[3.15?] (Archived) Ball Lightning Miner | Facetank Sirus | Destroy All content

"
Alspher escribió:
"Enduring mana flask - As said above, you must have this flask because it increases both smoothness of the build and survivability. Look for these stats. It is recommended to use Divine mana flask for maximum recovery rate.
Prefix : Enduring (MANDATORY)
Suffix : Catarina Avoid Stun, this can be received by adding a veiled mod via Aisling in research"

How is it possible to put a veiled mod in a magic bottle? The table asks for a rare item!

hmm i did remember getting it from Aisling, might've changed over the time and I didn't noticed, though I do remember you can craft that mod with your crafting bench

Yes it do appear that particular information is invalid now, but anyway thx for pointing that out
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
Editado por útlima vez por Remicaster1 en 26 jul. 2020 10:48:33
"
Remicaster1 escribió:
"
Alspher escribió:
"Enduring mana flask - As said above, you must have this flask because it increases both smoothness of the build and survivability. Look for these stats. It is recommended to use Divine mana flask for maximum recovery rate.
Suffix : Catarina Avoid Stun, this can be received by adding a veiled mod via Aisling in research"

How is it possible to put a veiled mod in a magic bottle? The table asks for a rare item!

hmm i did remember getting it from Aisling, might've changed over the time and I didn't noticed, though I do remember you can craft that mod with your crafting bench

Yes it do appear that particular information is invalid now, but anyway thx for pointing that out

I'm unsure if there are additional ways of receiving this craft, but to my current knowledge it's received by being lucky when unveiling Cinderswallow Urns from Syndicate Mastermind runs. You can also alternatively purchase them veiled on Trade and hope for good luck there too, if you've got a few ex to drop on chances. The same applies to the 60-80% Increased Critical Strike Chance mod that Faendris runs on their Enduring Mana flask.
Editado por útlima vez por Sigthorne en 26 jul. 2020 11:33:43
"
seevildancer escribió:
Another question about the choose of Mystic Bulwark, Prodigal Perfection and Annihilation or Saboteur+Assassination+Soul Siphon when you have big + med cluster.

In POB, it shows the first choice gives me more mana, more DPS.
But why Saboteur+Assassination is selected in this guide?
Is it because the DPS provided by Saboteur+Assassination cannot be show in POB easily?

My POB: https://pastebin.com/rGFYZ2fQ

Mine throwing speed and max remote mines (correctly) aren't represented in avg hit, because that's not a stat those things affect. Assuming swift assembly, adding 2 remote mines is 11.8% more mines, which translate to that amount of initial burst DPS increase on bosses you get to set up for. For me, the mine throwing speed knocks off 0.01 throwing time which translates to 6.2% faster throwing and thus 6.2% more sustained DPS, and also smoother mapping. In addition, the Saboteur+Assassination branch is significantly less points than getting Annihilation, Mystic Bulwark, and Prodigal Perfection.
At what point does Arc become a better choice over Ball Lightning? Or I should say, what gear or passive requirements are necessary to swap in order to make it more viable?

I switched out my BL gem for a 21/23 Arc, and Slower Projectiles for Trap and Mine Damage Support - as per the build changes Faendris outlined that they'd made - but I would say that so far, whilst clear speed feels like it's increased somewhat, it feels like my single target damage has dropped a fair bit.

I'm currently set up with a pair of Sambar Sceptres (that I'm still in the process of rolling, but getting there):

Mostly using the gear setup from the original post (only just started reading into the recent forum posts on crafting recommendations, such as the Blue Pearl Amulet, Stygian Vise and Fingerless Silk Gloves, which I'm in the slow process now of crafting). So still using the unique amulet and rings, then my armour setup (still rerolling resistances as they appear in grove) is as:

Sitting on Brewed For Potency and Distilled Perfection on my medium jewels so far, as I've still not bothered rerolling them since the jewel socket changes were made a couple of weeks ago. Large only has Disorienting Display, haven't gotten around to rolling Scintillating and Snowstorm yet.

Ascendencies I'm using PF and Hierophant based on the recommendations from week 2 or so into the league, predominantly for the additional MoM (especially as I don't have a MoM Watcher's Eye).

Any general recommendations for what I should be doing differently? I'm feeling pretty comfortable with most content, A8 Sirus I can manage with some degree of difficulty when I can avoid being oneshot by gigabeams (but had no issues with previous awakening levels), Shaper and Elder are fine (still get fucked by Uber Elder, but mostly mechanical issues rather than build), Chayula and Uber Atziri have been no issue.

But then when it comes to a good few T16 bosses, I'm looking at anywhere from 30s-1min if not longer for some Guardians like Minotaur. For grove bosses, I'm looking at 5 minutes+ for some singles (Primal), or nearly 20-30 minutes for a 4 stack of T4 wilds.

Is our single-target damage meant to be this low when we're not getting the benefits from chaos vulnerable bosses, or am I doing something horribly wrong?

Many thanks!
"
Sigthorne escribió:
At what point does Arc become a better choice over Ball Lightning? Or I should say, what gear or passive requirements are necessary to swap in order to make it more viable?

I switched out my BL gem for a 21/23 Arc, and Slower Projectiles for Trap and Mine Damage Support - as per the build changes Faendris outlined that they'd made - but I would say that so far, whilst clear speed feels like it's increased somewhat, it feels like my single target damage has dropped a fair bit.

I'm currently set up with a pair of Sambar Sceptres (that I'm still in the process of rolling, but getting there):

Mostly using the gear setup from the original post (only just started reading into the recent forum posts on crafting recommendations, such as the Blue Pearl Amulet, Stygian Vise and Fingerless Silk Gloves, which I'm in the slow process now of crafting). So still using the unique amulet and rings, then my armour setup (still rerolling resistances as they appear in grove) is as:

Sitting on Brewed For Potency and Distilled Perfection on my medium jewels so far, as I've still not bothered rerolling them since the jewel socket changes were made a couple of weeks ago. Large only has Disorienting Display, haven't gotten around to rolling Scintillating and Snowstorm yet.

Ascendencies I'm using PF and Hierophant based on the recommendations from week 2 or so into the league, predominantly for the additional MoM (especially as I don't have a MoM Watcher's Eye).

Any general recommendations for what I should be doing differently? I'm feeling pretty comfortable with most content, A8 Sirus I can manage with some degree of difficulty when I can avoid being oneshot by gigabeams (but had no issues with previous awakening levels), Shaper and Elder are fine (still get fucked by Uber Elder, but mostly mechanical issues rather than build), Chayula and Uber Atziri have been no issue.

But then when it comes to a good few T16 bosses, I'm looking at anywhere from 30s-1min if not longer for some Guardians like Minotaur. For grove bosses, I'm looking at 5 minutes+ for some singles (Primal), or nearly 20-30 minutes for a 4 stack of T4 wilds.

Is our single-target damage meant to be this low when we're not getting the benefits from chaos vulnerable bosses, or am I doing something horribly wrong?

Many thanks!

Are you chaining your mines correctly? If you detonate 1 by 1 you are on a 5 link. Your gear seems fine. I can't check the jewels on mobile though.

I also tried Arc but the single target was shit. It probably would be ok if I dropped the explody mace (Faendris has dual scepters). The clearspeed was clearly better though.
Editado por útlima vez por Yalpe en 26 jul. 2020 14:38:23
"
Yalpe escribió:
Are you chaining your mines correctly? If you detonate 1 by 1 you are on a 5 link. Your gear seems fine. I can't check the jewels on mobile though.

I also tried Arc but the single target was shit. It probably would be ok if I dropped the explody mace (Faendris has dual scepters).

I usually do a combination of letting mines build up before bursting them, and just constantly holding down throw and detonate, depending on how mobile the boss is. Obviously stacking them up gives more initial damage burst, but it's not a huge amount extra mid-fight compared to the time it takes to build up a full stack again. Not sure if that's mechanically correct or not, it's my first mine build?
"
Sigthorne escribió:

Arc will never come close to Ball Lightning for single target. However, it does have better clearing in most situations, especially large open spaces. I would not recommend permanently swapping to Arc for everything. I use Arc for general mapping, and ball lightning for major bosses and delving. For that use pattern, Awakened Lightning Pen is superior to trap and mine damage due to the throwing speed penalty that the latter applies. As for when to switch to Arc, based on the other gear you're posting you may not be there yet, but you'll have to feel that out on your own based on how much longer bosses take to kill vs the increase in mapping speed.

As Yalpe mentioned, be sure that against bosses you are stacking up a bunch of mines (preferably to your max) before detonating. Triggering 19 mins in a single chain vs 19 mines individually is ~45% more damage.

"
Sigthorne escribió:

If you're trying to make endgame gear, neither of these pieces is on the right track. For gloves, you really want culling strike and unnerve on hit. For belt, the most valuable stat you can have by far is mana recovery rate. This stat affects both our passive mana regen and our mana recovery from flasks. Duration is nice but we already get a lot of that already so it's not really necessary. Reduced flask charges used is also pretty unnecessary, I don't think I've EVER run out of flask charges and I do not have it. the Flask life recovery rate mod does not work on our recovery, because the life recovery is coming from Indigon, not from flasks.

Here are my pieces for those slots, both are easy to make for a fairly reasonable price with harvest crafting:

"
Sigthorne escribió:
"
Remicaster1 escribió:
"
Alspher escribió:

I'm unsure if there are additional ways of receiving this craft, but to my current knowledge it's received by being lucky when unveiling Cinderswallow Urns from Syndicate Mastermind runs. You can also alternatively purchase them veiled on Trade and hope for good luck there too, if you've got a few ex to drop on chances. The same applies to the 60-80% Increased Critical Strike Chance mod that Faendris runs on their Enduring Mana flask.

Hello, Sigthorne!
You're right. It worked with Cinderswallow Urn and then with the mana bottle in my crafting bench.

Remicaster1, can you update the information in the section on the flasks?
oh, Thanks for the build.
"
Dolmur escribió:

Arc will never come close to Ball Lightning for single target. However, it does have better clearing in most situations, especially large open spaces. I would not recommend permanently swapping to Arc for everything. I use Arc for general mapping, and ball lightning for major bosses and delving. For that use pattern, Awakened Lightning Pen is superior to trap and mine damage due to the throwing speed penalty that the latter applies. As for when to switch to Arc, based on the other gear you're posting you may not be there yet, but you'll have to feel that out on your own based on how much longer bosses take to kill vs the increase in mapping speed.

As Yalpe mentioned, be sure that against bosses you are stacking up a bunch of mines (preferably to your max) before detonating. Triggering 19 mins in a single chain vs 19 mines individually is ~45% more damage.

"
Sigthorne escribió:

If you're trying to make endgame gear, neither of these pieces is on the right track. For gloves, you really want culling strike and unnerve on hit. For belt, the most valuable stat you can have by far is mana recovery rate. This stat affects both our passive mana regen and our mana recovery from flasks. Duration is nice but we already get a lot of that already so it's not really necessary. Reduced flask charges used is also pretty unnecessary, I don't think I've EVER run out of flask charges and I do not have it. the Flask life recovery rate mod does not work on our recovery, because the life recovery is coming from Indigon, not from flasks.

Here are my pieces for those slots, both are easy to make for a fairly reasonable price with harvest crafting:

Thanks for the advice, yeah I think it'll make more sense to swap out gems on the fly, the only minor downside I can see from this is missing passives specific to each of the main gems (or having to carry lots of regrets to swap all the time), as I believe Faendris specs into a couple of chaining passives, not sure if there's anything extra.

Appreciate the gear links, currently working on crafting both of those (although current Stygian I'm crafting is based on the link in the community crafting guides section), main limiting factor for me at the moment is no Awakener Orbs, and no spare ex to buy them just yet. I built the gloves based on the specs in the original guide, but I imagine it's a little outdated for the crafting capabilities we have this league!

Thanks again for the tips.
"
Sigthorne escribió:

I usually do a combination of letting mines build up before bursting them, and just constantly holding down throw and detonate, depending on how mobile the boss is. Obviously stacking them up gives more initial damage burst, but it's not a huge amount extra mid-fight compared to the time it takes to build up a full stack again. Not sure if that's mechanically correct or not, it's my first mine build?

I think that detonating again will reset the counter, so I would not hold both buttons. What I do is stack 19, detonate, let 250ms go before I spam mines holding the button. That way you can go over 25 detonations if you have good throw speed.

If you hit the cap of 19 again it will stop the chain so its important to practice a bit to maximize it.
Editado por útlima vez por Yalpe en 26 jul. 2020 17:39:06

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional