[3.15?] (Archived) Ball Lightning Miner | Facetank Sirus | Destroy All content

Hey Guys, I just started playing this build , passive tree is coming together still.

could you guys look at my equipment and tell me what I'd upgrade next ? I know the Belt could have higher life, working on it. Appreciate your thoughts.

Editado por útlima vez por Davwader en 26 jul. 2020 19:14:32
I noticed on poe ninja a few people using Call of the brotherhood for cold conservation with BL mines. I did not see mention of that (I could have missed it). Does anyone have thoughts on that?
"
Davwader escribió:
Hey Guys, I just started playing this build , passive tree is coming together still.

could you guys look at my equipment and tell me what I'd upgrade next ? I know the Belt could have higher life, working on it. Appreciate your thoughts.

Your first goal should be to reach 5k mana ASAP. Why?

- Cap Omeyocan (you're missing 10% attack and spell dodge)
- Improve damage (do an experiment, add 900 mana on any item in pob and check the difference, you should get at least 20% from arcane cloak alone, and another 20% from indigon)
- Improve survivability (almost double the buff from arcane cloak)

You can get 500 mana just by taking the battle rouse wheel. Another 300 with arcane chemistry. Arcane will is another 250. Primal Spirit another 250 (plus you can drop Physique for an extra point). Druidic Rites another 300. The node next to heart and soul and next to dynamo is another 150.

Drop the life flask and use Atziri's Promise to compensate the damage loss from the tree updates plus you get a ton of Chaos Resistence for survivability. You won't need it with 5k mana trust me.

Doing just this with the flask is a sub 10 chaos upgrade and it will make a world of difference trust me. https://pastebin.com/BayjyZZS. I had to drop the second medium cluster jewel setup and swap the mediums to keep liquid inspiration, remove thread of hope (caps your lightning resist) to replace the jewel lost. You can put it back once you get a double socket large (can't you vendor it to upgrade btw??). Also dropped physique and crackling speed wheel.

After that you can start on gear. Jewels should have 10% increased mana not life. Getting another liquid inspiration is another 150 mana or so. You probably want at least one scepter with a 100+ mana roll (T5 I think). That should get you to 5000 easy. Get an indigon with 25% damage roll. Its huge.
Editado por útlima vez por Yalpe en 26 jul. 2020 20:04:56
"
Yalpe escribió:
"
Sigthorne escribió:

I usually do a combination of letting mines build up before bursting them, and just constantly holding down throw and detonate, depending on how mobile the boss is. Obviously stacking them up gives more initial damage burst, but it's not a huge amount extra mid-fight compared to the time it takes to build up a full stack again. Not sure if that's mechanically correct or not, it's my first mine build?

I think that detonating again will reset the counter, so I would not hold both buttons. What I do is stack 19, detonate, let 250ms go before I spam mines holding the button. That way you can go over 25 detonations if you have good throw speed.

If you hit the cap of 19 again it will stop the chain so its important to practice a bit to maximize it.

What's going on there isn't exactly that you're hitting 19 mines, you can sometimes hit your mine cap again and it won't break the detonation sequence. The issue is that mine chains choose the next mine in the sequence before actually detonating it (which IMO is just a bad coding choice), so if the chosen mine is destroyed before it detonates, the detonation sequence is lost. Once you're at max mines any new mines will have to destroy old mines. This means that if you go 1 mine over the cap, you have a 1 in 19 chance of breaking your detonation sequence. The more mines you throw over cap after your detonation sequence has started, the higher chance this will happen.
Editado por útlima vez por Dolmur en 26 jul. 2020 21:27:04
"
Dolmur escribió:
"
Yalpe escribió:
"
Sigthorne escribió:

I usually do a combination of letting mines build up before bursting them, and just constantly holding down throw and detonate, depending on how mobile the boss is. Obviously stacking them up gives more initial damage burst, but it's not a huge amount extra mid-fight compared to the time it takes to build up a full stack again. Not sure if that's mechanically correct or not, it's my first mine build?

I think that detonating again will reset the counter, so I would not hold both buttons. What I do is stack 19, detonate, let 250ms go before I spam mines holding the button. That way you can go over 25 detonations if you have good throw speed.

If you hit the cap of 19 again it will stop the chain so its important to practice a bit to maximize it.

What's going on there isn't exactly that you're hitting 19 mines, you can sometimes hit your mine cap again and it won't break the explosion chain. The issue is that mine chains choose the next mine in the sequence before actually detonating it (which IMO is just a bad coding choice), so if the chosen mine is destroyed before it detonates, the detonation sequence is lost. Once you're at max mines any new mines will have to destroy old mines. This means that if you go 1 mine over the cap, you have a 1 in 19 chance of breaking your detonation sequence. The more mines you throw over cap after your detonation sequence has started, the higher chance this will happen.

That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the explanation. I just thought it ended on cap.
I have a question about the use of 2 different weapon sets i am a newer player so it confuses me a bit

Thanks mate
Editado por útlima vez por vietdungvnn en 27 jul. 2020 4:25:07
"
DreamyOnPC escribió:
I have a question about the use of 2 different weapon sets i am a newer player so it confuses me a bit

Best to ask the question, rather than waiting for somebody to respond, that way you're more likely to get a response as it's less back and forth to engage with.

Do you have a more specific question, or is it just along the lines of "why do people have 2 weapon sets?" / "what's the point?". I would say that it's rare you'll actually be using your second weapon set for content (there's some crazy builds out there, so can't speak for every possibility, but it's not the norm). The typical usage of second weapon sets is for levelling very expensive skill gems to flip for a profit, such as Awakened Support Gems and the Enlighten/Empower/Enhance gems. As such, it's generally a good idea to apply "+% to quality of socketed gems" to these weapons, as Enlighten/Empower/Enhance all have increased xp scaling with gem quality.

Personally, I'm lazy and aside from maybe the odd 1 or 2 quick profit skill gems, I just use mine to slot a portal gem and be done with it.
When should I switch to Heirophant? I just got my second medium cluster jewel and I feel like I don't have enough skill points at lvl 92 while having all those passives allocated near the shadow wheel.
Editado por útlima vez por SarahTeddyToasty en 27 jul. 2020 12:02:39
"
SarahTeddyToasty escribió:
When should I switch to Heirophant? I just got my second medium cluster jewel and I feel like I don't have enough skill points at lvl 92 while having all those passives allocated near the shadow wheel.

Personally, I swapped around 86/87. If you're following the end-game passive tree, then you may notice if you compare, that you currently have quite a few passives around the Saboteur node area that would have been refunded by now and respecced into filling up cluster jewels. I'm also at 92, and I've had completely filled 1x large and 2x filled mediums since 91.

The other thing I'd say is look at places where you're allocating early, that could be better spent into the cluster jewels. Personally I've been ignoring the 3 nodes with a jewel slot above the Acrobatics notable until I have enough spare passives to allocate most of the cluster jewel all at once, and am instead using it to temporarily add %Mana from the small passives to the right of the Chaos Inoculation notable.

But that second section should be pretty unnecessary if you're at 92, a simple reallocation would set your tree in a better order, with additional points to spare as well if you don't have a Thread of Hope to grab Assassination and Blast Cascade.

EDIT: It's worth noting that PoB suggests better general results with removing the Thread of Hope allocations, and removing the 5 nodes after Heart and Soul up to Annihalation, then allocating them into the Saboteur/Assassination section you're currently specced in - but, I've only ran those PoB numbers against my current build gear. The difference isn't huge, and I can't say how much better it is if you aren't recouping the spell crit and damage elsewhere (like on the endgame weapon craft). If in doubt, import your character into PoB and run the numbers!
Editado por útlima vez por Sigthorne en 27 jul. 2020 12:49:21

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional