Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M7uZmN7Qqs&feature=youtu.be

Made another 2nd bosses video and now uploaded it. Answers some of the questions I frequently get about em.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
"
TheBigNasty escribió:
"
renroval escribió:
It's so hard to cap/overcap lightning resist with lightning coil though. I figured a Tabula Rasa would be better with more DPS which means faster clears?

Hmm...

That's what purity of lighting is for.

Merciless -60
Coil -60
Goal 84 + 44 overcap

You need 248 light resist from purity plus gear excluding helm and chest. Very difficult indeed.

"
Daarknight escribió:
"
TheBigNasty escribió:
"
renroval escribió:
It's so hard to cap/overcap lightning resist with lightning coil though. I figured a Tabula Rasa would be better with more DPS which means faster clears?

Hmm...

That's what purity of lighting is for.

Merciless -60
Coil -60
Goal 84 + 44 overcap

You need 248 light resist from purity plus gear excluding helm and chest. Very difficult indeed.

20 Purity of Lighting with all the nodes and alpha should give 79 alone. That's 1/3 of your needed resist just from an aura.
Something to note, I did put in CWDT, enduring cry and immortal call for the 2nd boss just now because I feel it's going to be necessary for the uber version. It's working out ok I believe but in my opinion isn't necessary anywhere else in the game.

Use at your own discretion.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
"
TheBigNasty escribió:

20 Purity of Lighting with all the nodes and alpha should give 79 alone. That's 1/3 of your needed resist just from an aura.

Sounds about right, leaving only 169 from boots, gloves, belt, 2 rings and an amulet. Now you still need to overcap fire, cap cold, get life on all pieces, move speed on boots, attack speed on gloves, WED on belt and all 3 jewelry pieces. Pretty much forced to get tri resist / high life on all slots which will cost a fortune. This would be far easier with resists from the chest slot and no -60 to light. I have very expensive gear and I am still not over capped on fire using both purity of light and fire with a mirrored tri resist chest.

Once again, very difficult to overcap resists with Lightning coil.
Wondering if you guys might help me out with where I should look to upgrade next.

Current stats (running purity of lightning, cant run another purety yet)

Lvl 63:
3.4k HP
3700dps
60fire
69 cold
72 lightning (will max as purity levels up)

Here is my current gear:

Should I just start saving towards alpha howl? Do I have any items that could be "cheaply" replaced? Also, with a 5L Would I be better off running increased attack speed instead of weapon elemental damage right now? Should I be running life leech instead of life gain on hit?
Editado por útlima vez por Damarak en 17 mar. 2014 22:31:38
"
Daarknight escribió:
"
TheBigNasty escribió:

Sounds about right, leaving only 169 from boots, gloves, belt, 2 rings and an amulet. Now you still need to overcap fire, cap cold, get life on all pieces, move speed on boots, attack speed on gloves, WED on belt and all 3 jewelry pieces. Pretty much forced to get tri resist / high life on all slots which will cost a fortune. This would be far easier with resists from the chest slot and no -60 to light. I have very expensive gear and I am still not over capped on fire using both purity of light and fire with a mirrored tri resist chest.

Once again, very difficult to overcap resists with Lightning coil.

You're being purposely obstinate and misleading people. Expensive does not mean it is itemized well.

First, alpha's gives you cold resist. If you follow the build exactly as listed, you're also running purity of fire, so a lvl 20 version of that is 75 resist. Next, you forgot to include shield.

So you need 471 total resists, with 30 or so coming from alpha, and 154 coming from your auras. That leaves 291 to go spread across 2 rings, amulet, shield, belt, gloves. That's 6 pieces that need an average of 48.5 total resists on each. That's a bit more then a single t1 resist on every piece, with an all resist thrown in- the easiest way is the implicit on a prismatic. A prismatic ring alone gives ~30-36 total resists, and that can still roll 3 t1 resist rolls for 150 total resists from a single item.

And if all that isn't enough, you can spend 3 passive points and get 60 total resists.

On most pieces, you're looking for 3 of 6 mods, which is very easy and cheap to do.
Editado por útlima vez por TheBigNasty en 17 mar. 2014 21:04:05
I get 617 total resists.

180 to offset merciless
60 offsets lightning coil
84 light
84 fire
77 cold
44 x 3 overcap

I like to get some chaos personally.

I did forget the shield

3 resist belt with WED, and 70 - 120 life. Not cheap.
Boots with tri resist, move speed and high life.
Rings and amulets - prismatic with other resist rolls, high life and WED.
Gloves with tri resist, high life and attack speed.

None of this is cheap. There should be no arguing the fact that using a rare chest would increase the itemization choices and make it much easier / less expensive to overcap resists. I am not attempting to mislead anyone. Nobody said it was impossible, just difficult to which you made the sarcastic remark "that's what purity of lightning is for".

i just have one question. How do you deal with reflect and lightning thorns without vaal pact? I know you have evasion but youre attacking so many times a second that you are still gonna get hit by those things a decent amount right?
I was still wondering if people feel that all weapon / attack gem possibilities have been fully exhausted to ensure that spectral throw is the best delivery system for this build's elemental dmg.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional