[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

"
filevandrell escribió:
I'm not using them anyway, it's 78% for block without them. I just dunno if I really need frenzy charges or can I ignore them. Also I'm not sure about dmg incoming with abyssus.

It's explained in the OP why we take Violent Retaliation instead of Outmatch and Outlast or Blood in the Eyes.

Most end game bosses are immune to bleed from Blood in the Eyes (and Gratuitous Violence but we use that to clear packs) is obsolete and getting charges on kill through Outmach and Outlast is very unreliable in pretty much any boss fight, where every damage counts and adds aren't always present.

Violent Retaliation is the only choice here.

Frenzy charges are ever really only needed for packs for a faster clear speed. If you can manage to get them in a boss fight, good!

Also, you need to remove Blasphemy, Reckoning and Vengeance. You don't need those. Replace them with CWDT lvl 1 so you can have Blood Rage, Tempest Shield and Vuln up almost all the time (these are 4L).

The links and gems' levels on your boots are bad. You want to be able to have 100% up time on Tempest Shield and Blood Rage but if they are that leveled along with CWDT, they will rarely proc, making you do a lot less damage.

Try following the links that are in the OP. Those are the best ones and it will free you a lot of space to use other gem set ups like 4L Incresed Duration + 3 Vaal Hastes or a lvl 19 CDWT with a lvl 19 Lightning/Fire Golem and 1 Vaal Haste. If you choose the later gem set up, CWDT gem needs to be one level lower than Vaal Haste so you can use Vaal Haste at will instead of procing from CWDT.

Either way, the first gem set up I said is usually better in solo (faster boss kill, etc) and it's the best set up for playing with groups since it has almost 100% up time with 3 Vaal Hastes.

As for Abyssus, I think the OP said somewhere that it's not worth it due to the increased damage taken and I personally agree though I never tested it myself, and I don't plan on to, but 40% increased dmg taken on a block build is just too much. If this was a dodge build, maybe...
fph ~ Orbs work in real life. I exchanged my ex for a lot of regrets.
Editado por útlima vez por Majad en 6 oct. 2016 19:23:03
Could you please add a leveling skill tree?
Trying to figure out if a variation of this build would work with a Kintsugi, making it Evasion based instead of armor. Is it possible to effectively combine Leap Slam +Fortify with Kintsugi's 20% damage reduction if you haven't been hit recently. And the max Block/Spell Block. While still maintaining decent damage with a one hander.
Does Blocking count as "hit recently" or only if an attack goes through one's block?
If blocking doesn't count as "hit recently" so that the Kintsugi can keep up that 20% first hit damage reduction, than I'd perhaps keep Iron Reflexes so the Kintsugi's evasion is converted to armor.

"
ಥ_ಥ escribió:
Trying to figure out if a variation of this build would work with a Kintsugi, making it Evasion based instead of armor. Is it possible to effectively combine Leap Slam +Fortify with Kintsugi's 20% damage reduction if you haven't been hit recently. And the max Block/Spell Block. While still maintaining decent damage with a one hander.
Does Blocking count as "hit recently" or only if an attack goes through one's block?
If blocking doesn't count as "hit recently" so that the Kintsugi can keep up that 20% first hit damage reduction, than I'd perhaps keep Iron Reflexes so the Kintsugi's evasion is converted to armor.

Blocks count as a hit so the 20% less damage wouldn't be active most of the time against bosses but the 50% increased evasion would be.
Editado por útlima vez por Majad en 7 oct. 2016 1:46:26
"
tenme1 escribió:

from the Original Post:

Levelling Tips:

Spoiler

I will consider two stages while levelling: from level 1 to 55 (around normal and cruel difficulties) and then from 55 to 68 (merciless difficulty and start mapping). Then, after that you will be able to full equip your char.

Most important considerations:

- Always try to improve your weapon pDPS (physical DPS). Look for better weapons on poe.trade for your current level and exchange it every time you got the chance (my budget was no more than 1c-2c every time I changed weapon). At level 48 or so I go for axes, prior to that, I take the best pDPS 1H weapon I could get.
- Always try to take advantage from Ancestral Protector/Warchief during rare and boss fights.
- I did Normal with self found gear (except for the weapon) and use Bismuth flask to deal with resistances.
- Your first and main priority every time you change difficulty is to cap your elemental resistances. This is truly mandatory if you wish to avoid dying.
- At a2m maximize all you can your block A/S chance. Mobs start to hit you hard.
- If you have mana issues, take advantage from Spirit Void/Volatile Void duelist area. Then respec when you got Soul Taker.

From Level 1 to 55:

For me, this stage is just almost the same for any char, I really don't like this part of the levelling process, so I just give some general advices:
- Use good low level uniques for levelling like: The Princess Sabre, Lochtonial Caress or Ondar's Clasp Gloves, Crest of Perandus Shield, Meginord's Girdle Heavy Belt, Bismuth Flask (for capping resistances), Wanderlust Wool Shoes, Goldrim Leather Cap, Blackheart Iron Ring, Briskwrap of Foxshade Chests.
- Always try to improve your flasks, is really important. At Level 42 try to get your definitive Seething Hallowed flasks.
- I use Molten Strike while levelling until switching to Static Strike. I did it after being able to link Multistrike support gem (a4n). 4-Link: Molten Strike + Added Fire Damage + Melee Physical Damage + Faster Attacks.
- After getting Multistrike, I strongly suggest you use Static Strike as main attack skill. Only after getting merciless lab (Gratuitous Violence) exchange SS with any other skill you like. 4-Link: Static Strike + Multistrike + Melee Phyisical Damage + Weapon Elemental Damage. I added Faster Attacks on 5L.
- For avoiding mana issues, use Elreon jewellery with "-X to Mana Cost of Skills" affix. Another great option is to pick two mana leech nodes from Spirit Void/Volatile Void duelist area, it completely solves your mana issues while you get Soul Taker.
- If needed, put Blood Magic on your mobility skill for avoiding mana issues (no leech in this case).
- At level 45 you will be able to equip The Anvil Amulet.

Passive Tree at Level 55:

From Level 55 to 68:
At this moment you need to rethink your gear and cap resistances for merciless difficulty. Not far from that, at level 59 you will be able to equip Soul Taker. This will allow you to forget about mana concerns and keep our three auras up all the time: Hatred + Herald of Ash + Arctic Armour.

- When buying gear, think to cap your elemental resistances for merciless difficulty based on Gloves + Boots + 2x Rings + Belt. Remember that the rest of the equipment are mandatory uniques that doesn't have any elemental resistance stats.
- Normal and Cruel labs are truly mandatory when you reach Act 2 in Merciless Difficulty. Prior to that, your tankyness is not an issue, but at this point, mobs start to hit you hard.
- At level 67 you will be able to equip Bringer of Rain Helmet. From now on, you will have your definitive main attack skill setup working.

Passive Tree at Level 68:

After Level 68:
You will start mapping and be able to full equip your char at level 70 getting Lioneye's Remorse shield for final Armour/Life boost.

There is your leveling tree/section :)
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
I just finished uber lab first time lvl 81 with a bit of luck and <5% hp sometimes ^^
I can't decide what to take though. 'Blood in the Eyes' or 'Violent Retaliation'? I don't really plan on doing Guardians or Shaper with this build and just use it for bad corruptions or fun play. So I should rather go for 'Blood in the Eyes' right?
87.5% chance to cause Bleeding with one Multistrike and 60% increased damage.

Playing Soul Taker and Bringer of Rain version of the Build.
"
EpicFailXXL escribió:
I just finished uber lab first time lvl 81 with a bit of luck and <5% hp sometimes ^^
I can't decide what to take though. 'Blood in the Eyes' or 'Violent Retaliation'? I don't really plan on doing Guardians or Shaper with this build and just use it for bad corruptions or fun play. So I should rather go for 'Blood in the Eyes' right?
87.5% chance to cause Bleeding with one Multistrike and 60% increased damage.

Playing Soul Taker and Bringer of Rain version of the Build.

I still think Violent Retaliation is better since the stacks of damage you get when you block stack. The one from bosses I don't think it stacks but it gives 80% more damage and that's way more than Blood in the Eyes will ever give.

But if you aren't going to do guardians or other end game bosses, I guess it doesn't matter which you pick? Idk.
"
eviL_Bison escribió:
"
tenme1 escribió:

from the Original Post:

Levelling Tips:

Spoiler

I will consider two stages while levelling: from level 1 to 55 (around normal and cruel difficulties) and then from 55 to 68 (merciless difficulty and start mapping). Then, after that you will be able to full equip your char.

Most important considerations:

- Always try to improve your weapon pDPS (physical DPS). Look for better weapons on poe.trade for your current level and exchange it every time you got the chance (my budget was no more than 1c-2c every time I changed weapon). At level 48 or so I go for axes, prior to that, I take the best pDPS 1H weapon I could get.
- Always try to take advantage from Ancestral Protector/Warchief during rare and boss fights.
- I did Normal with self found gear (except for the weapon) and use Bismuth flask to deal with resistances.
- Your first and main priority every time you change difficulty is to cap your elemental resistances. This is truly mandatory if you wish to avoid dying.
- At a2m maximize all you can your block A/S chance. Mobs start to hit you hard.
- If you have mana issues, take advantage from Spirit Void/Volatile Void duelist area. Then respec when you got Soul Taker.

From Level 1 to 55:

For me, this stage is just almost the same for any char, I really don't like this part of the levelling process, so I just give some general advices:
- Use good low level uniques for levelling like: The Princess Sabre, Lochtonial Caress or Ondar's Clasp Gloves, Crest of Perandus Shield, Meginord's Girdle Heavy Belt, Bismuth Flask (for capping resistances), Wanderlust Wool Shoes, Goldrim Leather Cap, Blackheart Iron Ring, Briskwrap of Foxshade Chests.
- Always try to improve your flasks, is really important. At Level 42 try to get your definitive Seething Hallowed flasks.
- I use Molten Strike while levelling until switching to Static Strike. I did it after being able to link Multistrike support gem (a4n). 4-Link: Molten Strike + Added Fire Damage + Melee Physical Damage + Faster Attacks.
- After getting Multistrike, I strongly suggest you use Static Strike as main attack skill. Only after getting merciless lab (Gratuitous Violence) exchange SS with any other skill you like. 4-Link: Static Strike + Multistrike + Melee Phyisical Damage + Weapon Elemental Damage. I added Faster Attacks on 5L.
- For avoiding mana issues, use Elreon jewellery with "-X to Mana Cost of Skills" affix. Another great option is to pick two mana leech nodes from Spirit Void/Volatile Void duelist area, it completely solves your mana issues while you get Soul Taker.
- If needed, put Blood Magic on your mobility skill for avoiding mana issues (no leech in this case).
- At level 45 you will be able to equip The Anvil Amulet.

Passive Tree at Level 55:

From Level 55 to 68:
At this moment you need to rethink your gear and cap resistances for merciless difficulty. Not far from that, at level 59 you will be able to equip Soul Taker. This will allow you to forget about mana concerns and keep our three auras up all the time: Hatred + Herald of Ash + Arctic Armour.

- When buying gear, think to cap your elemental resistances for merciless difficulty based on Gloves + Boots + 2x Rings + Belt. Remember that the rest of the equipment are mandatory uniques that doesn't have any elemental resistance stats.
- Normal and Cruel labs are truly mandatory when you reach Act 2 in Merciless Difficulty. Prior to that, your tankyness is not an issue, but at this point, mobs start to hit you hard.
- At level 67 you will be able to equip Bringer of Rain Helmet. From now on, you will have your definitive main attack skill setup working.

Passive Tree at Level 68:

After Level 68:
You will start mapping and be able to full equip your char at level 70 getting Lioneye's Remorse shield for final Armour/Life boost.

There is your leveling tree/section :)

thanks i miss that D:
prolly a nub question

how do you deal with this Multistrike attack "locking" mechanic?
like im trying to dodge say a big incoming hit, but im locked to multistrike attack animation and cant move away. got me killed several times :(
"
buttcommander escribió:
prolly a nub question

how do you deal with this Multistrike attack "locking" mechanic?
like im trying to dodge say a big incoming hit, but im locked to multistrike attack animation and cant move away. got me killed several times :(

Press your move button until you start moving or better, press your shield charge/whirling blades.

And when I say press, I mean actually press it until you move, not just clicking it once and hoping you got the timing right. Lol.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional