was wondering which gem link I should follow.

Also, I understand that I need to get 3 white sockets on my armor piece by getting Vorici to research branch but I don't really understand how I would do that, is there a guide on how this process works?

Hello!
Make a char with you build.
Sorry, how about Lochtonial Caress?
I was try and it pretty good, IMHO
(but i'm noob, you know...=) )
"
SuprDog escribió:
Im currently using corrupted Tombfist with elemental weakness on hit + xoph + anger + herald and have dropped flammability.

Im planning switching to EO build and already got some nice rings with each 400+ accuracy. When i get Atziri's Acuity i'll have to drop elemental weakness on hit from the Tombfist gloves.

Should i add back flammability? But that would mean losing out on Anger / Watcher's Eye.

Without the curse on hit, you should still do a lot of damage.

Herald of Ash + Blood and Sand + Anger

"
ChasingDeath escribió:
Hi guys.
Sorry for asking again, but im having a lot of trouble survival T11-12 maps, and wanted to know what should i focus on now? I have around 200C to dump into items.

1) what items should i invest in, to get more survival?

2) Is there any reason to use consecrated path/tectonic slam instead of cyclone?

3) is there any way to get a bigger cyclone AoE without using Carcass Jack for me?

Profile/character:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/ChasingDeath/characters

Edit:; actually bought new helmet and gloves now, to try and get more life.

1. Run Enfeeble instead of Flammability. Add level 20 Steelskin into your setup. Self cast Steelskin when in combat.

2. For players who want to use a different skill setup with Ngamahu.

3. Craft +1 range on gloves and helm. Go for Impact and drop either Bane of Legends or Brutal Fervour. Pick up Brinkmanship from the skill tree.

"
Mariox93 escribió:

I wanna atleast try to make it work, im loving tectonic slam actually, just one more question, you think that the ascendancy of cyclone is the best for tectonic too or change some points?

Tectonic slam can use the same ascendancy as Cyclone.

If you want more AOE, you can consider Impact. Swap either Brutal Fervour or Bane of Legends for that.

"
caba85 escribió:
new gem for cyclone will get strong more than old gem setup?

The latest gems setup in the guide provide both damage and survivability.

"
SuprDog escribió:
Made some changes to my Elemental Overload build. Im not good with making a pretty post but here is my PoB Pastebin:

Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/iTsq46js

I basically run:

4Link:
Steelskin > Increased Duration > Cast when Damage Taken > Wave of Conviction

4Link:
Blood and Sand > Herald of Ash > Anger > Precision

4Link:
Vaal Ancestral Warchief > Faster Attack Support > Leap Slam > Blood Rage

6Link AoE Setup:
Cyclone > Fortify > Elemental Damage with Attack Skills > Pulverise > Infused Channeling > Elemental Focus

(Not sure why but i get more DPS with Elemental Focus compared with the suggested Rage Support)

6Link Singletarget Setup:
Cyclone > Close Combat > Infused Channeling > Concentrated Effect > Elemental Damage with Attacks > Fortify

(The same setup OP suggested)

With -9 mana on Ring i managed to drop Enlighten Support and squeeze in Precision lv 6 which helps me with getting up to 99% Hit Chance and a few % more Crit which is nice for Atziri's Acuity and the Elemental Overload procc.

I also get all my accuracy through my rings (each ring ~400 accuracy) and Precision.

Im not using any Endurance Charge generating skills at the moment so i've dropped Immortal Call with Steelskin and i think its a good change. Im thinking about getting a The Red Dream jewel to generate some Endurance Charges but im not sure yet. Also thought about getting Molten Shell but i think im lacking too much armour to get any decent value out of it.

Im currently at around 2.5million shaper DPS (only cyclone dmg) if i haven't messed up any settings in BoP and could with a bit more investment into rings, jewels, flasks, an helmet enchant and a better Watcher's Eye get a lot more damage.

I have done Shaper, Red Elder and Uber Elder without much issues. Maybe someone finds this write up useful if he is thinking about switching to EO.

I recommend to run this instead for better survivability:

Level 1 CWDT + Level 3 Immortal Call + Level 20 Steelskin + Level 7 Wave of Conviction

You will self cast Steelskin when in combat.

On the part about AOE setup, why Rage was picked, the main reason is that it provides more attack speed and movement speed. Which can offset the side effect of Pulverize.

Also, I have did test run with mapping setup and with Berserk gem, I was able to instant phase Shaper and Elder in Uber Elder fight. So even for players who stick with the mapping setup, they will still be able to handle Uber Elder easily. Just add Berserk into the equation.

"
gravijas escribió:

You don't have to change the gem setup. If you go for crit skill stree, consider inserting the following gem into the socket near Juggernaut:

"
Lunartuna escribió:
After many many divines i finally rolled a pretty good historic jewel

with it hideout dps goes from 103k to 118k, life goes from 5213 to 5345.
it gives a ton of melee and phys damage.

If i invest 4 points i could get 10% chance for endo charge on kill.

Spoiler

Still trying to decide on this or the jewel i currently run that gives 30% increased fortify effect and %5 phys taken as fire but like no dps.

I am running this:

near Golem's Blood. It gives me 10% chance to deal double damage. ;)

"
FearlessKiller escribió:
Is the ngamahu the best weapon for the build or what? I feel like im starting to lack damage for tier 14-15 bosses.... Maybe its just because this is my first league... I dont konw what to upgrade next

You need 6L on Bronn. That will instantly give you at least 40% more damage.

Get more levels on your character and level your gems to 20/20. That will give you more damage too.

Swap Lion's Roar for anti-curse Granite flask. You only use Lion's Roar on bosses that don't get knock back.

Get -7 mana on at least one of your rings:

"
Slendin escribió:
So im shared number 1 spot for dps with this build now.
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?class=Slayer&item=Ngamahus-Flame&skill=Cyclone&sort=dps

But the main issue is not the dps :P, surviveablity is really shitty.
Im not that good with builds and sorts, so what is the best way to go to get more surviveablity?

Run this setup:

Level 1 CWDT + Level 3 Immortal Call + Level 20 Steelskin (self cast) + Level 7 Wave of Conviction

This will improve your survivability.

For legion content, you will want to be at the corner of the engagement when the timer reaches 0, then cyclone in big circles and the legion mobs will pretty much misses all their attacks.

"
Vandamonia escribió:

The skill tree has 0.4% mana leech (near Vitality Void).

Get 1 x -7 mana ring:

"
SashaDog escribió:
Hi, thank you for the guide, I just have a couple of questions about the build and I apologize if the question seems stupid.

So I saw that there is two different gem link set up for cyclone in the guide but there's also a different setup in Path Of Building. I was wondering which gem link I should follow.

Also, I understand that I need to get 3 white sockets on my armor piece by getting Vorici to research branch but I don't really understand how I would do that, is there a guide on how this process works?

If you are running Bronn, I recommend you to go for the bossing gems setup as it is a lot easier to obtain.

You will need to get Vorici to research branch during syndicate encounter and get his rank to 3. You should be able to find some youtube guides with regards to this.

"
c17killer escribió:
Hello!
Make a char with you build.
Sorry, how about Lochtonial Caress?
I was try and it pretty good, IMHO
(but i'm noob, you know...=) )

Useful for leveling but as you progress towards endgame, you will want more damage and survivabilty from your gloves. :)

P.S. Was testing out mapping gems setup for Cyclone and I found out that it can also beat Uber Elder easily. Just run level 20 Berserk gem and go berserk. It is likely that you can instant phase Shaper and Elder in that fight.
"
you will want more damage and survivabilty from your gloves.

Thank you.
Sure, now i bought gloves with resistance, but still lack lightning resistance...=)
Using crit version of this, legion basically melts as i'm cycloning, don't even need to circle, only for unique mobs there. Red dream is good even with 14% chance, constantly have endurance charges when clearing.

Also rare unset ring with +3lvl to gems looks good too, especially if you're short on gem slots, 3% more aoe/dmg with blood and sand there.

This is nice flask all around too, gives speed(if no other source of onslaught like me, since i didn't take that axe node, went for rampart cluster instead), dmg, survival with 3% life on kill. Not sure if it was somewhere on build.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional