3.17 TOXIC RAIN CHAMPION - Fast, Tanky, Deadly! - League-Start to End-Game

Looking to improve my build. I know what I should upgrade for the most part (awakened gems, better bow, better amulet ect) but am unsure what to go for first?

https://pastebin.com/CxyP0VRS

This thread has been a huge help!
I wanted to pick up Ghost Dance on the skill tree. I was looking at the way that you fellows did it, Waff_Waff and Grimjack.

[ed: GrimJack answered this one Dec 13 so thanks! I wondering about the Thread of Hope Jewel. Is it really worth doing that for just those two passive skills in the very large ring? Or am I reading the tree wrong? I guess the skill effect duration passive skill is really that powerful?]

My bow and quiver are from an old caustic arrow build. What's the difference between mine and Maloney's Mechanism for the overall build? Based on some comments in the thread it seems Frenzy charge is the key to the answer? Tangential question, I bought a Maloney's but it was corrupt and I couldn't use the crafting bench on it. If I buy a not corrupted one can I then use jewelers, fusings, and chromes on it?

P.S. crafting the magic ring was a royal pain. It cost me well over a thousand orb of alterations (had to get despair twice). Is that expected RNG (ed: having to get despair twice is yes, I mean the 1400 alterations) or did I miss a better way than just slamming alts?

Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Editado por útlima vez por Turtledove en 28 dic. 2021 9:51:26
I'm rerolled to champion from raider version and looks like champion is much better! Raider is too squishy. My currently gear:

POB: https://pastebin.com/7Ky6hm1h

Very nice build
Editado por útlima vez por Tahk90 en 27 dic. 2021 8:54:31
"
Whorehunter escribió:
Looking to improve my build. I know what I should upgrade for the most part (awakened gems, better bow, better amulet ect) but am unsure what to go for first?

https://pastebin.com/CxyP0VRS

This thread has been a huge help!
You're absolutely on the right path, now it's just a question of budgeting and fitting the pieces together.

I always upgrade in cost order. Buy the cheapest upgrades you can. Right now, those are probably GCPs to boost your gem quality.

Then fill out your cluster jewel setup.

Then you're going to need to decide whether you want to stick with a rare helm, or move to Viridi's for curse immunity or Diadem for endless mana. Either of those is going to mess with your gear, you'll need to find a bunch more elemental resist. This is the never ending gear puzzle - finding enough resists, increased AOE, and spell suppression while using the least number of affixes!

Then hunt for gem levels - so, better bow, then amulet and empower 4. You may be able to squeeze in awakened gems in between the bow and the rest - they aren't as expensive, but they don't really help much until you have the bow at the least.

After that you're in min/max territory, which truly is just for optics. :)
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
Turtledove escribió:
I wanted to pick up Ghost Dance on the skill tree. I was looking at the way that you fellows did it, Waff_Waff and Grimjack.

[ed: GrimJack answered this one Dec 13 so thanks! I wondering about the Thread of Hope Jewel. Is it really worth doing that for just those two passive skills in the very large ring? Or am I reading the tree wrong? I guess the skill effect duration passive skill is really that powerful?]

My bow and quiver are from an old caustic arrow build. What's the difference between mine and Maloney's Mechanism for the overall build? Based on some comments in the thread it seems Frenzy charge is the key to the answer? Tangential question, I bought a Maloney's but it was corrupt and I couldn't use the crafting bench on it. If I buy a not corrupted one can I then use jewelers, fusings, and chromes on it?

P.S. crafting the magic ring was a royal pain. It cost me well over a thousand orb of alterations (had to get despair twice). Is that expected RNG (ed: having to get despair twice is yes, I mean the 1400 alterations) or did I miss a better way than just slamming alts?

The thread of hope - if you buy a good one, you end up net positive resists, and you get 4 nodes off the tree that give you a decent DPS boost. Worth it? Well... you can go either way, either taking the thread for DPS, or heading for Atrophy on the right side. I'm *just* shy of having the strength requirements to abandon the left side of the tree, which is why my tree is a hybrid.

Your bow is fine. It's a little weak on the attack speed due to the base, but it'll certainly work. Quiver is good as well. Maloney's is a great option, mostly because you can reconfigure it for map clearing or single target. It's far better at clearing than a DPS quiver like yours, however, it's not as good for single target, so... /me shrugs. Ideally you could swap quivers if you wanted to run Sirus or whoever.

The Frenzy setup in Maloney's is really useful if you haven't moved to a chest with frenzy on hit. The chest with FoH really is the best option tho.

You can still craft a corrupt Maloney's using a variety of options... you can benchcraft the sockets using jewelers / fusings and an equal number of vaal orbs. Or you can use the new tainted jeweler / fusing orbs.

I crafted 2 of the curse on hit rings as well, and over 1k alts is excessive, but that's RNG. I used alts and annuls. I could have created an imprint using the beastcraft to shorten the process, but the ingredients for that are still 100c, so I didn't bother.
"
Tahk90 escribió:
I'm rerolled to champion from raider version and looks like champion is much better! Raider is too squishy. My currently gear:

POB: https://pastebin.com/7Ky6hm1h

Very nice build
Very nice setup! Just be careful with that Dying Sun flask. It's great for clearing maps, but it'll murder your DPS output if you hit it during a boss fight.
How far would 100ex take me with this build?

What kind of damage figures are we talking with that kind of investment?

Bored at end of league and wanted to respec to something strong for fun, but not going to go through the trouble if I need to spend a mirror to breeze through end game.
Editado por útlima vez por subiedude8 en 29 dic. 2021 14:50:06
"
subiedude8 escribió:
How far would 100ex take me with this build?

What kind of damage figures are we talking with that kind of investment?

Bored at end of league and wanted to respec to something strong for fun, but not going to go through the trouble if I need to spend a mirror to breeze through end game.
That kind of investment puts you deep into min/max territory. I was running juiced T16s with under 50ex gear, and I was running regular rare corrupt t16s with 12ex gear.

This isn't a build that requires a HH or Mageblood. Can it benefit from those? Sure, but it's absolutely optional.
"
grimjack68 escribió:

That kind of investment puts you deep into min/max territory. I was running juiced T16s with under 50ex gear, and I was running regular rare corrupt t16s with 12ex gear.

This isn't a build that requires a HH or Mageblood. Can it benefit from those? Sure, but it's absolutely optional.

Thanks for the prompt response. Couple of follow-up questions. Are you able to run fully juiced Nemesis 3 T16 Tropicals? How fast is end game bossing for you? Can you handle content like the Formed juiced? Mind posting your POB so I have a frame of reference? If all of the above is checked off for under 50ex, sounds good to me.
Editado por útlima vez por subiedude8 en 29 dic. 2021 15:41:58
"
subiedude8 escribió:
"
grimjack68 escribió:

Thanks for the prompt response. Couple of follow-up questions. Are you able to run fully juiced Nemesis 3 T16 Tropicals? How fast is end game bossing for you? Can you handle content like the Formed juiced? Mind posting your POB so I have a frame of reference? If all of the above is checked off for under 50ex, sounds good to me.
Afraid I'm not going to be a great example for most of that, but I'll help where I can.

I haven't run juiced Tropicals, or the Nem3 strat. I've been solo grinding level 99 on juiced alleyways - usually without delirium, but occasionally 20%. I'm not eager to try new risks when I'm in the middle of a level grind at such a high level, so a bunch of the content I haven't touched in quite a while.

Endgame map bosses are trivial, a second or so at most. Sirus / Cat / Elder etc are longer. Ideally you should reconfigure for them. In my case, I'd drop Maloney's quiver and replace it with a DPS quiver and mess with my Pantheon. I can't recall how long it took to kill those the last time I ran them... it wasn't that fast, but it wasn't terrible, either.

The worst I've run The Formed so far is rare, and they released one at a time. It was easy.

Here's my current setup. Keep in mind this is tuned for tank and fast clearing - it does ok with bossing, but could absolutely be set up better.

https://pastebin.com/yMVcmPmG

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional