3.17 TOXIC RAIN CHAMPION - Fast, Tanky, Deadly! - League-Start to End-Game

"
grimjack68 escribió:
"
ZwarteReetschopper escribió:

I got 6 projectiles at the moment Helm enchant), but also use an elevated explode mod on my chest, which gives me 8-12% increased Area of effect. With Anomalous conc effect, 0% on toxic rain quality and without the bow mastery My AOE for toxic rain is 0.65% Area. Is this worth doing or should I just leave it at the 1.39 I have now?

Thnx

That's really close... can you divine your chest to slightly less AOE to hit the ideal number?

Already did that and using anomalous conc effect 20%. Cant think of a way to lower it without ditching the chest, but I love the chest :). Maybr 23% anomalous conc effect? Any other suggestions?

Character is ChuckFokkingNorris

Any advice would be rejoyced :)

Lovin the build btw
hows this build so far in league 3.17? im using this for leveling but might change later for another build but if this is good for the league might stick to it for a few more weeks
No to conditional challenges on top of RNG pure luck mechanics.
"
grimjack68 escribió:
"
Turtledove escribió:
I recently got this thing.

There was some discussion around page 56 or so about someone else with six arrows and trying to get AOE right. I didn't really understand all of Grimjack's response. I'm more interested in boss fights and tanky defense than fast map clearing. Would it be worth switching to 6 arrows and if so what should my AOE value be set to (it's currently .39)? Thanks
6 arrows is great for bossing, and the difference in clear is barely noticeable.

For 6 arrows, you want 0.63 AOE modifier. For this you need to:
- Drop quality on your TR gem to 0, or swap to Anomalous with any quality
- Drop the 20% AOE Bow Mastery node on the tree
- Drop the 9% crafted affix from your amulet or gloves
- Swap your TR Efficacy (blue) gem to an Anomalous quality concentrated effect with 15% quality

There was another way, but I can't recall the exact details. I've worked this out from what I was running last league.

So I think that I've completed your list of changes except my Anomalous Concentrated Effect is only 11% quality. My problem is that I can't find the AOE modifier value on my character. I'm reluctant to apply any additional GCP to the concentrated effect gem until I verify what the AOE modifier is currently sitting at.

Any other suggestions would also be appreciated. I know though that the base for my bow and quiver are not ideal. I crafted those originally for a Caustic Arrow build that I previously played.

Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Editado por útlima vez por Turtledove en 10 feb. 2022 18:02:46
"
Turtledove escribió:

So I think that I've completed your list of changes except my Anomalous Concentrated Effect is only 11% quality. My problem is that I can't find the AOE modifier value on my character. I'm reluctant to apply any additional GCP to the concentrated effect gem until I verify what the AOE modifier is currently sitting at.

Any other suggestions would also be appreciated. I know though that the base for my bow and quiver are not ideal. I crafted those originally for a Caustic Arrow build that I previously played.

You are currently at 0.65. In POB, under the calculations tab, select the main Toxic Rain skill at the top, then look under the box for skill type-specific stats:, second to the last item in the list is Area of Effect Mod:

If you boost the quality on your concentrated effect to 15, you should be right at the sweet spot of 0.63.

After that, a couple gem levels would be really nice... level 21 TR gem, amulet with +1 (or +2) to gem levels. You are weak in attack speed as well. Ideally you would have attack speed on your quiver and gloves, and be using a bow base with 1.5 aps - thicket, short, or grove. You could also drop second wind for a vaal haste, and use it on bosses.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
grimjack68 escribió:
"
Turtledove escribió:

You are currently at 0.65. In POB, under the calculations tab, select the main Toxic Rain skill at the top, then look under the box for skill type-specific stats:, second to the last item in the list is Area of Effect Mod:

If you boost the quality on your concentrated effect to 15, you should be right at the sweet spot of 0.63.

After that, a couple gem levels would be really nice... level 21 TR gem, amulet with +1 (or +2) to gem levels. You are weak in attack speed as well. Ideally you would have attack speed on your quiver and gloves, and be using a bow base with 1.5 aps - thicket, short, or grove. You could also drop second wind for a vaal haste, and use it on bosses.

Also, to check Area of Effect, you can click on your character sheet, select your TR setup, and see it in the damage tab. I don't trust POB 100% :)
Still levelling... just wonder: Ghost Dance makes no sense anymore, right?
"
brunowa escribió:

Also, to check Area of Effect, you can click on your character sheet, select your TR setup, and see it in the damage tab. I don't trust POB 100% :)

I think it makes slightly more sense to me. As I understand it 6 arrows you want 0.63 AOE modifier and for 5 arrow really 1.39 AOE modifier. What I didn't find in this thread was an explanation as to how the AOE modifier impacts the build. Is it the vines work better? Or why 6 arrows has a smaller AOE sweet spot than 5 arrows?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove escribió:
"
brunowa escribió:

I think it makes slightly more sense to me. As I understand it 6 arrows you want 0.63 AOE modifier and for 5 arrow really 1.39 AOE modifier. What I didn't find in this thread was an explanation as to how the AOE modifier impacts the build. Is it the vines work better? Or why 6 arrows has a smaller AOE sweet spot than 5 arrows?

Personally, I wouldn't worry about 6 arrows. It's too complicated and easy for someone to stuff up and mess up their damage.

Keep it simple. 5 arrows. 39%. Can easily craft the exact amount of AOE on gloves. And you're done... Knowing that your DPS will be awesome.

As to your question on impact, the 6 arrows method has a slightly higher dps by having more overlapping pods. Someone made a spreadsheet on it at start of 3.16. but it's very specific, and if you have just 1% AOE off your DPS will be screwed.
Editado por útlima vez por brunowa en 11 feb. 2022 16:44:42
"
Turtledove escribió:
"
brunowa escribió:

Let me take a stab at this.

Your AOE affects 2 things that we care about.

1. How big of an area is affected by each pods DOT
2. How far apart the pods themselves drop

We want the biggest AOE we can get for #1 without pushing #2 up to where they are too far spread out to get overlapping pods. Luckily for us, the two scales aren't *directly* linked. So with 5 arrows, 1.39 gives us the most pods on target. With 6 arrows, that changes to 0.63 to get the most pods on target.

Hopefully this makes sense. :)
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Well so far my unscientific gut assessment is 6 arrows has made my character stronger. Although I think it may have more to do with freeing up a skill point and a crafting mod on my amulet. This allowed me to switch around my boots. My life increased and probably more importantly my ES went from 800 to 950. (On the insignificant downside my chaos resistance went from 75% to 51%.) This seemed to improve the tankiness significantly.

Thank you!

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional