[3.9] Aziire's Deadeye Galvanic Arrow - Maximum Projectile Speed/AoE, God Speed!

"
xkenx escribió:
Here's what I'm playing with at lvl 88. Still dying on T9-T10 maps, and don't really have the map bank to push higher tier maps, but likely will die there too. Haven't ever played a ranged character before, so that's likely the issue.

Build is really fun so far though!

You are dying because you are not even resistance capped at level 88.
Which isn't weird with the amounts of uniques you are using.
Also you only have 3.5k life.

This build has shitty single target damage without a proper single target setup.
I've seen people using a chinsol and blastrain + dying sun which got them over 1mil dps.

Your build barely manages to get 100k, which is not enough for bosses and metamorphs.

I would buy a rare belt, helm and gloves to get some extra life and resistance.

Editado por útlima vez por Gomlll en 24 dic. 2019 4:24:13
Strange, I have 80-88 in all resists except chaos resist which is at -60%!
"
xkenx escribió:

I imported you to pob and it said: fire 65%, lightning 69%. Maybe you run an aura that i didnt see. But I would double check this, also get some more life ;) and maybe a good single target setup.
"
Gomlll escribió:
"
xkenx escribió:

I imported you to pob and it said: fire 65%, lightning 69%. Maybe you run an aura that i didnt see. But I would double check this, also get some more life ;) and maybe a good single target setup.

What about me? i hve 4374 hp and capped resist... I still get one shotted by strong tier 7 metamorphs or baran certain attacks. Could it be map modifier ?

Trying to push this far as i can and wouldn't mind some of your insight on the matter.

- I have enough res to get a unique helm, having a hard time picking one.
Fractal? Starks? Devo? I don't know.
- I can replace my neck, the fat cone is just such a great QOL of life. A
wraths auls would be dope but its way to pricey atm.
- Chest is kind of open, Hyrris would give me the best single target but the
5L Shroud would give me 20%+ inc life, might save me from the occasional
oneshot in t13+ but messes up the curse on hit/herald setup.
- Could get some WED on the belt.
- I use faster proj over hypothermia just for some QoL, i understand its better.

Anyways, if you spot some inefficiencies let me know, been kinda doing my own thing.

Thanks in advance if you get back to me.
"
trisol escribió:
The endgame boss damage might be lacking for anyone using Hypothermia Support as their last link. The builds Cold damage is pitiful, even with Hyrri's Ire and Hyyri's Demise it almost certainly isn't enough to Chill Sirus, let alone 4 Watchstone Conquerors. With 474 Dex using Hyrri's Demise and Ire, Chin Sol at close range instead of Voltaxic, and the Cold Conversion nodes, my average Cold damage from each hit against bosses is only about 3 000 (Twice as much as OP's PoB link with Chill ALREADY TICKED and Frenzy charges from ???). The Ailment Threshold is unknown atm, but we do know from the 3.9 patch notes that a hit has to be .4% of the threshold in order to Chill by 5%.

"
The minimum Shock and Chill value is now 5% (from 1%). To reach the minimum, you must deal 0.4% of a monster's Ailment Threshold with the associated element in a single hit.

So we should be able to use the a formula to find what we would need the Ailment Threshold to be for our hit to Chill, and make an inference from there on whether or not that sounds like a reasonable value for the Ailment Threshold to be at.

x=y/.4% where x is the maximum value the Ailment Threshold for a target can be such that a Cold damage hit of y (3 000 in this case) will Chill by at least 5%.

This gives an Ailment Threshold maximum of 750 000 that can be Chilled by a hit of 3 000 Cold damage.

For reference, the old value to 1% Chill Shaper (~18 000 000 hp) and get Hypothermia Support's damage multiplier was a single hit of ~60 000 Cold damage. I think from all of this information we can reasonably infer that even though GGG has made it 'much easier' to Chill monsters because of the Ailment Threshold, that it is NOT 20 times easier to Chill them for 5x the value. A 4 Watchstone Conqueror is practically the equivalent of t16 map Guardians, so they potentially have about the same hp (~10 000 000) and even accounting for THAT we aren't even close to within range.

IMO, the most reasonable high end would be ~4 000 000, which is the base hp of a T15 map boss, again out of range. Even HALVING that it is still far out of reach. This values does, however, prove to be reachable when focusing on cold damage, a cold skill, a skill with a higher damage multiplier, or even just using cold damage items. What prevents that last one from working with this build is actually BARRAGE SUPPORT and, to a lesser extent, GALVANIC ARROW itself. Many small hits means lower ailment values as one of the tradeoffs, and Barrage Support has a 64% less damage multiplier in exchange for a MASSIVE dps increase based on projectiles. Think of it like Elemental Focus Support because it basically is against bosses. Galvanic Arrow has a 198% damage multiplier when its projectiles and cone overlap, but it is split into two 98% damage multiplier hits. This build can only Shock, assuming a 2 000 000 Ailment Threshold, because of the changes, and that is also greatly diminished because of the Barrage Support choice, probably capping between 5-10% in very good gear, 10-20% with Voltaxic (74% MORE Shock effect).

So, yeah, Lightning skill with Barrage Support means no chill, means no Hypothermia, means 5L damage vs bosses when you expect 6L damage, means build feels underwhelming vs bosses. As for which gem to use instead, the fact that you know you won't be inflicting >10% Shock means Elemental Focus is actually considerable! Use Lightning Penetration if you use Galvanic Arrow as your clear skill / have enough damage to actually benefit from Shock (My Lightning damage range is around 20 000, so that's what I do). Use Slower Projectiles instead are using Voltaxic Rift, Lightning Penetration if you use Galvanic Arrow as your clear skill. Lightning Arrow can also be used to get some decent Shock up time with much high potency, it even Shocks as if dealing 3x damage, and scales AMAZINGLY well with Voltaxic (12x total!).

TL:DR Barrage Support has a trade off in ailment effects by causing many small hits, you likely aren't Chilling or Shocking endgame bosses using Barrage Support. Don't use Hypothermia Support with this build unless you think the Ailment Threshold is under 1 000 000 and your Cold damage range in PoB is like 5 000. Use Slower Projectiles with Voltaxic Rift, Lightning Penetration or Elemental Focus with other bows. Watch https://youtu.be/e9oDSyat5dw?t=174 and decide for yourself if OP is Chilling or Shocking that boss if you disagree.

Sorry OP, kinda comes across as bashing you! My character wouldn't exist and be doing very well if I didn't have somewhere to start from with your guide, Thank You!

EDIT: Forgot crit multiplier, 425% ish, kinda huge. Chill will happen if the Cold damage crit is about 16 000 if the Ailment Threshold is 4 000 000. Definitely safe to use Hypothermia if you have around 3 000 hit cold damage. Using the new unique Painseeker drops that to 1 000, definitely worth it as that synergizes to Diablo 3 level of numbers with Voltaxic Rift and Lightning Arrow for Shock (Shock as if dealing 24-36x damage).

This is very interesting, I'm not using hypothermia but Innervate as I'm focusing on pure Lightning damage and not having any issues with bosses or anything in T11-12 maps but after reading this went against a metamorph and saw I didn't shock even once, just when I kill one minion, want to try elemental focus but that messes up HoT, will try increased crit damage and see if that makes it easier to shock bosses.
Editado por útlima vez por thecronosone en 24 dic. 2019 16:12:40
"
FearlessKiller escribió:
"
Gomlll escribió:
"
xkenx escribió:

What about me? i hve 4374 hp and capped resist... I still get one shotted by strong tier 7 metamorphs or baran certain attacks. Could it be map modifier ?

First of all, bow builds are very squishy and surviving bosses has been about knowing the mechanics and doing so much damage that you will kill them in a few seconds. (and dodge which is total rng)

With this league you encounter a lot of bosses and you will need to learn the new mechanics. I've seen people getting killed in a second with 7k+ hp or 10k+ es. So 4k is not enough, however on a bow build you will not get a whole lot more.

Also you need to invest a lot of currency, bow builds are VERY expensive especially if you want to kill bosses comfortably.(30ex+ )
Thats why you should not use a bow build as league start, especially if you are a newish player.

Your resistances are fine and hp is okey. It's very important to get some levels especially on a bow build you want to be lvl 90+.

Also roll a better life flask with instant heal and get rid of the second life flask replace it with atziri's promise (this will give you life leech and more damage). Then I would roll a better stibnite flask you can get "increased evasion rating by x-100%" (you can use bestiary for this). This will increase your dodge chance and please get remove bleed on one of your flasks.

Then you just need a lot more damage, your damage is very low and this is a problem, you will need a six link eventually.

For single target I see you have ensnaring arrow+ totem which is very nice defo put 3 of them next to the boss. Also make sure to stay close to the boss to abuse the pointblank note. And for single target I would use a chinsol and probably a different skill then galvanic arrow, maybe blast rain or something.

Hopefully this helps a bit ;)

Does ensnaring arrow work with this build? It has so much pierce I have never seen it work pinning down any target
I have a 6 link tempest/prismweave etc.... can not kill T1 metamorphs they won shot me, which means I can earn currenct of improve build
"
I have a 6 link tempest/prismweave etc.... can not kill T1 metamorphs they won shot me, which means I can earn currenct of improve build

Your gear is terrible and you won't survive a thing unless you improve that. Most of your pieces arent even worth an alch. None of pieces are linked besides your bow. You have an dangerously low life pool and all your gems need leveling to scale that damage.

Try following the guide in the gem section, get some utility and start grinding levels. Ignore metamorphs to start if they give you issues until you get 4k+ life and some damage in. I'm sure you have a few alchemy orbs and chaos lying around so grab some high life / mid resist gear and complete all your links. Especially a CWDT setup.
Editado por útlima vez por FunkR en 25 dic. 2019 1:40:50

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional