[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Using my Sentinel Character I made few tests. "With my current gear" I need around 210 Unreserved mana to cast all at once (icestorm, ball lightning, wave of conviction and vortex) and not miss any curse, exposure, chill or storm.

With that in mind, messing with the PoB, I made 2 trees. One with block(with less damage but more tankyness) and another with almost no block (more damage). Both are using an Emperor's Wit Jewel, that is not needed at all, can be replaced with a Brute Force with no problem!

PoB.: https://pastebin.com/9GyZgSJ6

no block tree:

classic block tree:

Follow the changes:

- Energy Shield Mastery = Discipline has 25% Increased Mana Reservation Efficiency;

- All Brute Force / Fertile Mind Jewels have 2% Increased Mana Reservation Efficiency;

- For Block tree only, added 2 points near "Influence" notable, to have 2% Increased Mana Reservation Efficiency.

SUMARY:

To have all Auras running (Discipline, Purity of Elements, Hatred, Clarity and Aspect of the Spider) with mid budget you need:

- Helmet with Hatred or Purity of Elements have 30% Increased Mana Reservation Efficiency;

- 1x Enlighten lvl 4

- Nodes til Sovereignty;

- Energy Shield Mastery = Discipline has 25% Increased Mana Reservation Efficiency;

- All Brute Force / Fertile Mind Jewels have 2% Increased Mana Reservation Efficiency;

- Using the block tree, need to alocate 8% Increased Mana Reservation Efficiency near "Influence".

Seems that both still viable, just lost a little ES.
Editado por útlima vez por whiterockxx en 4 ago. 2022 2:58:40
Is Aspect of the Spider really necessary though? I was running the Ascendant version this league without it and managed to do all the endgame content (minus uber pinnacle versions) with absolute ease.
"
Jaden00 escribió:
Is Aspect of the Spider really necessary though? I was running the Ascendant version this league without it and managed to do all the endgame content (minus uber pinnacle versions) with absolute ease.

Not necessary at all, but keep in mind that Aspect of the Spider gives you + 15% damage. In PoE, faster you kill, less times you die. To do Pinnacle Bosses you need damage. Without it, The Whispering Ice builds cannot survive.

Follow below my character on Sentinel league, alerdy removed the 15% Increased Mana Reservation Efficiency from mastery and changed the jewels.

Poe Ninja:
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/whiterockxx/White_Sentinel

PoE Profile:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/whiterockxx/characters/White_Sentinel

Alerdy tested the content today and done with success:

- Uber Pinnacle Bosses (All)
- The Feared +100% IIQ
- Simulacrum Wave 30
- Flawless Chayula

The build is working fine with mid-high and high budget gear. With low, low-mid and mid budget gear there will be limitations for sure!

Lets see what happens when the patch notes arrive, and pray for a change that make the Storms drop faster, to help on clear speed for maps that are the downside of the build. The boss aspect of the build is fine.
Realy liking the idea to start the league with this build. Will follow this topis until patch notes are out.
"
Krazy_X escribió:
Realy liking the idea to start the league with this build. Will follow this topis until patch notes are out.

I've league started whispering ice several times, even in SSF. Its by far my favorite skill in the game.

Its OK. its not fast. Its not particularly good early. But if you wanna grind out some white and yellow maps for a day before progressing straight to reds, its perfectly fine.

But its not a league starter that will be crushing t16s on day 2.

end of day 2 gear usually consists of

6sock whispering ice, theyre usually so cheap i put a second one in my weapon swap. one for map one for boss. - you lose leveling up gems to corrupt in your swap but its so convenient.

incandescent heart
15% black sun crest 20ish c
t1 intel essence on rings and gloves. 5-10c each
Inya's boots or stampede 5-10c
A few of the unique jewels.
Astramentis 20-30c
Cyclopean coil 30c

I usually run endless heist for chaos recipe until i have the pieces above then push all the way into red maps with the baseline gear i listed above.
This is typically enough to put you over 1k int
Editado por útlima vez por AdamSanders en 4 ago. 2022 13:45:47
"
AdamSanders escribió:
"
Krazy_X escribió:

I've league started whispering ice several times, even in SSF. Its by far my favorite skill in the game.

Its OK. its not fast. Its not particularly good early. But if you wanna grind out some white and yellow maps for a day before progressing straight to reds, its perfectly fine.

But its not a league starter that will be crushing t16s on day 2.

6sock whispering ice, theyre usually so cheap i put a second one in my weapon swap. one for map one for boss. - you lose leveling up gems to corrupt in your swap but its so convenient.

incandescent heart
Astramentis 20-30c
Cyclopean coil 30c

I usually run endless heist for chaos recipe until i have the pieces above then push all the way into red maps with the baseline gear i listed above.

Thanks for the answer. I'll start late as i'll be working at launch time. I'll probably start 12 hours after launch and will play very slow, 1-2h a day max.
"
AdamSanders escribió:

incandescent heart
Astramentis 20-30c
Cyclopean coil 30c

The above gear will be mostly replaced. I wouldn't follow that plan.

1. Best use for deafening essence of spite is on 15% int rare belts.

1a. It'll cost you a lot of essences to get good ES and/or resists on gloves or rings. Last league the deafenings were 2c-3c in the first week.

2. Go for stampede as soon as you can afford one.

3. Don't buy astramentis, buy 3 polymath cards instead.

4. Don't bother with cyclopean coil at all.

5. Go with a rare helm ideally ilvl 75-79 with 43 int, good ES, and a free suffix. Start with that, don't get distracted with the black sun. Slam a hunter orb on that helm when you an afford one.

6. Ditto on the chest -- go with a rare regalia with lots of ES, 51+ int, and a free suffix for the 6% craft. It appears to be worthwhile to give up the 12% int bonus from crusader orb for the eater implicit (% damage reduction per int.)

7. Every league the 6S 18% staves are way too expensive to buy in the first week; you're better off using orbs to try for 5S initially and then 6S eventually. Make sure to 20% qual the staff first.

8. 6% int synthesized rings were reportedly only about 2ex each first week. That's a good time to snatch two of them as they quickly rose to 15-20ex in week two and later.
Editado por útlima vez por Graiaule en 5 ago. 2022 19:33:48
"
whiterockxx escribió:
"
Jaden00 escribió:

Not necessary at all, but keep in mind that Aspect of the Spider gives you + 15% damage. In PoE, faster you kill, less times you die. To do Pinnacle Bosses you need damage. Without it, The Whispering Ice builds cannot survive.

Follow below my character on Sentinel league, alerdy removed the 15% Increased Mana Reservation Efficiency from mastery and changed the jewels.

Poe Ninja:
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/whiterockxx/White_Sentinel

PoE Profile:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/whiterockxx/characters/White_Sentinel

Alerdy tested the content today and done with success:

- Uber Pinnacle Bosses (All)
- The Feared +100% IIQ
- Simulacrum Wave 30
- Flawless Chayula

The build is working fine with mid-high and high budget gear. With low, low-mid and mid budget gear there will be limitations for sure!

Lets see what happens when the patch notes arrive, and pray for a change that make the Storms drop faster, to help on clear speed for maps that are the downside of the build. The boss aspect of the build is fine.

Cant you get 10% on the helmet at the cost of int through essences and get the rest on jewels?
"
whiterockxx escribió:
Using my Sentinel Character I made few tests. "With my current gear" I need around 210 Unreserved mana to cast all at once (icestorm, ball lightning, wave of conviction and vortex) and not miss any curse, exposure, chill or storm.

With that in mind, messing with the PoB, I made 2 trees. One with block(with less damage but more tankyness) and another with almost no block (more damage). Both are using an Emperor's Wit Jewel, that is not needed at all, can be replaced with a Brute Force with no problem!

PoB.: https://pastebin.com/9GyZgSJ6

no block tree:

classic block tree:

Follow the changes:

- For Block tree only, added 2 points near "Influence" notable, to have 2% Increased Mana Reservation Efficiency.

SUMARY:

To have all Auras running (Discipline, Purity of Elements, Hatred, Clarity and Aspect of the Spider) with mid budget you need:

- Helmet with Hatred or Purity of Elements have 30% Increased Mana Reservation Efficiency;

- 1x Enlighten lvl 4

- Nodes til Sovereignty;

- Using the block tree, need to alocate 8% Increased Mana Reservation Efficiency near "Influence".

Seems that both still viable, just lost a little ES.

Couldn't you also sacrifice int when crafting the helm and instead go with essences of loathing for 10% reservation efficiency and then get the rest on jewels ?
"
Gamerking1000 escribió:
Couldn't you also sacrifice int when crafting the helm and instead go with essences of loathing for 10% reservation efficiency and then get the rest on jewels ?

Ofc you can!

But keep in mind, the Spite Essences cost about 1/3 of Essence of Loathing.
You need to hit a good ES and choose between random Int+reservation or resist+reservation, AND AN OPEN SUFFIX because the third suffix must be +% Int from hunter exalted orb.

Will be very expensive to craft and need an incredible luck to hit good mods and an open suffix.

At endgame it could be a good choice, but at the league start i dont think so.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional