Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

Hey,
i got a question about the build and hope someone can helpe me :

Wouldnt "Static Blows" be awesome for this guide since you attack so fast and then you get a chance to apply shock stacks on target?

because shock stats are usualy only applied when you crit ,right!?
and since you cant crit because of RT this talent would push the dmg insane

IGN Testototte
"
Scion = 5% more attack speed, 16% less Projectile Damage. Ranger is better no doubt but the difference is maybe a few 100 dps. Nothing build breaking.

how much dps is 5% aps and how much is 16% proj. Is it weapon specific? Can we assume a sword with aps 2.0 ?
"
Arcev escribió:
Hey,

Wouldnt "Static Blows" be awesome for this guide since you attack so fast and then you get a chance to apply shock stacks on target?

Tried static blows on my buzzsaw when I got the free talent respec... ended up regretting out of it because shock stacks almost never got applied. The individual hits don't do enough damage to make a shock stack that lasts very long/ever gets applied.

That 20% shock chance is a chance to be ABLE to shock, and there's a time threshold that a shock duration has to exceed to actually be applied to a monster. So, if the hits don't do enough lightning damage to generate a long enough shock effect, they won't even get applied.

Also, on the off chance that you could get enough lightning damage to make static blows work, you'd end up killing yourself to reflect, guaranteed.
"
Morael escribió:
"
Arcev escribió:
Hey,

Tried static blows on my buzzsaw when I got the free talent respec... ended up regretting out of it because shock stacks almost never got applied. The individual hits don't do enough damage to make a shock stack that lasts very long/ever gets applied.

That 20% shock chance is a chance to be ABLE to shock, and there's a time threshold that a shock duration has to exceed to actually be applied to a monster. So, if the hits don't do enough lightning damage to generate a long enough shock effect, they won't even get applied.

Also, on the off chance that you could get enough lightning damage to make static blows work, you'd end up killing yourself to reflect, guaranteed.

What people don't realise is that crit builds can shock effectively because they have 500% crit multi, even with Static Blows the shock is going to be meagre and ineffective.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
WTB a nice sword for this spec...payin 1ex
Editado por útlima vez por Stef_ en 18 mar. 2014 16:06:22
How necessary is Alpha's Howl for this build? Is the 8% absolutely critical to be able to run 5 auras? I know the OP said it's a cheap build, maybe 5-10ex is "cheap" compared to others... but he also said you only need 3 auras to run anger/wrath/hatred and the others are bonus. I'm guessing those "bonus" ones are key for survival, though.

So maybe Alpha's is only necessary endgame when it might actually be affordable, as opposed to early game when the totally crazy builds require their expensive uniques?
Editado por útlima vez por aManFromReno en 18 mar. 2014 16:17:36
"
aManFromReno escribió:
How necessary is Alpha's Howl for this build? Is the 8% absolutely critical to be able to run 5 auras? I know the OP said it's a cheap build, maybe 5-10ex is "cheap" compared to others... but he also said you only need 3 auras to run anger/wrath/hatred and the others are bonus. I'm guessing those "bonus" ones are key for survival, though.

So maybe Alpha's is only necessary endgame when it might actually be affordable, as opposed to early game when the totally crazy builds require their expensive uniques?

Yep, Alpha's is only required to run 5 Auras - the 2 extra Purities namely... even without it you can run one of the two purities.

It helps with reflect and by the time reflect actually becomes a problem with this build (when you accumulate that much damage) you should have more than enough for an Alpha's just because of the time you've played to get the build to that stage.
I am level 68 and my dps is really starting to shine.

Q, why not take the 3 8% weapon elemental damage nodes at the bottom right of the skill plan?
They seem like a quick 24% elemental damage boost. Maybe my skill plan is out of date?

Also at what level do my gems have to be to run 5 auras?
"
Ruid66 escribió:
I am level 68 and my dps is really starting to shine.

Q, why not take the 3 8% weapon elemental damage nodes at the bottom right of the skill plan?
They seem like a quick 24% elemental damage boost. Maybe my skill plan is out of date?

Also at what level do my gems have to be to run 5 auras?

You need Alpha's to run 5. 24% additive won't do much believe me... there are far more productive points to take.
I need to update a few things here and there in relation to passive trees but I have to leave right now and won't be home for potentially 12 hours. Hopefully I have the strength to do it later.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional