Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

"
Madcow1120 escribió:
"
Since this build uses evasion to tank, how do you survive being one-shotted by hard-hitting mobs? I have over 2k health and just got one-shotted by a rare mob in Merciless Library. Evasion doesn't help if it only takes one hit to be killed. There are also many other mobs I have to obnoxiously kite because if I get hit once I can die in one hit.

You want life on gear to increase your health pool for when hits do get through.

Also, you want to try not to get hit as much as possible. It's not a 'tanking' build. The gear (evasion) does some of the work and you kite around to do the rest. If your evasion is low instead of running haste run grace for a while.

So then is build not recommended for people with slow computers? My problem is my game freezes for up to several seconds at a time especially when opening strongboxes and I die every time. Is this build not for me?

UPDATE: just died three times in a row on merciless docks. Each time was because my computer hiccuped when a lot of mobs swarmed me and when it recovered I was dead. There's nothing I can do.
"
"
Madcow1120 escribió:
"
Since this build uses evasion to tank, how do you survive being one-shotted by hard-hitting mobs? I have over 2k health and just got one-shotted by a rare mob in Merciless Library. Evasion doesn't help if it only takes one hit to be killed. There are also many other mobs I have to obnoxiously kite because if I get hit once I can die in one hit.

You want life on gear to increase your health pool for when hits do get through.

Also, you want to try not to get hit as much as possible. It's not a 'tanking' build. The gear (evasion) does some of the work and you kite around to do the rest. If your evasion is low instead of running haste run grace for a while.

So then is build not recommended for people with slow computers? My problem is my game freezes for up to several seconds at a time especially when opening strongboxes and I die every time. Is this build not for me?

UPDATE: just died three times in a row on merciless docks. Each time was because my computer hiccuped when a lot of mobs swarmed me and when it recovered I was dead. There's nothing I can do.

If it freezes all the time without reason you will have a really hard time in my opinion. What I do when it freezes I just spam whirling blades into the opposite direction hoping for the best, and it works most of the time. Concerning strongboxes and you dying all the time dont open them unless it something along the lines of a godlike gemcutters box since you lose 10% every time dude.
hey

i'm lvl 55 in A1 merci(invasion). my damage starts to feel pretty bad(ST dps is 597. i can only run wrath+anger atm for auras). any suggestions?

gear
Spoiler

build
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAEZYR2xmKHNwdqh4aI_YkPCaVJ6ko-ipbLYMvbzN2PI5GcUlRSn1MsVM1VUtVxlb6V8laSFptZ6BtbG17b55wu311f8aDCYd2j0aSOJMnlwabtacIp1y0DLVIuJO748M6xKLKSsuCzkjPZdDQ0hnTftbR2RPhiOq66-7uDu967_D8xf66_5M=

it's because my weapon is just shit or something in the build?
Editado por útlima vez por Davidus en 14 mar. 2014 15:46:28
"
Davidus escribió:
hey

i'm lvl 55 in A1 merci(invasion). my damage starts to feel pretty bad. any suggestions?

gear
Spoiler

build
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAEZYR2xmKHNweGiP2JDwmlSepKPoqWy2DM3Y8jkZxSVFKfUyxUzVVS1XGVvpXyVpIWm1noG1sbXtvnnC7fXV_xoMJh3aPRpI4kyeXBpu1pwinXLQMtUi4k7vjwzrEospKy4LOSM9l0NDSGdN-1tHZE-GI6rrr7u4O73rv8PzF_rr_kw==

It doesn't sound like you have any issues with surviving, so that's good to hear.

It appears you picked up a lot of nodes that wasn't suggested in Mathil's leveling point allocation. You missed out on a lot of mana reduction nodes. You should be running haste by now with a reduced mana gem lvl 12. I'm running 3 auras with all the right nodes, my current issue atm is surviving against hard invader unique's in corrupted areas and certain gap closing rogue exiles.

This is what your tree should look like if you want to be running 3 auras.

61 Points

Also get a 2.0+ attack speed weapon, then worry about add fire etc.

I got mine for an exalt.

I kill things pretty quickly so I think damage-wise I'm doing well.
"
It doesn't sound like you have any issues with surviving

i was using iron reflexes up until now(was pretty safe with IR) but i need those 4 points for more damage(maybe not a good idea in HC:D)

"
You missed out on a lot of mana reduction nodes

yeah i was forced to rush to life nodes first
"
Davidus escribió:
"
It doesn't sound like you have any issues with surviving

i was using iron reflexes up until now(was pretty safe with IR) but i need those 4 points for more damage(maybe not a good idea in HC:D)

"
You missed out on a lot of mana reduction nodes

yeah i was forced to rush to life nodes first

It might be slow but at least you haven't RIP'd.

I'd look at a 2.0 attack speed weapon and pick up whatever added elemental damage fire/cold etc. you can get for cheap. You'd be surprise to find some from 1-20 chaos. If you can afford to refund your passives, see if you can hit all the mana reduction nodes and make up for survivability in gear. I guess it really depends on your budget. A lot of the gear you can buy at this level should be able to carry you to 75-80-ish (pre-map level)

I'm in YOLO league, so my tooltip DPS is 1.1k with 3 auras and my current weap. However I can be more reckless and choose more aggressive passives. I find that starting out as shadow has really low survivability from passives 20-60ish?
Editado por útlima vez por Jdre en 14 mar. 2014 16:11:28
"
Davidus escribió:
hey

i'm lvl 55 in A1 merci(invasion). my damage starts to feel pretty bad(ST dps is 597. i can only run wrath+anger atm for auras). any suggestions?

gear
Spoiler

build
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAEZYR2xmKHNwdqh4aI_YkPCaVJ6ko-ipbLYMvbzN2PI5GcUlRSn1MsVM1VUtVxlb6V8laSFptZ6BtbG17b55wu311f8aDCYd2j0aSOJMnlwabtacIp1y0DLVIuJO748M6xKLKSsuCzkjPZdDQ0hnTftbR2RPhiOq66-7uDu967_D8xf66_5M=

You also went really heavy into life too early. Get rid of those +resist nodes and get Cataclysm and Sovereignty ASAP. Buy a cheap 5L chest and run WED.
"
Jdre escribió:

I got mine for an exalt.

you paid ways to much. cause there is so much dps between 2.06 and 2.13
a blue foil with just the 25% ias mod (2.13attacks) will cost you maybe 100alts to do it, so its 5c), will do basicly the same dps like your weapon.

the build scales with auras, auras, auras, this means you just need a fastplatform to get all the auradmg out and this means ias >> all.

like it was calculated in this tread long time ago 0.1as is about ~20 eDmg
"
hunTShoo escribió:
"
Jdre escribió:

I got mine for an exalt.

a blue foil with just the 25% ias mod (2.13attacks) will cost you maybe 100alts to do it, so its 5c), will do basicly the same dps like your weapon.

the build scales with auras, auras, auras, this means you just need a fastplatform to get all the auradmg out and this means ias >> all.

Good to know. What about the growing pains of leveling as shadow in this spec from 20-60? It seems to be a pain surviving. Any thoughts?
"
hunTShoo escribió:
"
Jdre escribió:

I got mine for an exalt.

did you mean 0.01?? otherwise is weapon is better than a 2.13 aps since between 2.03 and 2.13 there is only 0.1(20dmg) difference...
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional