[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

It's kind of a late asked question ... but ...
The answer is : "Actually better than before 1.3"
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 29 ene. 2015 20:13:03
Just want to drop a line and say thank you for the awesome build. This is my 3rd char on torment, (other 2 are lv86 and 85). Originally a BoR dropped during the 2nd char so was looking for something to use it with. But since lv60 and Abyssus went on, it hasnt come off (Now at 79) and had since sold the BoR. i am very surprised i rarely could feel the bad side for Abyssus and its really the best item for the build (cyclone)

By far the trickiest thing for this character is to cap res with lioneye's eye shield. I ended up able to do it but had to spend one point on dex node for Riptoste unfortunately. But when i finally was able to drop purity of elements for determination (along with hatred and HoA), this char goes into beast mode. Very very tanky and with Rumi and Saffell's blocking spells vs some bosses, i honestly havent played an easier character. [it does seem that a lv20 Reduced mana gem was required rather than a lv19 though to fit the 2x60% and 1x25%]

The counterskills are also pretty cool and it actually helps during desync to clear some attacking mobs. All in all, great build. Although i am considering to put 3rd point at amplify cluster since i am only running 5l carcass. And possibly going for marauder's starting node (life and armor) earlier and the Unrelenting cluster little later.
"
zeella escribió:
[it does seem that a lv20 Reduced mana gem was required rather than a lv19 though to fit the 2x60% and 1x25%]

This might be the case indeed. I don't have a level 19 Reduced mana at the moment so i can't really say for sure ... i thought that 19 was enough but i might be mistaken ... it was long time ago when i last had level 19 reduced mana :D

About the BoR you've sold .. i'd say you did the right thing .. in my opinion the new BoR is just ... crappy ... i guess that's the word ... crappy... not just for this build but in general.

Btw for around 2 weeks now i'm running with IIQ and IIR gems instead of increased AOE and melee physical ... i practically leveled from 95 to 96 with these 2 gems. For me The damage with them is 29k (that's basically 4L cyclone ) ... and i must say that with the changes to cyclone and the addition of counterattacks the desync is less of an issue now ( at least for me ) and dropping increased AoE is not as bad as it was before and the difference between 44k and 29k dps is rarely felt. Tho i have the taste of hate flask which further boosts my DPS.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
would it be stupid to go for iron reflexes and use determination aura as well as unweavering stance whit some additional leech near it and even soul of steel node for 4% add physical dmg reduce?
Editado por útlima vez por igas en 30 ene. 2015 23:01:27
Stupid - no.
Would it be worth spending the passive skill points for that - no.
That's my opinion at least.

With so much life you don't get stunned at all, and if you use Cyclone you can't be stunned while you are using it ( thus rendering Unwavering stance rather useless )
With so little evasion and eve less without counting the dex bonus to evasion Iron reflexes is not really useful .. you could use Grace instead of Determination .. but that won't give you more armour at all. And don't underestimate the evasion chance it actually helps ... a lot !
The additional life leech ... it's good but really ... 1% is all that you really need ... i've tried with more ( including a life leech gem ) and i can't tell the difference ... at all.
Soul of steel ... it's ok ... only if it didn't take so many passive skill points to get to it ...

In the end that's just my opinion and you are free to try it ... but i'd suggest to try both ways so that you can see which one works better for you since both variations will work and will be viable :)
Is Carcass Jack Varnished Coat good for infernal blow as well or is there somting better for it?
For infernal blow it is not a good chest because it is a ES/EV chest ... that means that getting the right colors for infernal blow is close to impossible. I'd suggest that you read the "Gear" section > "chest" of the guide for more details .. but generally for infernal blow rare astral plate would be one of the best options, belly of the beast and daresso's defiance are not bad too.
are you sure Death's Oath Astral Plate is good choice for infernal blow that chaos damage seems dangerous if u kill alot of mobs fast
Death's Oath ? Where did i said anything about Death's Oath?
RARE Astral Plate !
5300 Life, all res capped, 39100 DPS, 15k Armour, 30% evasion, 6L Carcass Jack, all recommendation followed (flasks, removed Riposte/Reckoning, used Saffell's) and... I can't do Atziri. her split form 1shots me. VEry frustrating...

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional