[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

Hi, great build. I am trying it out this league, I was wondering when should I pick up avatar of fire since I do not have Xoph? Should I get it asap or towards then end around 80-90?
I'm wondering about flasks, maybe someone can enlighten me:

* Taste of Hate: I dont get this one. Like I dont get it in most builds. What makes it so desirable?
* Lion's Roar: Why do we want this? For Knockback and Armor? Because the damage increase is pretty much useless, correct?
"
cryion escribió:
I'm wondering about flasks, maybe someone can enlighten me:

* Taste of Hate: I dont get this one. Like I dont get it in most builds. What makes it so desirable?
* Lion's Roar: Why do we want this? For Knockback and Armor? Because the damage increase is pretty much useless, correct?

Taste of hate for phys mitigation + damage.

Lion's Roar is actually the best flask for dps increase i believe, i wouldn't recommend using it on bosses that can get knockedback though.
"
Phosphenez escribió:

Lion's Roar is actually the best flask for dps increase i believe, i wouldn't recommend using it on bosses that can get knockedback though.

Alright, I am officially confused. I just popped Lions Roar and it actually increases the tooltip dps. I do not understand why. It increases physical damage. We dont deal any physical damage. How exactly is this working? This game is killing me. haha
"
cryion escribió:
"
Phosphenez escribió:

Alright, I am officially confused. I just popped Lions Roar and it actually increases the tooltip dps. I do not understand why. It increases physical damage. We dont deal any physical damage. How exactly is this working? This game is killing me. haha

Damage scales from physical bonuses then gets converted to fire, that's why we have a lot of %phys on tree and flat phys on rings benefit a lot as well.
"
swllyra escribió:
Hey everyone,

I'm having an issue with my cyclone build. Never played duelist before. I'm currently at level 52 and I'm having a problem maintaining my mana pool( even with an elreon ring and a mana flask). Flammability and Herald of ash auras consume the most of my mana pool. I'd appreciate if you have any advise. Thanks in advance!

Have you gotten the 0,4% mana leech from the Duelist mana leech cluster?

The the more damage you get the more mana you will leech. You can turn off Flammability+Blasphemy while leveling if you are having issues. Once you equip Ngamahu your damage will go up quite a lot and you should be leeching quite a lot more mana.

Also try and do wider/longer Cyclone moves, it spends mana / cast. So if you do several smaller movements on one spot you will go out of mana quickly.
"
Phosphenez escribió:

Damage scales from physical bonuses then gets converted to fire, that's why we have a lot of %phys on tree and flat phys on rings benefit a lot as well.

Hm. I understand. I figured damage from the passive tree applies before the change to fire damage is done and stuff that comes from equipment/flasks might is based on the actual damage we have - ie fire only.
Very interesting. Thank you.
Hey. Why in Ngamahu axe(EO Build) is Ele focus instead fire pen? Thanks for answear.
"
fur4sx escribió:
thx for the great build and also thread with your permanent replies

wouldn´t it be better to drop Catalyse 10%+24% ele dmg with attack skills and

go for Executioner 15%+15%+24% phys dmg wit 2handed ?

Catalyse mainly because of the +10 int it provides and this build is lacking in the int area. Since it provides some int and damage too. It was picked.

If you have enough int from gears and jewels, you can definitely spec it out. :)

"
dperls escribió:
What gems are the most important to have quality on? I picked up a bunch of mid qual ones to start the build and have a bunch of GCP that I can sink into ones that make the most sense.

Physical damage gems, concentrated gems gets the priority but eventually you will want all gems to be 20/20.

Personally, when a gem hit level 20, I just vendor it with 1 gemcutter's prism for a level 1, 20% quality gem and level it all over again.

"
roya82 escribió:

Appreciate reading through the thread to get a sense of what is important. Would it help others (i know it would me) to have a section in the guide with a high-level (expensive) upgrade path perhaps?

5 link chest > taste of hate > 6 link chest > dying sun > xoph amulet? perhaps (i'm not sure if this is correct ;)

Good suggestion there.

I would go for:

5L chest > Wise Oak (and) Lion's Roar (if it is ~10 chaos) > Xoph's Blood > 6L > Taste of Hate > Dying Sun

"
jamakazu escribió:
"
Fuzzballx escribió:
"
Kitaen escribió:

Spoiler

hardly a build that can start as cheap as nagamahus and be good straight away.

the beauty is that you can scale this into lategame like almost no other build. if you want to spent a lot of currency, you will certainly find a way aswell.

Spoiler

Several people who are new to the game this league that are from two communities i participate in decided to just do what i'm doing to get into the game for the first time.

They knew nothing about trading or the game or anything, They have played Diablo 2 though, heh. (2, not 3)

I suggested they level with Sunder like i did to 55+ and able to afford Gnamahu's, They both got 55+ around the time the Gnamahus dropped to 23c or so from 55c. Both were able to afford that, a 2 chaos 5 link chest, some essence of greed for the chest, and able to 5 socket the ngamahus at that point without my help (well i helped them walk through how to use poe.trade and search for and buy the axe).

One of them even immediately afforded Devotos and carange heart cause he found an ex in act 8.

They all immediately blew through the rest of the acts and early maps just with that. 20 to 60 chaos in gear, and felt like they had working powerful toons.

Then i taught em how to roll flasks properly for the build and they were even more stunned.

Brand new players, able to afford and feel powerful with this build, with no outside help and few currency/drops.

This is awesome for budget/new players.

Spoiler

Can confirm that, I started playing poe seriously for the first time this season (before i would only get to like lvl 50 and stop playing). Made enough currency on another char to buy ngamu and tabula (so about 60c) and thats my gear now

Spoiler

Maybe it's not the best but it works and keeps getting better

Thank you for taking your time to write those testimonials, really appreciate it. :)

"
simakover escribió:
am i loosing many, if run Faster attack on 5L? without xorn. FA looks like good quality of life gem

and if use 2 curse + ash setup, am i need some mana reservation or mana leech on tree? or in items?

You will need Enlighten 4 to run 2 curses + Herald of Ash.

I would recommend you to drop Herald of Ash when your main focus is on leveling.

"
youlikemenow escribió:
I'm following this build for a while now, but some how I cant beat shaper yet with it. He just one shots me with some skills, so doesn't matter if I can leech. Anyone has any suggestions?

I have 5.4 health 200 shield and 3.3k armour. The next level I'm going to pick health nodes, but I'm not sure the 500 health will matter really. I'm lvl 84. I'm doing around 50k dps.

Spoiler

Were you able to keep Zana alive during the portal phase? If you are able to, your damage is enough.

I recommend you to attempt it when you have 6000 life pool. Get more levels. Level 84 is rather stretched.

Also, I would replace Death's Door boots with rare boots that gives you lots of life and resistance. You do not benefit from Death's Door at all because you are immune to bleed when you leech.

And what @Fuzzballx said. Fighting Shaper is all about understanding his mechanics. Once you have the damage get used to fighting him, you will be able to kill him 100% of the time.

"
SlowDrugs escribió:
Hello guys. Please help me, how can i up my dps? Ofc next step 6L,ToH and end my gems 20/20. But now i have low budjet and no ideas : (

My profile
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/SlowDrugs/characters

My dps unbuff in HO.
Spoiler

Sorry for my bad english.

You are not using the recommended gems for your 5L. Thus not optimizing the damage. I suggest to use Vorici bench with 2R +1B to roll the colors. And of course, 6L will be a good damage boost.

Opal rings and life % + physical % damage jewels will help too.

You can also roll attack speed on your gloves.

"
yoese1367 escribió:
So if I do the VOIDHEART Until i can buy XOPH'S BLOOD, Do i just go buy your Reguler NonAoF Tree??? Thankss

Voidheart alternate setup is meant for players who already own the ring, and don't want to respec from Avatar of Fire skill tree.

In terms of damage:

Xoph's Blood > Avatar of Fire Skill Tree > Voidheart > Non Voidheart

"
simakover escribió:
How maintain 2 curses with belly + windscream setup that you mention? looks like interest boss farm configuration, but 2 curses + ash give you 5% mana that not enough for cyclone

You can drop Herald of Ash and just run with dual curse. Otherwise you will need Enlighten 4. :)

"
Feeder_thai escribió:
Hi guys!

Need some advice. What gear should I be aiming for now? - and is there anything that I currently have that could be upgraded for the better?

Should I be saving up for a Xoph's Amulet or what's the next step that could be a little bit cheaper?

Spoiler

You can run the build using Avatar of Fire skill tree till you get Xoph's Blood.

Your boots are without movement so consider upgrading it to a pair with movement. It will greatly improve your mapping experience.

"
Alros escribió:
Was wondering why no one thought about the emberwake + taming combo yet, but apparently emberwake got gutted in 3.0.0. ;(

Those 2 rings were part of the recommendation in EO skill tree but you simply lose too much toughness when you equip both of them.

"
popiolek1988 escribió:
Hey there! I was looking for some cheap leaguestarter (Harbringer) and decided to give this build a try, its great! A few days ago I killed Shaper, today I've cleared my very first Uber Atziri. Just wanted to thank you!

My gear so far:

Spoiler

Grats on both end game boss kills! Must have felt really good. :)

"
swllyra escribió:
Hey everyone,

I'm having an issue with my cyclone build. Never played duelist before. I'm currently at level 52 and I'm having a problem maintaining my mana pool( even with an elreon ring and a mana flask). Flammability and Herald of ash auras consume the most of my mana pool. I'd appreciate if you have any advise. Thanks in advance!

You don't use Flammability till level 55 when you can equip Ngamahu's Flame.

"
Hi, great build. I am trying it out this league, I was wondering when should I pick up avatar of fire since I do not have Xoph? Should I get it asap or towards then end around 80-90?

Yes. I recommend you to go for Avatar of Fire skill tree till you can afford Xoph's Blood.

"
fatal847 escribió:
Hey. Why in Ngamahu axe(EO Build) is Ele focus instead fire pen? Thanks for answear.

Good spotting over there. Based on PoB, Added Fire Damage has slightly more effective DPS than Fire Penetration. I personally do not know how accurate that is but either gems will be fine.
Ok, I have no idea what I'm doing wrong but I need help.

I'm able to run things like t11/Beachhead fine but p3 Izaro keeps 1-shotting me every time I'm able to make it to him (I find I get indecisive when it comes to romba/saw/spike pillar traps) but by landing on me as I don't seem to be able to react quickly enough to his leap and find if the final traps aren't like fire floor and spikes I just can't find a spot to move around to safely.

Stats currently are;
* 4257 life (can't really see a spot to increase life given other needs and currency)
* 6040 armour
* 33% phsy reduction
* Overcapped in all resists
* 56k cyc dps (dps is not an issue on any fight so far)

I'm fairly certain it's a situation where the answer is either "git gud" or "You're too old to react quickly enough any more" so am considering just running uber when the floor is fire and spikes but would be nice if anything fundamentally broken in my gear was actually the issue rather than my ability.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional