[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

"
Majad escribió:
"
buttcommander escribió:
prolly a nub question

how do you deal with this Multistrike attack "locking" mechanic?
like im trying to dodge say a big incoming hit, but im locked to multistrike attack animation and cant move away. got me killed several times :(

Press your move button until you start moving or better, press your shield charge/whirling blades.

And when I say press, I mean actually press it until you move, not just clicking it once and hoping you got the timing right. Lol.

as far as i can tell, it doesnt stop. i spam the move only button, but it wont cancel multistrike. i still have to wait for the multistrike attack animation to finish. or am i doing something wrong?
"
eviL_Bison escribió:
Right now i'm leveling my char, using Cleave. I really like it with the MTX. LOL.

I will try the Voidheart thing soon, and with Vulnerbility on Blasphemy it'll do some serious damage I think, it also increases the bleeds too.

About the green slot for psn gem, I consider to drop added firedamage for poison, and for poison immune mobs I can switch to Culling strike. Or If I use Voidheart I can use the Added Chaos Gem. But this really needs a further testing.

Oh and one thing that bugs me about Static Strike, it converts 50% of the phys dmg to lightning, and without penetration... it doens't suck against resistant mobs?

edit:

I'm now thinking of a +1 curse Anvil... Dual Blasphemy cursesetup sounds also very interesting to me. I think I will have my fun this leage :D

Cleave works all the way and I really like it, truth is that is even better with that mtx...

I like the Added Chaos Support idea, but as you stated, further testing is needed.

About Static Strike and lightning penetration, with setup posted on guide, you have:
- Physical Damage: 14%
- Lightning Damage: 33%
- Fire Damage: 33%
- Cold Damage: 20%

As you can see, your lightning damage is not that high compared with all the rest. I tried lightning penetration some time ago (even using PtL) and imo it didn't work well. I guess loosing AFD is a lot of damage to loose. And what makes SS damage so high, is added explosions that makes single target damage a x1.6 really hard to achieve with any other skill.

Even people that play all the way using Cleave (including myself) found Static Strike the best against hardest bosses.

Double curse sounds interesting too, but I decided not to consider things like that on main build because first priority for me was to keep budget as low as I can.
"
buttcommander escribió:
as far as i can tell, it doesnt stop. i spam the move only button, but it wont cancel multistrike. i still have to wait for the multistrike attack animation to finish. or am i doing something wrong?

There's no way to cancel the animation but the only good way to stop it from "casting" the animation again, is by pressing the move button or any other skill.
fph ~ Orbs work in real life. I exchanged my ex for a lot of regrets.
"
Majad escribió:
"
pooplord_420 escribió:
how do you get through lab traps with this with no healing and little regen? sry complete newbie here

Are you talking about uber lab? If so, I have no issues with traps. Instant recovery flasks work wonders and I barely stop because of traps.

As Majad stated, traps are not an issue at all. For mobility you got Shield Charge or you can swap with Leap Slam if you prefer. Instant recovery life flasks helps you when needed, and that's it.
"
georgeabg escribió:
Thank you for for this great build guide. I just completed the 36 challenges and got that sweet portal effect.

I only got to 100K with all the buffs but still didn't had a lot of issues with most bosses.

Really glad to read that! Gratz on portal!

About damage, that 100K you said are from which skill? Please share your which skills you use during end game. Thx!
"
filevandrell escribió:
And what do you think about Abyssus + aegis +6l arm/es armor and death's door? I want to improve my tankiness without losing bigger amount of dps but still not convinced to aegis and I'd like to know your opinion about abyssus in this build. With changes on tree I'd get additional 90% defences from shield. Also I'm not sure if playing without blood rage and changing ascendace nodes for outmatch is good idea tho.

If you want to improve your tankiness, just don't ever consider Abyssus. If you're not convinced with Aegis, just don't go 6L, stay with BoR. As I stated before on previous answers, I recommend BoR version of the build, it takes me all the way to T15 and Guardians without any issue.

Abyssus will kill you, even against mobs. The "40-50% increased Physical Damage taken" is way too much to deal with and when you don't block, you will probably die, kinda random deaths all the time.

About Outmatch and Outlast ascendancy point, I explain on guide why I pick Violent Retaliation. Even playing with 6L+Aegis version, if you want to keep Frenzy Charges, you could use The Blood Dance Boots and stay with VR to deal with hardest bosses. Even if you're not interested on Guardians, pick Blood in Eyes instead of O&O.
"
ಥ_ಥ escribió:
Trying to figure out if a variation of this build would work with a Kintsugi, making it Evasion based instead of armor. Is it possible to effectively combine Leap Slam +Fortify with Kintsugi's 20% damage reduction if you haven't been hit recently. And the max Block/Spell Block. While still maintaining decent damage with a one hander.
Does Blocking count as "hit recently" or only if an attack goes through one's block?
If blocking doesn't count as "hit recently" so that the Kintsugi can keep up that 20% first hit damage reduction, than I'd perhaps keep Iron Reflexes so the Kintsugi's evasion is converted to armor.

Block count as hit, so Kintsugi modifier will be always evasion increase, not less damage. I suggest you reconsider this because getting RRRRRB in a full evasion chest will be plain impossible. Taking this into account, the rest is not important at all.
"
Majad escribió:
"
EpicFailXXL escribió:
I just finished uber lab first time lvl 81 with a bit of luck and <5% hp sometimes ^^
I can't decide what to take though. 'Blood in the Eyes' or 'Violent Retaliation'? I don't really plan on doing Guardians or Shaper with this build and just use it for bad corruptions or fun play. So I should rather go for 'Blood in the Eyes' right?
87.5% chance to cause Bleeding with one Multistrike and 60% increased damage.

Playing Soul Taker and Bringer of Rain version of the Build.

I still think Violent Retaliation is better since the stacks of damage you get when you block stack. The one from bosses I don't think it stacks but it gives 80% more damage and that's way more than Blood in the Eyes will ever give.

But if you aren't going to do guardians or other end game bosses, I guess it doesn't matter which you pick? Idk.

I put some considerations about Uber Izaro on previous answers (page 52). If you can, please share your opinions about that and if you consider that following those tips will avoid the issues you got against Izaro (I'm not entirely convinced to include those tips on main guide and want to be 100% sure about it).

Idk why you don't want to do Guardians with this build, but if you decided to do that, then you should choose between 80% inc. damage against bosses (plus additional block) or 40% inc. damage against everything (plus damage reduction).

My personal choice when not dealing with guardians will be Blood in the Eyes.
"
Majad escribió:
"
buttcommander escribió:
prolly a nub question

how do you deal with this Multistrike attack "locking" mechanic?
like im trying to dodge say a big incoming hit, but im locked to multistrike attack animation and cant move away. got me killed several times :(

Press your move button until you start moving or better, press your shield charge/whirling blades.

And when I say press, I mean actually press it until you move, not just clicking it once and hoping you got the timing right. Lol.

You just deal with it and get used to it :)

Imo, Multistrike is mandatory in almost any melee build (not always). Probably spamming clicks with mobility skill is what you need to do...

"
Bugnaz escribió:
I'm also starting to think about:

[Frequent] Cast When Stunned Support (when you block a stunning hit) + Enfeeble + Tempest Shield

[Not so frequent] Cast When Damage Taken + Immortal Call + Enduring Cry

(EDIT:) Enduring Cry won't cast through CWDT.

SirChickenOfNugget.

At level 91 with almost 5.5K life and high armour (keep in mind that I try to always have granite/jade flasks up) I don't see that CWS triggers so often. My general impression is that CWDT at level 1 triggers a lot more than CWS.

But there's some interesting things about CWS imo: you don't have limitations while levelling supported gems and could be an easy way to trigger spells against bosses because usually hits from hard bosses are "stunning hits".

Please share your thoughts after further testing. Thanks!

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional