[3.25] CWDT Ward Loop Scion

Amazing guide really appreciate the work that went into it! I've started the budget version and really enjoying it, want to try take this as far as I can.

Out of interest how is this person running 4 flasks, I don't see any 'Flask Charges Gained' on their gear or timeless jewel?

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/PathofKing/FLuxAlmond

Editado por útlima vez por JKR_ en 7 ene. 2023 6:29:25
"
JKR_ escribió:
Amazing guide really appreciate the work that went into it! I've started the budget version and really enjoying it, want to try take this as far as I can.

Out of interest how is this person running 4 flasks, I don't see any 'Flask Charges Gained' on their gear or timeless jewel?

some folks have the relic that gives flask charges
"
Awesomeblabla escribió:
Kinda undecided what my next upgrades should be.
Lvl 21 Ice spear is a no brainer but no clue about the rest.

Here is my pob https://pastebin.com/Trtk1sCH
Would be great if someone could check it and see if the config is right too

see upgrades section and also the min maxxed pob
form those pick any and go get it !

level 100 is the best bet, 4 flasks also good one.
"
JKR_ escribió:

It´s the nodes on bottom right near Druidic Rite - and that is an extremly inefficient way to get 4 flasks
so my loop is stoping, all calcs saying it's goot to go, but it's not wroking. pob: https://pastebin.com/XB9sX6SB
"
Loseyourmind escribió:
so my loop is stoping, all calcs saying it's goot to go, but it's not wroking. pob: https://pastebin.com/XB9sX6SB

Your skeletons are setup for 27% CDR breakpoint, which you are not at. Remove duration mastery at Window of opportunity, and it should work.
So I've just discovered the Vaal Breach skill that doesn't really do anything amazing and I've been using it in Simulacrum (trying to get more monies).
Doesn't work that way sadly. Also one breach released a Tul that offed me at the end of a vague so that wasn't nice.
But I guess the good is that the skill ensures a solid 40s of Soul Gain Prevention which works well with two 60% increased spell damage craft.

"
Akshay escribió:

lots of good ideas, show the video bodyswap clear

Okay so I went and tried. Too many problem sadly.
First is, player input depends largely on the density of the mob like you need a LOT of mob. I doubt it's possible to have no input at all unless a blink is added in the loop, and even then...
Second is map layout. Most map lose the scion in cul-de-sac. Strand is probably best map to avoid that, but again, Blink are required due to lack of mobs.
Third is, it's actually slower than just walking, because the Scion insists on flogging every corpse.
In the end the skill is perhaps only useful to enter fights quicker and to always be Eye to Eye with the target, although perhaps that's too close for Ice Spear.
There would be a need for complete corpse destruction to avoid being pulled back while moving forward. Still I am tired of blinking trough laser to find the Maven so I will test that at least.
Bottom line, it was disappointing. There is some advantages to not moving like using a Discharge in the loop with Ralakesh's Impatience...but that's something else

"
Akshay escribió:
i am playing a tank version of cwdt check it out! its on my profile right now.

I see, looks interesting, but I can't see the effect of the Timeless on the tree. Also do you feel there is a clear cut benefit for trying that over the usual Spell Suppression build, beside not suffering from elemental resistance deprivation ?

"
Akshay escribió:
we can test the sadist if we can team up in pvp
i don't see ignites and sadist.

I am looking into a "Cannot inflict Ignite" helmet. This way I will be able to isolate Sadist effect. If it's useless, I will look for another Cluster.
Editado por útlima vez por Wonderglass en 7 ene. 2023 8:48:51
"
Wonderglass escribió:

"
Akshay escribió:
we can test the sadist if we can team up in pvp
i don't see ignites and sadist.

I am looking into a "Cannot inflict Ignite" helmet. This way I will be able to isolate Sadist effect. If it's useless, I will look for another Cluster.

Why do you feel sadist would not be working? Maybe I missed something in the thread, but I dont see any reason that would be so.
Assuming the setup in weapon does not have ele focus, even 1 fire damage would be enough to ignite on crit, same with 1 lightning damage for the shock part.

For a quick test, just in case there is some weird interaction I am missing, I tested it with lvl 1 gems on some bosses, and it clearly works.
I used trigger setup with just 2 heartbounds, to prevent forbidden rite messing with results, so the only spells being triggered were ice spear with ele focus, and freezing pulse. I then watched tooltip on ice spear, and when I enabled freezing pulse (so that I could inflict ailments), the ice spear tooltip dmg went up, and when I disabled it again, it dropped back to original level.
I then removed sadist cluster, and observed no tooltip difference when turning off freezing pulse.

If you can think of a reason why this test wouldnt be conclusive, please let me know!
thanks for the guide, i am going to try this out with the 100d version, really excited for this

1 question though: if i want to change the main DPS skill to soulrend, other than changing the elemental dmg to chaos dmg, mechanically speaking anything should i take note of?
"
Cahir_aep_Ceallach escribió:

If you can think of a reason why this test wouldnt be conclusive, please let me know!

Okay so I know where I went wrong.
It's not that your test isn't conclusive. I wasn't disputing the fact that Sadist doesn't work with the ailments, but that it might not acknowledge low level ailment.

For example, I made most of my test against invincible Maker of Mire.
What I determined, by way similar to your, is dealing thousand of Cold, Lightning and Fire damage, with a lot of critical strike, didn't give me a single point of bonus from Sadist.
It's not that he's immune to ailment.
By using Creeping Frost, I was able to Chill him, Sadist took effect, my damage went up. Happy ? not really, because Sadist only took effect when the Chill ailment icon appeared whereas I expected it to work on every critical strike.
This got me thinking that Sadist simply doesn't care about Critical Strike, and simply that the damage has to be enough. And if thousands of fire damage doesn't make him ignite, how could 20 added Fire damage to my Ring ?

Furthermore, while I "know" that I am chilling and shocking mob thanks to the icons, there is no Ignite(or even poison stack) Icon for mob which I find isn't justifiable. This is the entire reason I was so focused on Ignite possibly not doing anything.

But as I started with, I know where I went wrong. I shouldn't have chosen him as my target practice, not while he was invincible. He's simply convenient for long test.

After your message I tried again but I made him vulnerable first, and indeed even a level 1 fireball my damage went up.
Editado por útlima vez por Wonderglass en 7 ene. 2023 11:21:44

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional