[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

Well a 6L flicker strike costs 39 mana per 3 attacks. A Set of 3 flicker strike hits with Flicker strike and level 20 poacher's mark = 36 mana gained back isntantly. Againsy 2 targets = 72 mana and so on.

Now when you have to consider one of the following 2 options:
1. Use blood magic support thus loosing added fire damage ( 44% extra fire damage ) and use HoA ( gaining 15% extra fire damage
OR
2. Use Poacher's mark and if needed spend to passive skill points for 0.4% mana.

In option 1. you gain 29% fire damage, extra frenzy charge generation, 24 life per hit (per target), extra flask charge generation ( which is of course a huge advantage given that the build utilizes so many unique flasks that literally double your damage )

In option 2 you gain 2 passive skill points.

Honestly i think that the better option is painfully obvious.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 26 dic. 2016 4:09:45
"
KorgothBG escribió:
Well a 6L flicker strike costs 39 mana per 3 attacks. A Set of 3 flicker strike hits with Flicker strike and level 20 poacher's mark = 36 mana gained back isntantly. Againsy 2 targets = 72 mana and so on.

Now when you have to consider one of the following 2 options:
1. Use blood magic support thus loosing added fire damage ( 44% extra fire damage ) and use HoA ( gaining 15% extra fire damage
OR
2. Use Poacher's mark and if needed spend to passive skill points for 0.4% mana.

In option 1. you gain 29% fire damage, extra frenzy charge generation, 24 life per hit (per target), extra flask charge generation ( which is of course a huge advantage given that the build utilizes so many unique flasks that literally double your damage )

In option 2 you gain 2 passive skill points.

Honestly i think that the better option is painfully obvious.

As I said I have no problem with mana or frenzy (5-6 stable). I'm not wasting 35% mana for Poacher's mark and not using blood magic. Also no sense to waste 1-2 passives for that.
174 mana + "0.36% of physical attack damage leeched as mana" on a ring do his job.
I just want to show how I solve this problem for me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY8KGsnSNN0
Editado por útlima vez por Stridemann en 26 dic. 2016 12:04:59
My apologies i've misread one of your comments and fall under the impression that you use blood magic support gem :)

Indeed with enough damage even small amounts of mana leech are enough to sustain your flicker strike mana cost.

P.S. As an alternative to Poacher's mark you could of course use Herald of Ash (as you do) as an offensive option or Arctic Armour, Enfeeble or Temporal Chains as more defensive options
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 26 dic. 2016 16:47:03
Can I ask what you think about using one or two daggers instead? In another flicker strike guide by 1322837 (LINK), he says using dagger is better than any 2-handed weapon due to more damage.
Sure , you can go with a dagger and a shield if you want. There really isn't any reason going for dual daggers since flicker strike alternates weapons when attacking.
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 27 dic. 2016 4:06:08
Can Surgebinders Gauntlets be a valid option?

I've 6 frenzy charges from the build and 3 endurance from Daresso's Defiance.

My Flicker is split, atm, in: 4.7-7.9K phys, 3.8-5.4k ele damage, from hatred and added fire damage (on a 5L).

Can it be a good choice, or maybe i'll need to focus more on elemental damage, to increase the bonus from frenzy charges?
Or is still a waste, and is better to use a good rare pair of gloves?

Someone have test them?

Thanks in advance.
Editado por útlima vez por Vashwix en 27 dic. 2016 6:33:57
Well they are ok , the problem is that they lack life and resists. A rare pair of gloves can be much better given that they can have tons of resists, high amounts of life and on top of that - flat physical damage and/or attack speed.
I'm using this build right now and it works great.
Right now I want to buy a new 6L 2h Axe and I dont know what weapon will have higher DPS.

Option 1:
Atziri's Disfavour Vaal Axe
pDPS: ~610

Option 2:
rare Axe
pDPS: ~660
eDPS: ~100
DPS: ~760

Will the +2 to Level of Socketed Support Gems from Atziris Disfavour be better than the higher DPS from the rare Axe?

And I bought a Helmet with 9% increased Flicker Strike Damage per Frenzy Charge, but the Damage increase was not as big as I thought, why?
Editado por útlima vez por Agron666 en 29 dic. 2016 9:14:08
Well the disfavour has the added bonus of 100% bleeding on hit. And of course you'll have to consider the price difference between the 2 axes.

Btw i'm curious to see that 2h rare axe because after doing some searches the rare axes with 700+ DPS go for at least 75 ex while a 6L disfavour goes for 10 ex ... and in that case the rare axe is not worth it at all. If you want to dump huge amount of exalts for a really good rare axe ... i'd say acculumate more currency and eventually get a mirrored rare axe instead of spending quite a bit of exalts for a just a "good" axe.

As for the helm enchantment - i mean it's an "increased damage" and not "more damage" so it really shouldn't be a huge difference.
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 29 dic. 2016 9:32:44
The price for the Axe was 35ex. You are right, O totally forgot about the bleeding.
But i couldn't find a 6L Atziris Disfavour for just 10 ex. The cheapest was 15 ex for a non corrupted version with pDPS>600)

Editado por útlima vez por Agron666 en 29 dic. 2016 10:01:50

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional