Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

ye but the thing is monsters can have up to 150 even heard 225% resists so in that case elementa weakness is useless.
"
Daarknight escribió:
"
royvisser1990 escribió:
I noticed that Elemental Weakness doesnt do a thing on most boss's cause of there insane amount of resists. Do you guys use Projectile Weakness on boss's?

Projectile weakness adds pierce (ST already does that), Lowers enemy evasion (we usually use RT so no help), adds knockback (no big deal) and increases damage by about 35%.

Elemental weakness lowers resist by about 50%.

Let's say 2K damage per hit nearly all elemental.
Boss resist - 75% all (making this up)

2K becomes 500 + 35% (projectile weakness) = 675 damage

2K with elemental weakness dropping resist to 25% becomes 1,500 damage.

The higher the mobs resists, the more effective Elemental Weakness is especially when compared to projectile weakness.

I don't think these calculations are accurate, I think its an order of operations issue
"
royvisser1990 escribió:
ye but the thing is monsters can have up to 150 even heard 225% resists so in that case elementa weakness is useless.

Interesting. If true then you are correct.

Edit, I with aura's and mods you are correct. They can definitely exceed 75% by a lot.
Editado por útlima vez por Daarknight en 20 mar. 2014 14:08:56
"
Daarknight escribió:
"
royvisser1990 escribió:

Interesting. If true then you are correct.

Edit, I with aura's and mods you are correct. They can definitely exceed 75% by a lot.

Well, they can and they can't. They are capped at 75% else they'd be immune to elemental damage at 100%.
However, they can have over 100% meaning that even though you curse them if they have 125% or greater then they still have 75% resistance to your attacks.

It's an interesting question. Projectile Weakness is More projectile damage so it's multiplicative to the damage dealt which then must be multiplied by the resistance of the enemy. No passive on the tree has 'more' proj damage they are all increased.

Using proj weak at 34% and EW at 50%

For a 75% resistant enemy you have
curse with EW 2000 * (1-0.25) = 1500
curse with PW 2000 * 1.34 * (1-.75) = 670

IF they have 125% or greater resist then
curse with EW 2000 * (1-0.75) = 500

IF they have 116% resist then
curse with EW 2000 * (1-0.66) = 680

So, for monsters with >116% resists total proj weakness is better.... by a little.

EDIT: fixed the math
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Editado por útlima vez por Madcow1120 en 20 mar. 2014 15:20:21
I didn't read everything... So pls don't rage if its already asked, I'm sure it is.

Are only 3 ele dmg nods really enough?
My IGN is TheFatality.
"
Annihilat0r escribió:
I didn't read everything... So pls don't rage if its already asked, I'm sure it is.

Are only 3 ele dmg nods really enough?

Not a question that's asked really but basically, the DPS here is obtained by min-maxing Aura Buffs - Anger and Wrath to gain DPS, all efficient ele DPS is already taken (Shadow Start and Templar Start). Anything else would be a waste of points.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
If I do make this as my first invasion character (my other 3 ripped and I lost everything thats valuable^^) is this possible? Like I apparently can´t afford an alphas howl etc...

And shadow is the best class for it right? or ranger?
"
korzasa escribió:
If I do make this as my first invasion character (my other 3 ripped and I lost everything thats valuable^^) is this possible? Like I apparently can´t afford an alphas howl etc...

If you wanna tweak for Invasion go Ranger, best option :)
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
korzasa escribió:

Alpha's is very important
"
RaiseTheSteaks escribió:

332 with 27%

Closest I got ... averaged 313, 320s were rarer, 332 is highest. This is approximately 120 divines.

It was about 60/40 on 26/27 IAS.

Since crit multiplier is useless on RT build...you should vaal orb it and go for culling strike implicit... ;)

edit: and yes, pretty sure you wont be able to mirror it then.
Editado por útlima vez por Nailinyurcoffin en 20 mar. 2014 19:46:28

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional