[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

I vaaled my legacy Bringer of Rain and ended up with RRRG. The two recommended attack gem setup are RRRR or RRRB. What is the best RRRG combination? Faster attacks help but seems to be a little redundant with Multistrike.
"
kingkactuar escribió:
I vaaled my legacy Bringer of Rain and ended up with RRRG. The two recommended attack gem setup are RRRR or RRRB. What is the best RRRG combination? Faster attacks help but seems to be a little redundant with Multistrike.

Level 8 Vorici can craft different colored sockets on corrupted items.
"
Darksagex escribió:
Has someone tried this build in 2.6 with Varunastra?

I'd like to try an HC version with Varunastra as the main weapon and Lionseye as the shield:

Spoiler
http://poeplanner.com/AAcAAO8kMwB1AO4EhwUtCEkM9xNMFCAUcRUgFewX4Rm0Gj4hNCFgJvgoKimlKk0s6S2DL8wwdzJONZI64Ts7PC0_J0CgQT9Enka3R35KyE3jTjJQR1HmU7tW6Fn-Xz9i7GRSZU1nm2hlbqpyqXTtdPF2K3asd1N5OXrvfNl-4oCKggeDX4PMhNmE74azivCLT4-Zl3mexaZXqZWsr64-sKuy3LQvtfK2irc-uR29Nr6nwL_BgsGjxILE9sauz37Tb9i92Xzawd0N4JXiYeRR6hjvDvJF8933MvdN-Ov-Cv6P8i-PYPJBBosKJiDjX9ps2L54AAAAAAA=

I took Diamond Skin to help with the resistance issues that we have.

My links would be:

3L:

Ancestral Warchief : Arctic Armour : Hatred
Whirling Blades : Fortify : Blood Magic

4L:

WED : Multistrike : Added Fire : Static Strike
CWDT : Blood Rage : Enfeeble : Tempest Shield
Enduring Cry : Stone Golem : Culling Strike : Reckoning

Any tips are appreciated :>

i'm using Varunastra and Lionseye as well on LSC. did you consider increased AOE on static strike? or did you consider Reave in place of Static Strike?

here's my current setup, any advice?

Spoiler
read through quite a few pages of this mega thread, have some questions.

swapping lion's eye remorse shield for The Surrender:
lionseye gives endurance charge on block (20%), with my current block chance (66%) i stay at 5 endurance charges on big mob packs (with CWDT + tempest shield)
if i'd swap to The Surrender and put the following gems on it [Culling Strike] + [Curse on Hit] + [Warlod's Mark] or [Temporal Chains], how is the endurance charge generation?

my issue between the 2 shields is survivability via endurance charge generation and sustaining. hope someone can shed a light on this.

Using The Red Nightmare jewel:
is this mandatory? i understand that it's insane for block chance and and endurance charge generation, but it's so expensive (lowest at 400c now)

is this a "change nothing or change both" kind of scenario? (BOTH gear and passive tree
Spoiler
as in, if i were to get The Surrender WITHOUT the Red Nightmare, it seems that i'll be unable to consistently keep up with endurance charge generation

if i were to get the Red Nightmare WITHOUT The Surrender, it seems that i'll be investing too much into endurance charge generation.

also, it seems that with the Red Nightmare, it'll be good to get the Diamond Skin node

lioneyes remorse gives 5% block chance. Surrender gives 6% block chance.

there's just so many ways to build this that it's overwhelming.

also, how do you guys deal with the Int requirement from the green gems? i took a +30 Int node to level up my arctic armour and hatred. is it required?

i should add that i'm not using soul taker,but instead opted for Varunstra.
how's the dps difference between this two? i have both weapons but i opted for Varunstra as i'd thought it'll give me a higher dps boost with all the one-handed weapon nodes

sorry for wall of text but i'm having so much fun with this char even at Level 72 that i'm considering stripping my main char (L91 EQ slayer with disfavour axe and cospri chest) to fund this fella.
Just out of curiosity, has anyone play tested Double Strike with this build? ATM I'm running it on my lvl 65 with this build and it seems to be going well, might have to drop WED for splash though once I get the BoR. Any thoughts?
"
CliffAhead escribió:
ri'm considering stripping my main char (L91 EQ slayer with disfavour axe and cospri chest) to fund this fella.

Erm, I wouldnt do that IMO. It's fun and everything but only from a haha, I can't die except to one shots kinda way. The DPS is...meh. Clears trash fast though.
"
CliffAhead escribió:

I am not sure I follow, what do you mean with The Surrender generating less endurance charges than Lionseye?

They are both listed as 30% chance to block, so it shouldn't affect the chance to gain an endurance charge, or am I mistaken?

The only main advantage of Lionseye is price and HP, whereas The Surrender is more pricy, but more armor on block, life on block, and a free Reckoning.

It shouldn't make a difference on the % chance for endurance charge generation, or am I mistaken?

I also wouldn't strip a 91 EQ slayer, the build is relatively cheap in SC :)

As for me, I dropped the idea for Varunastra in favor of Soul Taker due to survivability. I'd imagine you have more DPS with Varunastra, but it costs a ton of skill points (which I would rather invest in HP). HoA sort of makes up for the damage loss. Also not worrying about Mana Leech is nice :)

Can you explain what you mean by The Surrender being worse for Endurance Charges?
Character limit of 300 characters exceeded
Content can not exceed 5 lines in length
"
Darksagex escribió:
"
CliffAhead escribió:

I am not sure I follow, what do you mean with The Surrender generating less endurance charges than Lionseye?

They are both listed as 30% chance to block, so it shouldn't affect the chance to gain an endurance charge, or am I mistaken?

The only main advantage of Lionseye is price and HP, whereas The Surrender is more pricy, but more armor on block, life on block, and a free Reckoning.

It shouldn't make a difference on the % chance for endurance charge generation, or am I mistaken?

I also wouldn't strip a 91 EQ slayer, the build is relatively cheap in SC :)

As for me, I dropped the idea for Varunastra in favor of Soul Taker due to survivability. I'd imagine you have more DPS with Varunastra, but it costs a ton of skill points (which I would rather invest in HP). HoA sort of makes up for the damage loss. Also not worrying about Mana Leech is nice :)

Can you explain what you mean by The Surrender being worse for Endurance Charges?

sorry i derped hard, thought lioneye's had "chance to gain endurance charge on block".

so the surrender offers less life but more armour/life on block, and Level 30 reckoning.
it's a difference of 100 max life on perfect rolls.

Which is a more consistent way of proccing warlord's mark + curse on hit?
1. CWDT + tempest shield + CoH + warlord's mark on non-shield
2. CoH + warlord's mark + culling strike on shield?

i like the idea of soul taker as well, but part of me insists on using vaunstra simply because i bought it for 1.5ex, while the soul taker costed me 30c =/ dumb, i know.

have you tried Blade Flurry? it seems like it'll do well with this build as well.

edit: varunstra vs soul taker for survivability. how do you boost the dps with soul taker?
the way i'm understanding the skill tree, it seems to be damage capped. how then, do you push higher tier content?
not including getting a legacy version of cos.
Editado por útlima vez por CliffAhead en 28 abr. 2017 5:00:23
"
CliffAhead escribió:

sorry i derped hard, thought lioneye's had "chance to gain endurance charge on block".

so the surrender offers less life but more armour/life on block, and Level 30 reckoning.
it's a difference of 100 max life on perfect rolls.

Which is a more consistent way of proccing warlord's mark + curse on hit?
1. CWDT + tempest shield + CoH + warlord's mark on non-shield
2. CoH + warlord's mark + culling strike on shield?

i like the idea of soul taker as well, but part of me insists on using vaunstra simply because i bought it for 1.5ex, while the soul taker costed me 30c =/ dumb, i know.

have you tried Blade Flurry? it seems like it'll do well with this build as well.

edit: varunstra vs soul taker for survivability. how do you boost the dps with soul taker?
the way i'm understanding the skill tree, it seems to be damage capped. how then, do you push higher tier content?
not including getting a legacy version of cos.

Bringer of Rain gives you a 20% chance to gain an endurance charge on block ;)

Unfortunately I'm not high enough of a level to actually use all of the items yet :>

Using Soul Taker lets you use Herald of Ash, which helps compensate the damage, as well as not relying on mana leech which you could spec into damage or life.

Varunastra takes more damage nodes and would probably deal more DPS.

If you're using Varnuastra, just spam Enduring Cry. You already get a 20% chance to gain on block, so using Enduring Cry every now and then will keep the charges refreshed. This will let you use Enfeeble as your curse (for more tankiness).
Editado por útlima vez por Darksagex en 28 abr. 2017 5:56:45
I might be slightly mistaken about damage, but someone else on page 157 wrote this:

"
You can play with Varunastra!
Pros:
- You can use Earthquake, Whirling Blades and Leap Slam with the same Weapon
- You can a nice possibility of alocating your skillpoints.(All one handed weapontypes possible)
- Cheap
- You COULD use Bladeflurry with it.

Cons:
- Less damage then Soultaker
- Needs Manaleech
- Missing 1 Aura
- Much slower attacks(=less Movement with Movement skill)
-

I recommend to use a one handed axe while leveling, buy one with 300 dps on lvl 65 then save your money for soultaker.

Why i use Soultaker:
1. Chill: Your attacks chills the enemys and wont get too fast too close. With sunder i got a great ranged tool.
2. Mana: I can run Herald of Ash, Hatred AND Arctic Armour. I dont care about Mana/Regen mods. It looks awesome with fully reserved Mana :D"

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional