[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

"
mas_mariano escribió:

Cleave works all the way and I really like it, truth is that is even better with that mtx...

I like the Added Chaos Support idea, but as you stated, further testing is needed.

About Static Strike and lightning penetration, with setup posted on guide, you have:
- Physical Damage: 14%
- Lightning Damage: 33%
- Fire Damage: 33%
- Cold Damage: 20%

As you can see, your lightning damage is not that high compared with all the rest. I tried lightning penetration some time ago (even using PtL) and imo it didn't work well. I guess loosing AFD is a lot of damage to loose. And what makes SS damage so high, is added explosions that makes single target damage a x1.6 really hard to achieve with any other skill.

Even people that play all the way using Cleave (including myself) found Static Strike the best against hardest bosses.

Double curse sounds interesting too, but I decided not to consider things like that on main build because first priority for me was to keep budget as low as I can.

I'm still not really convinced of Static Strike tho. But just my personal preference.

I understand that the Phys to ele conversion is a really strong mechanic and it works really nice. (If anyone dares, there are some posts from Mark which explain them really good. But the wiki post about this can be confusing. Yes I was curious about this :D)

For it seems bad to use a conversion skill without penetration. Later content bosses have high resitances and if Unlucky they have overcapped lightning res (Main dmg source ofc) (Monsterrescap is also 75%)

To be honest, thats an effective 75% less damage modifier in the badest circumstance. Against Bosses(!)

I know this is highly theoretical, but I feel that this should be outlined. And it doesn't mean that the Conversion skills are bad or anything else.

Lets face it, the Static Strike explosion negates most of the downsides, not all but most of them.

Enough of this. :D

About Poison/Curse/Dual Curse

I leveled my Duellist to lvl 42 (I don't have that much time at the moment), at lvl 28 I tried the poison gem, its a nice add, but for leveling... meh. Later on I feel it can deal massive damage tho. I'll test it in a few level with voidheart.

I run a Vuln on Blasphemy with HoA setup, its a nice leveling expirience so far. There is nothing yet which causes any problems. But what does that in Normal and cruel?

Some random thoughts I had yesterday: go full Hatered/HoA/anything with gloves that have the level 10-12 vuln on hit corruption. With Voidheart. In my head that sounds great. But it won't be a budget option. I vaaled so many gloves this leage, still no vuln on hit... (My Warchief wants them soooo bad :D)

Things I want to test with this char:

- Vuln on Blasphemy / Voidheart endgame viability
- Vuln on Hit Full elemental Aura / voidheart viability (Could be very expensive)
- Dual Curse Vuln & temp chains aka Turtle Mode. This would be incredible expensive to get a +1 curse Anvil.

Here is some gear, waiting for its usage :D
Spoiler

I know that my voidheart isn't that good. If I get a new divine, we'll see its new outcome.

And because everybody loves to look at the gear of others. My actuall lowball gear. (not)

Actual Tree (with modifications to my needs)
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQAAAHcBIcFLRQgFewoKi_MNuhAoEZpR35QR1ivXz9i7GVNZ5tyqXTtdqx343loeu982YTZhO-K8ItPl3mpbq4-toq5Hb02vqfAv8EEwYLEFcT2xq7KkM9-2sHkUelG6hjvDvcy?accountName=eviL_Bison&characterName=BisonBlocks

ps: If wished I can continue to explain my leveling expiriences so far.
pps: If anyone asks why I'm still not ascended, I just had no desire to face Izaro with Fonts. Thats all :D
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
"
mas_mariano escribió:
I put some considerations about Uber Izaro on previous answers (page 52). If you can, please share your opinions about that and if you consider that following those tips will avoid the issues you got against Izaro (I'm not entirely convinced to include those tips on main guide and want to be 100% sure about it).

Idk why you don't want to do Guardians with this build, but if you decided to do that, then you should choose between 80% inc. damage against bosses (plus additional block) or 40% inc. damage against everything (plus damage reduction).

My personal choice when not dealing with guardians will be Blood in the Eyes.

The pulse you described from Izaro, I have never had any issues with it. The one I sometimes have issues with (not dying, just getting really low hp) is the ground slam he does, which is easily avoidable by just using a movement skill towards his back mainly because if you run the other way, it won't proc fortify.

Either way, if a person wants to play fully safe, which I recommend early in the league or the first times you're going for all the keys. Avoid the ground slam (it can be avoidable if you see him rise his weapon), avoid his charge (he only uses this when you're out of melee range, I believe) and avoid the "freezing" pulse he uses, by going to the sides if he already used it, not in the direction the pulse is going, either forward or backwards.

As for flasks, I agree that the safest way to do him is to bring 3 defensive flasks. 1 or 2 basalt and 1 granite, for me that is since having one flask up is more than enough to get to survive everything. Having one up is enough to tank everything he throws at you with all the keys, unless you're going for like charges and the totems. Fuck that. Don't ever do that.

But right now, since I've got good gear and a good hp pool, I don't even bother going 3 granite flasks but it's good muscle practice to make me click those hp flasks I barely click.

"
mas_mariano escribió:
You just deal with it and get used to it :)

Pretty much.

"
mas_mariano escribió:
Please share your thoughts after further testing. Thanks!

Idk. For me it feels worthless because I rarely get stunned, like, rarely really. Packs die in an instant and bosses rarely stun me, if ever.

But I'd be nice to see how the experiment goes, though.

"
eviL_Bison escribió:
Things I want to test with this char:

- Vuln on Blasphemy / Voidheart endgame viability
- Vuln on Hit Full elemental Aura / voidheart viability (Could be very expensive)
- Dual Curse Vuln & temp chains aka Turtle Mode. This would be incredible expensive to get a +1 curse Anvil.

The minium price for a curse anvil is 2 ex. If you play enough in the league and trade, it's possible to get it but that'll mean an expensive build and that takes time.
fph ~ Orbs work in real life. I exchanged my ex for a lot of regrets.
Editado por útlima vez por Majad en 8 oct. 2016 10:54:42
Important note: This only applies to the BoR version and not if you're using Aegis.

By the way, I've been meaning to share my thoughts with flasks and how important they are because this seems to be something a lot of builds don't look at or just completely ignore. Thankfully, this guide doesn't ignore them but I was curious about which armour/es flasks were better along with their mods combinations.

I remember saying, and you too Mariano, that using a Granite together with Jade was better due to charge use and the fill (same way it's better to use Hallowed life flasks instead of Divine. They recharge way faster).

I always put a lot of currency into flasks, alts only of course (I've probably used almost 2k alts this league for flasks only), and I've found that basalt flasks can be as good if not better than using Granite + Jade.

Basically, for a low budget build, it's better to use Granite + Jade because it's easier to get certain mod combinations that are more difficult to get if you're using Basalt.

If you manage to get these mod combinations on basalts, I think they are much better than using Granite + Jade and you can ditch Jade flask altogether and can use 2 Basalt + 1 Granite for bosses like Minotaur (it's pretty much obligatory to have 3 defensive flasks here) or Izaro.

Here's the mods you need in order for Basalt to be better, imo, than the Granite + Jade combo.

The reduced charges used + increased armour (NOT increased evasion. Tested this and armour on flasks give more than evasion) is absolutely the best combo on a Basalt. You need at least 25% reduced charges so you only use at least 30 charges or less, which means you can now use Basalt twice (!) instead of once without refill.

Another good, but not as good, is this combo:

Is to make the max charges go from 60 to 80 but not only is the SUPER difficult (I got super lucky) and expensive, it's probably also worse than the Granite + Jade because using 40 charges instead of 30 (like Granite and Jade use, or a Basalt with atleast 25% reduced charges used has) means the flask will take longer to recharge, as such, I think this is totally worthless and weaker than using Granite + Jade. Even so, I'm not 99% sure of this, mostly because I just got lucky on this mod combo and I want to experiment it lolololol.

The problems with this is just that it's more difficult, hence expensive (or time consuming on runs if you're like me who picks up almost every rare. Though I mostly do this because of chaos recipe), to get the modifiers on Basalt than on Granite and Jade.

Also, take note that Granite/Jade with quality and increased duration has more duration than Basalt, but not by much that will make using Jade better than Basalt. The time differences range from 0.2 to 0.4 extra seconds, I believe.

Conclusion, early league start, focus on Granite and Jade flasks ONLY (with increased amour/es, respectively, and extra charges, increased duration or reduced charges (best mod)). Don't even bother with Basalt flasks or if you're low on budget/don't have the patience to pick up a lot of rares while mapping). After a few weeks in the league, this is less of an issue since you'll have more currency and you can start focusing on getting those amazing mods to get an amazing Basalt (armour and at least 25% reduced charges used ONLY. All other mods combos suck, imo).

Edit: This feels a lot like min max stuff but I think flasks are very important to a character's survivability that a lot of people just outright ignore. I'd like your thoughts on what I wrote, Mariano.
Editado por útlima vez por Majad en 8 oct. 2016 12:13:48
Editado por útlima vez por Proteusius en 8 oct. 2016 11:52:05
"
Proteusius escribió:
@majad But you cant use basalt when you have the aegis aurora version of this build.

Right, something I didn't think of since I'm not playing with Aegis now lol so I guess this only applies to BoR version.
"
eviL_Bison escribió:
ps: If wished I can continue to explain my leveling expiriences so far.
pps: If anyone asks why I'm still not ascended, I just had no desire to face Izaro with Fonts. Thats all :D

Yes please, share your levelling process. Thanks.

About Normal/Cruel Izaro, I just did both while on a2m because of lazyness and I wanted to see when block feels really needed and a2m was the breaking point on that imo.
"
Majad escribió:
Conclusion, early league start, focus on Granite and Jade flasks ONLY (with increased amour/es, respectively, and extra charges, increased duration or reduced charges (best mod)). Don't even bother with Basalt flasks or if you're low on budget/don't have the patience to pick up a lot of rares while mapping). After a few weeks in the league, this is less of an issue since you'll have more currency and you can start focusing on getting those amazing mods to get an amazing Basalt (armour and at least 25% reduced charges used ONLY. All other mods combos suck, imo).

Edit: This feels a lot like min max stuff but I think flasks are very important to a character's survivability that a lot of people just outright ignore. I'd like your thoughts on what I wrote, Mariano.

I agree all you said. Flask are extremely important and usually overlooked. Because I usually spam a lot of flasks (more than needed usually) I like quick recharge flasks. Plus, two uses before refill, for the same reason.

That's why I always stay with Hallowed.

While mapping, good utility flask usage is totally mandatory when dealing with certain mods like elemental weakness or extra elemental damage for example. Or certain bosses.

Basalt with 25% reduction is way better than granite+jade combo, no doubt about it. But as you stated is more difficult and expensive to get (dunno how much really) and Granite+Jade combo seems to me good enough and so easy to get. I will include this on next update, because when you already got all you need, is good to know how to improve even more your gear and that Basalt seems a great improvement.
"
Proteusius escribió:

I made some changes on 6L+Aegis version of this guide. I suggest you check them out. If you want to face Guardians is better to get VR (explanation on guide), if so, I made some changes to pick Frenzy Charges with The Blood Dance Boots. But I understand that this changes means quite some regrets plus getting all together again your gear. So, imo, if you're comfortable enough with your current tree/gear, stay that way.

Truth is that I played all Guardians with no problems without VR, but after that I realized that all where bleed immune, so VR is way more efficient.
Gear lvl 52

I didn't level much this weekend, due to a lack of time.

Skilltree lvl 52

After using Voidheart now, I skilled dirty techniques for two reasons, frist one is the increased damage with DoTs and the second one, is the poison chance against bleeding enemies. This node will become more usefull with the 3rd ascendancy node (Gratuituos Violence) for the more frequent poisonings.

I did the lab with lvl 42, and you guessed it right, it was really easy. I'll try the cruel lab later today I think after I finished Cruel A4.

The plan for the next levels is getting more life, so next goal is the scion lifewheel (yes I still call it so)

Planned tree at the moment for level 91

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAQHcBIcFLQaLCiYM9xNME8kUIBRxFewX4RjbGj4g4yFgJJsm-CgqKaUuIy_MMHcxnjJONZI64TwtPfxAoEF0RrdHfk3jTjJQR1hjWf5fP1_aYSFi7GRSZU1lp2ebaGVs2G87cql07XTxdqx343gNeTl5aHrvfNl-4oIHg1-E2YTvivCLT4-Zkc6S95OZl3mmV6luqZWsr62Nrj6uULXytoq5Hbueu-29Nr54vqfAGsC_wQTBgsGjxBXEWMSCxPbGrsqQz37Tb9i92XzaweJh5FHpRuoY7w7yL_JB8kXz3fZI9zL3TfgC-Ov-Cv5r_o8=?accountName=eviL_Bison&characterName=BisonBlocks

I'll post in a separte post something about leveling.
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
"
I made some changes on 6L+Aegis version of this guide. I suggest you check them out. If you want to face Guardians is better to get VR (explanation on guide), if so, I made some changes to pick Frenzy Charges with The Blood Dance Boots. But I understand that this changes means quite some regrets plus getting all together again your gear. So, imo, if you're comfortable enough with your current tree/gear, stay that way.

Truth is that I played all Guardians with no problems without VR, but after that I realized that all where bleed immune, so VR is way more efficient.

I skilled Violent retaliation now and will decide if i use blood dance after i tried guardians.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional