Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

I'm sure you've answered this somewhere in the preceeding 138 pages, but I can't find it, so my apologies.

Why LMP instead of GMP? Is this a cost thing, a mana/life thing, or a control thing?
Hello. I have been leveling my spectral throw elemental buzzsaw shadow and I feel like I am always getting steamrolled by exiles and certain unique's (especially ones with gap closers) in Cruel/Merciless, unless I am substantially overleveled in the area I am in. I recently just got owned by an exile Torr Olgosso in an area that I am underleveled in. Although I really feel that some specs may not have this trouble. I'd like to be corrected on this if possible.

My current stats and gear are not great but I never had this much trouble on the OP searing bond templar... I am following the leveling progression as suggested by Mathil but I feel like I need to get extra geared and need to out level an area to not completely get wrecked.

I'm testing this build to work on invasion but I have had a lot more deaths than I did on my SB templar and I am losing a little hope. Given that this is the winning spec for ambush world first atziri kill, I'd really like to know what I'm doing wrong. I would really appreciate constructive feedback.

Also I thought it might be worth mentioning that I have played this build on Scion prior to trying it as a shadow to level 82 on standard. I really like this spec and it was my first character to build to a high level, my progression was fine because I would over-gear and level before progressing. Now I'm really looking to balance optimal progression, especially in new leagues.

Current stats

Level: 51
Resists are currently: Fire/Cold/Light = 69/74/75
Life: 2k

Current gear

Note: I understand that in comparison to the OP searing bond that this spec probably will not surpass it in terms of efficient leveling, however, I'd really like some hints or ideas on how to progress easier when building a character like this from scratch.
"
Phoenix0401 escribió:
I'm sure you've answered this somewhere in the preceeding 138 pages, but I can't find it, so my apologies.

Why LMP instead of GMP? Is this a cost thing, a mana/life thing, or a control thing?

LMP will do better versus single target.
"
Midjet escribió:
This is a really cool looking build from the video you just posted. My only question is, can you do 70ish maps without an alphas? I'm poor as hell and don't think I've ever had remotely enough to buy one.

I don't think I got mine until level 73 maps or so. It's perfectly viable without one, you just won't be running 5 auras. I had real bad resists so I had to run both the purities and leave haste out. I'd sub haste in over lightning when I was sure a map didn't have any strong lightning presence though because you gain quite some dps by using it.

And I'm a shadow because I just wanted to be. I don't see much difference in the 3 so I rolled the class I least roll.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
Since this build uses evasion to tank, how do you survive being one-shotted by hard-hitting mobs? I have over 2k health and just got one-shotted by a rare mob in Merciless Library. Evasion doesn't help if it only takes one hit to be killed. There are also many other mobs I have to obnoxiously kite because if I get hit once I can die in one hit.
"
Mathil escribió:
New video now up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf2c2JQnAuM&feature=youtu.be

thanks for the vid.
Question:

Currently you use Lightening Coil. You mention in the vid how you enjoy the mitigation in damage it provides. You also didn't spec Acro but maybe the coil helps close any gap left by that.

You also mention looking for 6link. Are you planning on moving away from the Lightening Coil or are you looking exclusively for a 6link coil? If you do move away do you think that loss of damage mitigation will push you towards acrobatics again?

thanks!
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
"
Since this build uses evasion to tank, how do you survive being one-shotted by hard-hitting mobs? I have over 2k health and just got one-shotted by a rare mob in Merciless Library. Evasion doesn't help if it only takes one hit to be killed. There are also many other mobs I have to obnoxiously kite because if I get hit once I can die in one hit.

You want life on gear to increase your health pool for when hits do get through.

Also, you want to try not to get hit as much as possible. It's not a 'tanking' build. The gear (evasion) does some of the work and you kite around to do the rest. If your evasion is low instead of running haste run grace for a while.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
I see you are using Light Coil in Ambush, do you build around avoiding shock stacks by picking the passives for it, or do you think it's not needed?
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
"
Odoakar escribió:
I see you are using Light Coil in Ambush, do you build around avoiding shock stacks by picking the passives for it, or do you think it's not needed?

Passives are universal.

Sticking with lightning coil for the foreseeable future and yes trying to 6 link one.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
Hi, thanks for the guide!

I started out and specced how you had listed for a scion start. I'm approaching act 2 merciless (lvl59) and checked to see where I should be, and I noticed that now I should be moving through the es nodes over to the left instead of through all the strength/hp stuff to resolute technique.

Here is my passive tree:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAA5YRlhmKGo8c3B2qJDwmlSepJ-0tgzGeNZI64TsoPC1GcUlRSshN41M1VUtaUlptYENtbG17bj1uqm-ecLtyqXzZfXV_xoMJiPGTJ5cGm12btaZXp1yomqyqtAy1SLXytz6748M6xKLE9sauykrTftxX4YjxdvJF8pf22vsJ_gr-j_66

I'm 5 or so refund points short of being able to change over. What do you think I should do? Is resolute technique necessary? Right now I don't have much of the gear, so I'm just using a big maul +ST w/LMP+Faster attack and anger aura. Thanks.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional