[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

"
Majad escribió:

"
eviL_Bison escribió:
Oh and one thing that bugs me about Static Strike, it converts 50% of the phys dmg to lightning, and without penetration... it doens't suck against resistant mobs?

From experience, against packs, it won't be an issue. Against bosses, it might be if you don't have good damage but it's doable. It'll depend on your gear and the map's tier tbh.

Doable, yes. But is it efficient? But tbh the last time I played with Static Strike was in the Torment League if I remember correctly. So idk if its viable. I guess it, but I have my concerns.

About the jewels, woudln't be a hybrid Life/Damage/IAS Jewels benefit the most?
If not, can someone please prove this with screenshots or so? I'm now very curious about this.

█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
"
eviL_Bison escribió:
Doable, yes. But is it efficient? But tbh the last time I played with Static Strike was in the Torment League if I remember correctly. So idk if its viable. I guess it, but I have my concerns.

About the jewels, woudln't be a hybrid Life/Damage/IAS Jewels benefit the most?
If not, can someone please prove this with screenshots or so? I'm now very curious about this.

Going to speak through my gear and experience. It's not an issue, at all. It doesn't matter. I've also got cold dmg from Hatred and fire from HoA. I clear just as fast and it's barely noticeable, either t13s or t15s, unless it's double resistances which is pretty obvious what'd happen in that case...

My gear is fairly good (my profile is visible, you can check it) so that's probably why. Just with auras (HoA + Hatred), not taking into account random frenzy charges (I would never take this into account since it's very random during boss fights unless the boss has reliable add spawns, say Voll and maybe Izaro), Ancestral Protector (+19% AS), Atziri's Promise (I might run two of these if it's a chaos damage dealing boss like fucking Berrot. Fuck you, Berrot) and my 3x Vaal Haste (2 at lvl 20 and 1 at lvl 19), my Static Strike has 85.589 damage. Keep in notion that there's an after explosion that deals less 40% damage of the initial strike. It's tons of damage.

I've tried putting pure phys + life, hybrid phys and AS + life and pure AS + life. AS + life gives me the most damage.

I discovered this when I was Varunastra, Aegis and 6L build and it was fairly easy to experiment and see if that was the case since Varunastra counts as an all one handed melee weapon so jewels weren't an issue but now that I'm trying BoR + Soul Taker I can't give proper evidence because I don't have pure phys jewels + life and hybrid phys and as + life for axes.

But if you have jewels with one mod each, AS and phys, and change between them and look at the tooltip, you should see what happens. For me, pure AS gives the most damage and I don't see why this would be any different for anyone else using Varunastra, Aegis and a 6L. I have no idea if this really applies to BoR and Soul Taker but if I find myself with hybrid and pure phys jewels, I'll test it and put it here.
fph ~ Orbs work in real life. I exchanged my ex for a lot of regrets.
Editado por útlima vez por Majad en 6 oct. 2016 9:37:09
Thanks for the replies regarding Command of Steel - despite the title, and many posts talking about it I didn't actually realise Block was capped at 78% ~ I do now :)

I was looking into Unwavering Stance regarding your reply about this build never really getting stunned and I realised that it does suffer from stunning hits ~ they just don't Stun you. So that led me to thinking about Cast when Stunned Support which Casts supported Spells when you are Stunned, or Block a Stunning hit (the blocking a stunning hit happens a lot).

So I'm experimenting with Cast When Stunned Support + Immortal Call + Enfeeble + Tempest Shield.

I've been wondering if anyone else uses this, or if I've missed anything anywhere regarding if this works or how well this works, as I'm not seeing Tempest Shield proc much...

I'm also wondering how well it would work using Cast When Stunned Support + Enduring Cry (gain Endurance charges) + Immortal Call (spend Endurance charges).

SirChickenOfNugget,
Thanks.
Editado por útlima vez por Bugnaz en 6 oct. 2016 12:35:00
I'm also starting to think about:

[Frequent] Cast When Stunned Support (when you block a stunning hit) + Enfeeble + Tempest Shield

[Not so frequent] Cast When Damage Taken + Immortal Call + Enduring Cry

(EDIT:) Enduring Cry won't cast through CWDT.

SirChickenOfNugget.
Editado por útlima vez por Bugnaz en 7 oct. 2016 11:36:43
how do you get through lab traps with this with no healing and little regen? sry complete newbie here
Thank you for for this great build guide. I just completed the 36 challenges and got that sweet portal effect.

I only got to 100K with all the buffs but still didn't had a lot of issues with most bosses.

Anyway here is my gear
Spoiler

"
pooplord_420 escribió:
how do you get through lab traps with this with no healing and little regen? sry complete newbie here

Are you talking about uber lab? If so, I have no issues with traps. Instant recovery flasks work wonders and I barely stop because of traps.
And what do you think about Abyssus + aegis +6l arm/es armor and death's door? I want to improve my tankiness without losing bigger amount of dps but still not convinced to aegis and I'd like to know your opinion about abyssus in this build. With changes on tree I'd get additional 90% defences from shield. Also I'm not sure if playing without blood rage and changing ascendace nodes for outmatch is good idea tho.
My actual gear:

Editado por útlima vez por filevandrell en 6 oct. 2016 15:50:46
"
filevandrell escribió:
Also I'm not sure if playing without blood rage and changing ascendace nodes for outmatch is good idea tho.

You mean not putting points in Outmach and Outlast? If so, there's not really much point because you want damage for bosses and Violent Retaliation is better for that, not to mention it gives you 2% block chance meaning you can stop using jewels with % block chance.
Editado por útlima vez por Majad en 6 oct. 2016 17:37:20
"
Majad escribió:
"
filevandrell escribió:
Also I'm not sure if playing without blood rage and changing ascendace nodes for outmatch is good idea tho.

You mean not putting points in Outmach and Outlast? If so, there's not really much point because you want damage for bosses and Violent Retaliation is better for that, not to mention it gives you 2% block chance meaning you can stop using jewels with % block chance.

I'm not using them anyway, it's 78% for block without them. I just dunno if I really need frenzy charges or can I ignore them. Also I'm not sure about dmg incoming with abyssus.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional