[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

Well probably you already know what i would say :D
Get Daresso's Defiance and facebreakers closer to 1000% .
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
Fientto escribió:

fair point at that :)

anything I should improve on gear-wise?

Thanks.

Your gear is pretty good, and tbh, your unbuffed dps actually seems low for what you linked (I have 175k with no buff actives on my endgame setup). There are definitely some simple things you can do for a large gain for your character, based on what you showed. That being said, we could give you better feedback if you linked your tree and jewels too.

The low hanging fruit that I see:
- Change the life roll on your shield to 4-7 flat damage (this may seem bad, but the way the phys damage scales, it's very worth it imo)
- Get 20 quality on all of the damage gems in your 6L
- Add fire or lightning golem to your setup

Hope this helps!

@korgoth

I will definitely look into those once I have more currency :P thanks though!

"
demopolos escribió:
"
Fientto escribió:

fair point at that :)

anything I should improve on gear-wise?

Thanks.

Your gear is pretty good, and tbh, your unbuffed dps actually seems low for what you linked (I have 175k with no buff actives on my endgame setup). There are definitely some simple things you can do for a large gain for your character, based on what you showed. That being said, we could give you better feedback if you linked your tree and jewels too.

The low hanging fruit that I see:
- Change the life roll on your shield to 4-7 flat damage (this may seem bad, but the way the phys damage scales, it's very worth it imo)
- Get 20 quality on all of the damage gems in your 6L
- Add fire or lightning golem to your setup

Hope this helps!

Thanks thats what I thought too :/ I was looking around the forums at other people's facebreaker builds and I found that although my gear was similar-ish to theirs my dps was 2 or 3 times lower :/ I do use fire golem but even then my dps is abyssmal :/

I think getting my gems to a higher lv + quality will definitely help. They're all so low cause I used to run IB + multi + melee splash a year ago before I quit :P

I dont have any jewels :(

My tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEAAADuBIcEswUtBjkJMwthDPcUIBUgGbQaPhuXG60j9ipNLOktgy_MMk41kjwFPC09Dz3iPfw_J0CgR35I7krITUZNklBHUWBYY18_YuxlTWebaPJuqnKpdO12rHiueTl673uMfNl9dX7ig8yE2YTvhrOK8IzPjX2PmaIAo4qplayvrY2uPq9sr6exs7Xytoq3Pr02vqfAZsC_wYLEWMSCxPbGrsbYypDPftE2037YvdrB4izkUelG6dXqGO8O73rvfPAf8wb2SPaj9zL7qv4K_ro=?accountName=Fientto&characterName=Fientto
This is a great guide. I'm a long time Facebreaker player and I visit this guide after every major update to get new ideas. So thank you very much Korgoth.

I don't know if this has been discussed earlier, but I have recently been trying Ancestral Totem with Curse on Hit. My curse of choice when playing Facebreaker has always been Enfeeble, with the main purpose of debuffing bosses. I tend to use Ancestral Totem for bosses only too. Decided I may as well combine the two. Happy with the results so far, would recommend as an alternative to self-casting.
That of course is an option though it uses 3 sockets. Btw i feel obligated to also mention that bosses have 60% reduces curse effectiveness ( for level 20 enfeeble that's 12% less damage dealt from the boss )
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 23 abr. 2016 7:41:42
So, semi-noob here. I recently got a 797 Facebreaker and decided to start up a juggernaut to run Ice crash. My question is what you think of the viability of running Avatar of Fire with Cold to Fire, Fire pen and Elemental Focus for some double elemental multipliers. I'm just not really sure you could make the spread from AoF down to the shield and leech nodes in the Duelist area while still getting a good amount of shield / life / armor nodes along the way.

Edit: Forgot to mention the possibility of subbing a Rise of the Phoenix / Purity of Fire to deal with reflect.
Editado por útlima vez por turbobanana en 23 abr. 2016 22:42:21
I'd say try it out and see if you like the result.

Personally i'm not a big fan, you can't leech, you loose tons of potential beneficial gear and support gems just to convert your damage , you can't use WED passives and nodes because you are unarmed etc. In the end i really don't see the benefit from going AoF instead i see tons and tons of drawbacks.
Heyo, so I'm around lvl 60 as a duelist and doing fairly well.
I've been working on my FB build and had a couple ideas.

Wanted to do the cyclone build but instead have a couple differences:

Armor - 6 socket belly of the beast
reckoning, cyclone, melee damage, melee damage, fortify, (melee/fire/culling?)

Hat - 4 socket abyssus
tempest shield, caste when damage taken, chains curse, frenzy (un-linked)

Gloves - facebreaker
enduring cry, blood rage, increased duration, totem

boots - darkray vectors (hopefully with +1 frenzy)
ice crash, hypothermia, melee damage, fire damage

Shield 1 (undecided) (defensive)
phase run, chaos golem, energy shield

Shield 2 (undecided) (offensive)
fire golem
hatred
shield charge

Major differences in passives
+2 frenzy charges
blood magic
rampart

Gladiator Ascendancy Class, spell blocking + defense

So my thought was try and get as many frenzy charges as possible (6-7)
This would get me a huge dps boost. I can then maintain my frenzy charges during boss/single target fights where frenzy charges will be hard to maintain, so just coming in for a couple hits for a charge up instead of using it for a main attack.

Will use enduring cry for extra defense as well.

On shield swap I'd use hatred with the 20% life reduction but extra damage.
On the swap I'd let my totem and golem to do some damage and phase run, rely on counter,and ice crash for damage.

Does anyone have any thoughts? Any critiques? Just learning how to play :)

I always encourage experimentning but i'd tell you something from experience- in reality some things are not as good as they seem and some things are much more powerful than what they seem to be. I see that you are doing exactly what i do everrtime i start a hack'n'slash RPG - i learn a bit, then start theorycrafting and later on i realize that the things play out differently than what i was expecting.
But again ... i'd say test your ideas and see how it works out for you.
Because of all that i won't comment pretty much anything but there is one thing that i just can't let you do... don't ... DON'T! sacrifice your 6th link (or any link really) in your main attack for reckoning that's a horrendous idea that cripples your offensive capabilities greatly. Reckoning is great and deserves a good 4L setup in my opinion but it does NOT deserve a slot on your main attack gem setup and it never will. Please test everything but don't do that.

Oh and an advice on the whole frenzy charge thing - two words - Blood Rage. It keeps you at max charges cosntantly all while providing lots of life leech and attack speed.

Oh and i must comment on one more thing - Blood Magic passive. It's NOT worth the loss of not 1 but 2 auras. Not even close, i'd strongly recommend to give up on the blood magic keystone and use the support gem instead.
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 28 abr. 2016 3:41:48
Was hoping by getting more armour as well as the defensive subclass for ascendency would offset the defense loss.

Then I'd be using hatred 90% of the time and just taking the 20% life reduction with mortal conviction (with the +35% life increase from the supporting passives). When I'm in a tough spot I'll reduce my dps by a bit (but still under the effects of 3-4 melee damage runes) and opt for a more defensive stance. When I'm not in defense mode my dps should be higher than other facebreaker builds.

I was hoping the added damages from the champion subclass with the block would make my counter hits more and more powerful, so that's why I linked it. Was thinking a 60% block including spells I'd be countering non-stop so thought it might be a partial source of my dps. I could opt for just more damage or faster attacks or something on cyclone.

I was thinking I'd also be able to spam ice crash, totem, golem, etc. more often without the mana requirements. Plus not needing to add any mana leach to any of my equipment would free up extra slots to increase my resistances and/or defenses offsetting the lack of the defensive aura.

Was my thinking incorrect? Or would all the added bonuses I'm trying to get from the blood magic simply not stack up against losing the defense aura?
Editado por útlima vez por fi_icgeese en 28 abr. 2016 12:01:42

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional