[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

Well like i said many times - it doesn't really matter. This build defenses don't come from scaling armour or evasion thus other things on your rare pieces of gear take priority over them, things like life and resists.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 18 dic. 2016 4:03:21
For the people who are having trouble, my Flicker Slayer is doing really well (character is SalazarFlickerin). Can do any map mod except maybe no leech maps (physical reflect doesn't bother me thanks to Headsman), and so far I've done up to T12 maps without any problem (haven't found anything higher yet this league). Uber Izaro was a joke when not fully buffed for 4 key runs, haven't tried a 4key run yet so I can't say how hard he is in that case.
The best option for single target damage is an Ancestral Warchief totem in your chest, it hits super hard because it scales with the same nodes as Flicker and you can put it down and then hit the boss with all of your frenzy charges - this usually takes care of bosses for me under T10 and when higher than that, my leech is enough to survive while I'm recharging my Frenzy charges, while the totem keeps pumping out great DPS.
Also, Kitava's Feast is amazing - the built-in leech allowed me to completely skip any leech nodes which saved me some points, the DPS is almost on par with Disfavour while being one tenth of its price, and the fact that you can use another gem makes up for the 10% less DPS it has. Also the on-death corpse destruction is both super satisfying to watch when you see packs explode in showers of blood and it also nullifies the threat of porcupines.
Editado por útlima vez por Inkaflare en 18 dic. 2016 7:50:57
"
KorgothBG escribió:
"
Lullus escribió:
Tried this too. Invested ~50-60 chaos orb. Now i can slowly clear T1 Maps. Great.
Damage is fucking low. mostly i dont generate enough frenzy charges because my damage is to low to kill blue / yellow monsters and some normal monsters.
Pity, I had already been looking forward to that build.

Sorry to hear, with more information i might be able to spot your problems. Because you know .. the build has been tested ... many times ... by many players ... there is video evidence of how it works. So you know .. the problems you are experiencing are not build related.

My Gear:

Unfortunately i had to play this build with scion because i dont have a duelist and i´m to lazy for leveling one and wanted to test the build before.
for me the build doenst work fluid. so many times of have no charges for flicker strike on trash mobs. that is what make me so frustrating. sometimes i have a good phase for a few seconds and than is it stucking because i have no frenzy charges. i think the reason for that ist my low damage.

all the time self casting blood rage and golem is annoying too.

sheet dps flicker strike: 4800 (with hardred and golem / without blood rage and frenzy charges)
Giving your tree will help too, and your level.
But oh boy where do i start ... doing it with Scion already sets your build for failure. I mean .. i really comment how your build is going when you don't do the build in this guide . Simple as that. It's like saying "Oh man unfortunately driving this new car at 100 miles per hour just doesn't work for me! yeah i know that i actually use a bike and not the car ... but man... the results are disappointing!"

Oh and i have no idea why you need to recast blood rage when it refreshes itself on kill.

And of course - if you have problems with frenzy charge generation it is strongly suggested (read USE IT ) to use the blood dance boots.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 18 dic. 2016 10:57:15
"
KorgothBG escribió:
Giving your tree will help too, and your level.
But oh boy where do i start ... doing it with Scion already sets your build for failure. I mean .. i really comment how your build is going when you don't do the build in this guide . Simple as that. It's like saying "Oh man unfortunately driving this new car at 100 miles per hour just doesn't work for me! yeah i know that i actually use a bike and not the car ... but man... the results are disappointing!"

Oh and i have no idea why you need to recast blood rage when it refreshes itself on kill.

And of course - if you have problems with frenzy charge generation it is strongly suggested (read USE IT ) to use the blood dance boots.

Passive tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAAHcAl8FLQd1CZYNjRNMFCAX4SFVI_Ym-CcgLPswcTB3MHw5DjpCPs9AoEMxRCVHfkp9SshLeEz_TZJOKk4yUEdRR1n-Whpbr14TXz9g3mEhZFJlTWWnbmluqnTtdqx343gNeHp5aHrve3R82YLkhNmE74VSh2qHdooiiq-NfY2_kBGXeaOKpAyou6knqW6plK2NrlC18r02vea-p768wBrApsEEwaPDM89-1CPV-Nlh2sHcPd2o4mHjn-RR6hjrCe4O7w73Mvjr_MU=?accountName=Lullus&characterName=Mylez

Yes, Duelist would give me a nice damage boost. but i dont have one. would be marauder (berserk) an option? should bring more damage too.
i tried with blood dance, helps just a bit. but i think a bigger problem is the mana. sometimes it doesnt regenerate fast enough and i think this is probably the second reason why the build doenst work fliud for me.

and i have recast blood rage because it simply expires.

but thanks for your tips so long
"
Lullus escribió:
Unfortunately i had to play this build with scion because i dont have a duelist and i´m to lazy for leveling one and wanted to test the build before.

"
Lullus escribió:
Tried this too. Invested ~50-60 chaos orb. Now i can slowly clear T1 Maps. Great.
Damage is fucking low. mostly i dont generate enough frenzy charges because my damage is to low to kill blue / yellow monsters and some normal monsters.
Pity, I had already been looking forward to that build.

That's some sound logic there. I'm going to go test some Essence Drain on my EQ Duelist.
@Lullus
Well about the mana issues, the guide already explains what to do if you have problems but i'll explain again.
Try to get mana leech from your gear, even 0.2% is enough, a more simple solution would be to take 0.4% mana leech from the tree ( in the Spirit/Vitality Void cluster ) it will cost you just 2 points ( just respecc to your mana flows to it ) and you'll be good to go.
Now i can't stress how good the slayer is for this build. It's an extra socket, overleech, tons of damage, insane cull ( 20% instead of the usual 10% ) ... it's just ... i really don't have the right words to describe the difference between Duelist Slayer and Scion Ascendant when it comes to this build. I mean the difference is so big that the Kruciall's comparison isn't that exaggerated at all.
@KorgothBG

Hi Im currently playing your build in the Breach League! Im level 88 on my way to level 90. I can do t10 maps and I have a ton of fun playing this build.

The only problem for me is fighting against the Breachlords or Atziri. I always run out of Flask charges or get oneshotted. Could you take a look at my gear? I just want to know if I dont play the build right.

EDIT: What item should I upgrade next?
Editado por útlima vez por babune1338 en 19 dic. 2016 7:34:31
Hey, just wanted to say thanks for writing this guide, I've been using it since Perandus league and it's been working great. However I feel that I'm slowing down and dying more due to not having the damage. I can clear low tier maps no problem but rare mid tiers fuck me up.

My items :

Flasks :

I'm thinking of getting Taste of Hate flask or upgrading my weapon. Considering that I have only 3 exalted orbs to spend, what should my next course of action be?
I would definitely get a Kitava's Feast with those 3 ex, that will be a much better and more consistent damage boost than a Taste of Hate. Kitava's Feast is maybe 5% worse than Atziri's Disfavour at 1/10th of the price. Put your Flicker Strike in a 5link in that weapon and your damage will sykrocket compared to what you use right now.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional