Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

At what point should I get a new weapon? I am currently using a 2H sword for leveling and so far I haven’t been able to find a good 1h sword with good attack speed.

Gearing up this build will be anyway the most difficult part for me, as I am still a quite new player and I don’t have much currency to spend. I have currently 5 exalts and 20 chaos orbs.

Right new my character is 44lvl and I’m just about to start Act3 Cruel. I hope to get at least to Dominus before getting new gear. I can see that only Alphas Howl goes for more than I have in my stash. How should I plan to gear up? How to spend the little currency that I have?

My current gear:
Spoiler

I started with this earlier but the patch ruined my build so I had to start again. I played until lvl51 and my wrath, anger and haste gems are still too high level for this character. Obviously I am planning to use them.

EDIT: Standard league
Editado por útlima vez por deiko2 en 14 mar. 2014 9:36:05
How viable do you think this build would be in invasion league?

I'm coming at the game after a year break and I never even saw the scion before, the build looks pretty fun from the videos.

Are the builds on the front page optimal for 1.1 and is scion still the optimal choice?
Editado por útlima vez por antelopesalad en 14 mar. 2014 9:55:13
why no two handed weapon or hatred aura?
"
APCY escribió:
why no two handed weapon or hatred aura?

this build is based on ELEMENTAL DAMAGE, especially from auras and their improvement through nodes and items.

So...

Two handed weapons are FREAKING SLOW

and

Hatred increases PHYSICAL DAMAGE in percentage, while we are ELEMENTAL

:)
"
antelopesalad escribió:
How viable do you think this build would be in invasion league?

I'm coming at the game after a year break and I never even saw the scion before, the build looks pretty fun from the videos.

Are the builds on the front page optimal for 1.1 and is scion still the optimal choice?

Scion Shadow and Ranger are very similar in terms of how they'll eventually work.

Regarding playing this build in Invasion, you CAN technically do it, but this build requires quite a lot of skill in moving and dodging stuff, I suggest you at least try it extensively in Ambush before playing it in Hardcore.

You won't be a super duper immune tank.

Not even remotely :)
"
cloudscraper escribió:

Scion Shadow and Ranger are very similar in terms of how they'll eventually work.

Regarding playing this build in Invasion, you CAN technically do it, but this build requires quite a lot of skill in moving and dodging stuff, I suggest you at least try it extensively in Ambush before playing it in Hardcore.

Of those 3 classes do you think any of them would have an edge in HC due to having a bit more survivability over damage? I'm ok with giving up DPS for being less squishy.

Are the builds on the first page still the builds we should be using for 1.1.x though?

I'm used to playing HC, pre-1.0 I had 3 chars who are still level 80+ and alive. No idea about about using this build specifically (spectral throw is new to me) but I would say I'm pretty comfortable with the general game mechanics and evaluating damage taken to know when to run.
Editado por útlima vez por antelopesalad en 14 mar. 2014 10:58:45
"
antelopesalad escribió:
"
cloudscraper escribió:

Of those 3 classes do you think any of them would have an edge in HC due to having a bit more survivability over damage? I'm ok with giving up DPS for being less squishy.

Are the builds on the first page still the builds we should be using for 1.1.x though?

I'm used to playing HC, pre-1.0 I had 3 chars who are still level 80+ and alive. No idea about about using this build specifically (spectral throw is new to me) but I would say I'm pretty comfortable with the general game mechanics and evaluating damage taken to know when to run.

Scion uses 1 less node to get out of the start area and on track but the 4 start nodes stink and you start furthest from any health nodes.

Shadow puts you close to a plus 20 life/mana node and 2 x 12% life nodes right from the beginning.

Ranger has highest dps overall and you will be fairly close to a handful of health nodes.

Overall, Ranger would have the highest final dps but you will always be 1 node behind scion for filling out your tree.

No matter which you start with, you should fill out nearly all of the right side nodes before venturing across the ES wheel to work on the left. The 20% accuracy node at the Ranger start may come in handy as you will probably not be getting RT for a very long time.

I would probably go Ranger if I was starting new.
Editado por útlima vez por Daarknight en 14 mar. 2014 11:29:04
New video now up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf2c2JQnAuM&feature=youtu.be
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
Nice sum up with the video, looks like most of the stuff is about the same from the first page info.

What made you choose shadow instead of ranger since it seems like in the last ~20 pages or so a lot of people are saying a ranger has more potential perhaps?
Editado por útlima vez por antelopesalad en 14 mar. 2014 13:20:46
This is a really cool looking build from the video you just posted. My only question is, can you do 70ish maps without an alphas? I'm poor as hell and don't think I've ever had remotely enough to buy one.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional