[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

I have a tiny optimization for the build.

In the life cluster with Thick skin, i see you have taken all 4 nodes? Wich means you also take a 4% hp node. You could instead of that one take a 5% one from the life ring which in turn would boost your total hp by another 1%!!!

Gotta min max :P

Also some wierd crazy side/upgrade as i see there is literally no elemental damage scaling in the skill tree. And i dont know how much mana you have. You could maybe run blasphemy + poachers + vulnerability instead of hatred (RT means no freezes anyway and no worries about enemy cold resist while scaling up your phys dmg to pierce armor even more) and that would leave 30% mana could potentially run herald of ash (25% reserve) would leave you with 5% unallocated mana, so if your rich and if enlighten works on blasphemy auras you should get enough reservation reduction to keep using flicker on mana while increasing your dmg, but then again that requires additional curse on neck. Thats a theory tough and i can't test it because im a poor fella who likes to theorycraft.
"
deathspenalty escribió:
I have a tiny optimization for the build.

In the life cluster with Thick skin, i see you have taken all 4 nodes? Wich means you also take a 4% hp node. You could instead of that one take a 5% one from the life ring which in turn would boost your total hp by another 1%!!!

Gotta min max :P

Absolutely! I've noticed that yesterday when i was doing the per 10 points skill trees ... gotta fix mine as well :)

"
deathspenalty escribió:

Also some wierd crazy side/upgrade as i see there is literally no elemental damage scaling in the skill tree. And i dont know how much mana you have. You could maybe run blasphemy + poachers + vulnerability instead of hatred (RT means no freezes anyway and no worries about enemy cold resist while scaling up your phys dmg to pierce armor even more) and that would leave 30% mana could potentially run herald of ash (25% reserve) would leave you with 5% unallocated mana, so if your rich and if enlighten works on blasphemy auras you should get enough reservation reduction to keep using flicker on mana while increasing your dmg, but then again that requires additional curse on neck. Thats a theory tough and i can't test it because im a poor fella who likes to theorycraft.

Yeah that's an idea that crossed my mind but as you've already stated it requires an awesome +1 curse amulet ... which i simply don't have. Btw yes, the blasphemy works with Enlighten and it is possible to run 2 curses + HoA in theory and again in theory it should be a bit better than Hatred + 1 curse. But it has to be tested and i simply don't have the means to do it myself. If anyone does so though i'd really appreciate feedback on the idea :)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
what build of play in new league
"
sighlight escribió:
how soon can we start using this build and is it good for newbies who have no cash or items? Also, i cant find the leveling uniques you suggest

Leveling uniques:

You don't really need uniques, rares work great for this build. But to entertain, I'll give some advice.

Until you get Resolute Technique, I like swords for the extra accuracy.
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Shiversting
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Reaper%27s_Pursuit
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Rigwald%27s_Charge
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Terminus_Est

Terminus Est in particular is awesome from 51 to 60 or so. Especially if you find a crit shrine. You're unstoppable for 60 seconds.

The other thing - for most of your leveling you're probably better off just getting a 20% quality white (get a base you like that's your level and hopefully linked already, then hit it with 4 whetstones) and using the Rustic Sash recipe.

Hope this helps!
IGN: Frazetta
With this blasphemy change - be careful if you run zana or unid maps because you might get a curse-immune map. I'm fortunate because I still keep cyclone in my gear but I thought I should point that out.
"
Sicyo escribió:
With this blasphemy change - be careful if you run zana or unid maps because you might get a curse-immune map. I'm fortunate because I still keep cyclone in my gear but I thought I should point that out.

Nice reminder!
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Blasphemy and Poacher's Mark is a game changer. I'm not 100% certain, but Resolute Technique shouldn't be required anymore. Should free up points for other ideas. Downside is curse-immune.
@hmongguy
I really see no reason NOT to take Resolute Technique unless you want to go full crit ( which would be an entirely different build ) but that aside i agree with everything else you said ^^
You know, I actually have been on the fence about it too. I haven't picked up Resolute Technique yet and I'm lvl 85 destroying maps even with groups. May change tier 10+ but for the time being, I'm fine with having effective 95% chance to hit.

I say 95% because without RT, your chance to hit caps at 95%. With leveled Poacher's mark you get up to -50% enemy evasion at lvl 21. I've got 80% chance to hit without RT. 80+50=130. Even with smoke mine/blind I've still got 80% chance to hit which is fine by me.

I guess the question ends up being - is that 5% chance to hit worth the 10% life, the extra jewel slot (with 30% or more physical damage, life, resists, stats, etc.) or other bonuses you can get from the tree.

Also, Korgoth have you tried using Rallying Cry? I think you'd like the dmg bonus, the mana regen, and the interactive play. You've got some extra socket room for it, can probably stick it in with blood rage and increased duration somewhere.
Editado por útlima vez por Sicyo en 21 dic. 2015 12:20:51
Well chance to hit really is an estimate. Some things are harder to hit than other and i guess i just prefer to be sure that i'll always hit. But if you guys are doing well enough without RT then i guess it is not mandatory.

As for Rallying cry it is nice but one of the things that you point out as a reason for me to like it is actually the completely opposite - "interactive play".

I like my builds to be as automatic as possible, popping flasks is painful enough for me ... but hey that's just me ^^
Though i guess i should mention it in the buffs section.
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 21 dic. 2015 12:46:08

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional