[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

"
lussiano escribió:
"
Tomymoonly escribió:
But still struggle versus some bosses... the dps against single target is so bad... ii don't know how to manage boss fight...

You can use Cyclone against tough bosses. Put Cyclone in place of Flicker Strike and Weapon Elemental Damage in place of Multistrike and you are set. You can carry the spare gems in your alternate weapon slots. With 6 points invested in mana nodes, I can run Cyclone on mana, but, in case you don't, just put Blood Magic in place of Multistrike.

I m leveling up a cyclone gem atm just to see how it works, i thought about it as i leveled up till 70 with it.

Thanks for the advise i m taking all i love this build i d like to keep playing it i just need to find the solution against bosses :D
@Tomymoonly

First to answer the question about my dps numbers - it's 300144 (the screenshot is in the guide ).
Again i'm still not sure which bosses you refer to ( besides the mentioned uber izaro ) because there is a very huge difference between say Tier 1 Crystal Ore map and Tier 16 Minotaur.

In any case i've mention your level because this build focuses solely on life from level 80 ( since it is not suitable for HC in my own opinion, despite some playing it there ) thus the difference between level 80 character and a level 90 character is huge when it comes to boss fights because it can be ( and in some cases it is ) the difference between getting one-shot and not getting one-shot thus being able to finish off the boss.

Now a few words about Uber Izaro. I've played this build in two recent leagues and in both i was able to kill him quite easily on level 80-85 character ( in one of them i was among the first 10 peopel in the league to bring him down ) without disfavour, taste of hate or 6L. The key is to not let him get buffed in the first two fights and to play smart - avoiding telegraphed hits (don't facetank those... please), if out of charges step away for a second, flicker strike the weak adds to gain charges, repeat if needed.

As for the frenzy to generate charges - yes it can be a problem. But i must mention that nowadays many bosses summon weak one-shottable adds ... a free frenzy charges if you will. Step back, wait a second, kill the adds, proceed to flicker the boss down. I understand the urge to facetank everything believe me, but in some cases it is better to be play it smart even if it means finishing a boss fight 1,2,5, hell , 10 seconds slower.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG escribió:
@Tomymoonly

First to answer the question about my dps numbers - it's 300144 (the screenshot is in the guide ).
Again i'm still not sure which bosses you refer to ( besides the mentioned uber izaro ) because there is a very huge difference between say Tier 1 Crystal Ore map and Tier 16 Minotaur.

In any case i've mention your level because this build focuses solely on life from level 80 ( since it is not suitable for HC in my own opinion, despite some playing it there ) thus the difference between level 80 character and a level 90 character is huge when it comes to boss fights because it can be ( and in some cases it is ) the difference between getting one-shot and not getting one-shot thus being able to finish off the boss.

Now a few words about Uber Izaro. I've played this build in two recent leagues and in both i was able to kill him quite easily on level 80-85 character ( in one of them i was among the first 10 peopel in the league to bring him down ) without disfavour, taste of hate or 6L. The key is to not let him get buffed in the first two fights and to play smart - avoiding telegraphed hits (don't facetank those... please), if out of charges step away for a second, flicker strike the weak adds to gain charges, repeat if needed.

As for the frenzy to generate charges - yes it can be a problem. But i must mention that nowadays many bosses summon weak one-shottable adds ... a free frenzy charges if you will. Step back, wait a second, kill the adds, proceed to flicker the boss down. I understand the urge to facetank everything believe me, but in some cases it is better to be play it smart even if it means finishing a boss fight 1,2,5, hell , 10 seconds slower.

Ok i ll take it easier next time on uber, tried it 4 times, might be a lill stressed, i m not used to play build like that.

Understand everything thanks for explanations.
Thanks a lot for the guide. My second flicker character but with the breaches flicker feels so damn DBZ and badass.

You've probably heard this a lot but having a secondary quill rain bow + GMP/Faster Attacks/Blood Magic/Frenzy is pretty amazing to generate your initial frenzy stacks as well as getting stacks on bosses. Takes like maybe a second to max frenzy. Might be a recommendation for noobs who can't keep frenzy up for bosses like me haha
Editado por útlima vez por 4thedition en 16 dic. 2016 21:58:01
"
4thedition escribió:
You've probably heard this a lot but having a secondary quill rain bow + GMP/Faster Attacks/Blood Magic/Frenzy is pretty amazing to generate your initial frenzy stacks as well as getting stacks on bosses. Takes like maybe a second to max frenzy. Might be a recommendation for noobs who can't keep frenzy up for bosses like me haha

Yup, definitely a good option!
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
this is probably a noob question, but what defensive stats should i go for until i get uniques, meaning armor or evasion, energy shield or something hybrid?
Tried this too. Invested ~50-60 chaos orb. Now i can slowly clear T1 Maps. Great.
Damage is fucking low. mostly i dont generate enough frenzy charges because my damage is to low to kill blue / yellow monsters and some normal monsters.
Pity, I had already been looking forward to that build.
Breaches are awesome. Killing bosses a lot easier with better strategy and not just trying to face tank them. I have everything except for Disfavour which I'm closed to getting. In it's place I got a 6 socket Kitava's feast. It's DPS is great. I also got an Amulet that gave me +1 curses on enemy and socketed a cast vulnerability on hit setup. Not sure if that is making a difference but it should.

Breachlord domains are great up until you have to fight the actual breachlord where it becomes impossible. I haven't beat one with this char yet, Chayula is out of the picture. Anyone have any luck in this area? Does Vulnerability with curse on hit work for this build?

Cheers
"
Lullus escribió:
Tried this too. Invested ~50-60 chaos orb. Now i can slowly clear T1 Maps. Great.
Damage is fucking low. mostly i dont generate enough frenzy charges because my damage is to low to kill blue / yellow monsters and some normal monsters.
Pity, I had already been looking forward to that build.

Sorry to hear, with more information i might be able to spot your problems. Because you know .. the build has been tested ... many times ... by many players ... there is video evidence of how it works. So you know .. the problems you are experiencing are not build related.

@Križ_
At the mid-low levels it doesn't really matter all that much. But i guess i'd suggest to go for armour or armour/evasion gear.

@Uhtredarwe
I'm happy to hear that. About Chayula can't though i can't really say .. haven't played flicker in breach ( after build one 2h flicker slayer for the past couple of leagues .. and playing one constantly in standart ... i've decided to try something else this time)
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 17 dic. 2016 17:54:49
is there any reason you have energy shield gloves and helmet and not evasion/armour/hybrid?

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional