[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

First of all thanks for sharing the build, I have had a lot of fun lately with the Gladiator and was lucky with some drops in the past two days.

I am wondering if The Surrender is a big upgrade for the build and if I should buy it or focus on getting better gloves/boots/jewels. It is kinda expensive but after the drops I could afford it now and am tempted to use it right away on the shield upgrade.
Any recommendations?
"
versi2k13 escribió:
First of all thanks for sharing the build, I have had a lot of fun lately with the Gladiator and was lucky with some drops in the past two days.

I am wondering if The Surrender is a big upgrade for the build and if I should buy it or focus on getting better gloves/boots/jewels. It is kinda expensive but after the drops I could afford it now and am tempted to use it right away on the shield upgrade.
Any recommendations?

I would say go for it. You get 250 life back per block add that with life hit + anvil that's close to 350 life per block. Fought xoph with adds and my Life orb go from 25% back to 100% reall fucking quick.

The Surrender is 20+ exalts in Standard!!

In Breach it is only 40+ Chaos. Unfortunately, I'm in Standard. My Breach guy is too poor to afford it. :(
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
"
vbvan escribió:
GGG says:

"significant buffs to one-handed melee weapons (in upcoming releases)"

:-)
Cool! Where is this from? I found it in NEWS
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
Editado por útlima vez por ChanBalam en 10 ene. 2017 18:11:15
I tried this build in Essence League and it has been my most successful character so far.
This league most of my characters where underwhelming, so i am coming back to this build.
However I´m trying it with a little spin this time. I am planning on using The Perfect Form for the Free AA and Phase Acrobatics.(It will be hard to get the right colors on it though)
Also I will use Atziris Step to Get my Spell Dodge Up to 45 %. For Auras i am not sure yet.
Im thinking about Blasphemy Enfeeble and Grace. Because of this, I am not using Iron Reflexes.
I am also Going to spec into 2 of the Endurance Charge Nodes , because I am planning on takingon Uber Izaro with this build. I am going to have 6 Endurance charges.The last change that I am planning to make, is to use both Enduring Cry for charge generation in a setup with Abyssal Cry to get a surefire way for Mobs to explode on kill. I don´t want to be dependant on the bleed RNG.
I read somewhere on Reddit, that the explosions from Gratuitious Violence and Abyssal Cry can trigger at the same time and that the damage stacks. After this idea crossed my mind I tried to find evidence for this, but couldn´t find anything real except said claims. Well soon i will know because I am going to start playing this build and hopefully complete the 36 challenges with it.
"
I tried this build in Essence League and it has been my most successful character so far.
This league most of my characters where underwhelming, so i am coming back to this build.
However I´m trying it with a little spin this time. I am planning on using The Perfect Form for the Free AA and Phase Acrobatics.(It will be hard to get the right colors on it though)
Also I will use Atziris Step to Get my Spell Dodge Up to 45 %. For Auras i am not sure yet.
Im thinking about Blasphemy Enfeeble and Grace. Because of this, I am not using Iron Reflexes.
I am also Going to spec into 2 of the Endurance Charge Nodes , because I am planning on takingon Uber Izaro with this build. I am going to have 6 Endurance charges.The last change that I am planning to make, is to use both Enduring Cry for charge generation in a setup with Abyssal Cry to get a surefire way for Mobs to explode on kill. I don´t want to be dependant on the bleed RNG.
I read somewhere on Reddit, that the explosions from Gratuitious Violence and Abyssal Cry can trigger at the same time and that the damage stacks. After this idea crossed my mind I tried to find evidence for this, but couldn´t find anything real except said claims. Well soon i will know because I am going to start playing this build and hopefully complete the 36 challenges with it.

Im working on that atm in Breach, with no mana reserve on AA I can squeeze in HoL and use a rare helm. 5r 1g is gonna be a bitch to get, if all else fail i'll just use either Carcass or Belly.
I'm following the build so far and have a lot of fun/ success. Very beginner friendly.
I have some stupid question: which is better if I use gemcutter on a skill gem at lvl 1 and lvl that skill gem up or I just normally use/ leveling a skill gem then use gemcutter along the way? Is the bonus any different?
"
sinub801 escribió:
I'm following the build so far and have a lot of fun/ success. Very beginner friendly.
I have some stupid question: which is better if I use gemcutter on a skill gem at lvl 1 and lvl that skill gem up or I just normally use/ leveling a skill gem then use gemcutter along the way? Is the bonus any different?

The whole thingy is complicated a bit. I would recommend you to check POE wikki for some basic stuff, or watch a video.

Now as for your question, Gemcuter is a quality increasing currency that will increase quality of a gem by 1. It will not increase its level and for every 1% quality different things happen depending on a gem. So an attack skill might have 0.5% more damage and aura can have 1% bigger radius - again you should read the wiki of the skill.

Now bad news, 1% quality at your level of progress wont make any difference. My advice is save all your gemcuters and level skill gems to level 20. Make sure to level second set of your important skills in your offhand weapons that you do not normally use (gems level in them , press X in game to switch)

Now when you level a gem to level 20 you can do 2 things with it, first if it is not a 20% quality and you have a backup gem leveled like I told you - you can trade level 20 gem with 1 gemcutter to vendor and you will get 20% quality gem but LEVEL 1. That's why you will use backup and level 20% quality in the extra slot. Second thing you can do when you have level 20 gem and it has 20% you can VAAL orb it. This can result in many good and bad things, but what you might get is get + levels or +quality on the gem, that will push it above 20/20 limit. Worth only doing on 20level/20% quality gems.

Generally game operates around many mechanics that you might not be aware of. I can't recommend good video guide but you could start by googling for guides on :
POE vendor recipices
POE basics
POE trading

Feel free to PM me for more help. You picked the right build to start with mate. Good luck.
Editado por útlima vez por Sirrianna en 10 ene. 2017 22:57:10
"
saltyvu escribió:
"

Im working on that atm in Breach, with no mana reserve on AA I can squeeze in HoL and use a rare helm. 5r 1g is gonna be a bitch to get, if all else fail i'll just use either Carcass or Belly.

I think i will be going for Lacerate. It has the same tags as Cleave and should be scaled the same way.
The good thing is, that it´s a green gem which is good for TPF. Also i feel like the AOE is a huge QoL improvement compared to Cleave. What would you support Lacerate with ?
"
Lynerus escribió:
"
yoKiDD escribió:
"
Sirrianna escribió:
I have dropped some life in scion area and moved up to Templar up till retribution, life stays the same but got some int and melee/atack speed, check that out.

Sounds good, I'll try that as well.

By the way, if you put your auras into your shield and your vaal haste setup into your boots, your totem will also profit from that increased duration.

Being at 5.3k doesnt really feel safe as it is losing the scion wheel would lower it even more below 5k most likely

Going temp area means you need 1 more passive point And you lose 5% life and the top melee node if you do that the only thing you really gain is 2% dps and 5% attack speed

If you really wanted to get more dps but lose 25% life there are some other low dps% node linked by for 4 points you could gain 36% dps and 4% attack speed with only 4 points but you lose 12% dps and 15% life from the scion wheel

You can add another 8% dps for 1 point in the leech wheel area and 8% leech rate

Or you could go to one of the jew nodes for 3 points and gain stats from jew + 16% armor

I did the poe simulations and the trees end up quite similiar the diference is that 1 more point I put into Retribution that gives me 3k dps more. Not sure about it all, I probably will drop around 10% block in tree for more dps. Have downed 1 guardian so far, can't really handle uber atziri guardians without bleed protection, not sure if I'll down shaper on this.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional