[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

How do you guys level this in a new league, when Whispering Ice is not available at lvl 33/38? I've tried it in SSF and leveling with mines is sooooo painful for me.

Any good spell that I can level with until I farm the staff and don't have to respec too much? I remember leveling with brands once and it was great. Wintertide Brand for Cold? Brand nodes are nearby...
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
"
Jadran escribió:
How do you guys level this in a new league, when Whispering Ice is not available at lvl 33/38? I've tried it in SSF and leveling with mines is sooooo painful for me.

Any good spell that I can level with until I farm the staff and don't have to respec too much? I remember leveling with brands once and it was great. Wintertide Brand for Cold? Brand nodes are nearby...

Whatever you are comfortable with. If you like brands and are ok with respec cost, go for it.

Freezing pulse is one used as you can get it as quest reward from first quest as witch.

If you are playing SSF, you are probably not going to get the staff before you are farming maps for div cards. If that is the case you are better to start with completely different build until you gett he staff.
I usually use wave of conviction / orb of storms / spark or arc, with 2 wands
"
whiterockxx escribió:

How do you even aim your sparks -- I've tried!? I haven't tried arc though.
"
Graiaule escribió:
"
whiterockxx escribió:

How do you even aim your sparks -- I've tried!? I haven't tried arc though.

Cast orb of storm, stay inside the circle hold shift, or set the skill to use without move and just span the lightning spells (WoC, spark or arc). Usually i do it before reach around lvl 40-50 The whispering ice staffs start to pop up for trade.

By the way, i aways expend 10-15 regret points after i buy my first whispering ice, because i set lot of points in spell damage / wand damage and cst speed / light damage on low levels.

Thats how i preffer to start and am used!
"
whiterockxx escribió:

Cast orb of storm, stay inside the circle hold shift, or set the skill to use without move and just span the lightning spells (WoC, spark or arc). Usually i do it before reach around lvl 40-50 The whispering ice staffs start to pop up for trade.

By the way, i aways expend 10-15 regret points after i buy my first whispering ice, because i set lot of points in spell damage / wand damage and cst speed / light damage on low levels.

Thats how i preffer to start and am used!

Yeah I just recently learned I was supposed to stay inside the orb of storms rather than cast it and move away. Explains a lot...

If you're doing that (burning regrets) I assume you're going to the cluster tree immediately...
I dont, I go first for the non cluster, with lots of blute force and fertile mind jewels, as soon as i find 2 INT/armour split personality i swap to cluster.

Usually i use lots of regrets, to keep changing the tree to best fit every step of my gear progression.
"
Graiaule escribió:
The CWDT change is irrelevant to us, we don't use it for damage.

The mana reservation means we'll need Enlighten 4 and probably a 1% mana reservation affix on one jewel (same problem for the Occultist version.)

Requiring Enlighten 4 for a build to be viable is Ludacris on it's face. Shits too expensive on top of all of the other expensive crap this build needs at end game.
"
RaGe0uS escribió:
"
Graiaule escribió:
The CWDT change is irrelevant to us, we don't use it for damage.

The mana reservation means we'll need Enlighten 4 and probably a 1% mana reservation affix on one jewel (same problem for the Occultist version.)

Requiring Enlighten 4 for a build to be viable is Ludacris on it's face. Shits too expensive on top of all of the other expensive crap this build needs at end game.

It's for the high-high-high-end lategame version of the build. You can get going for a few chaos and build on that without ever needing the lvl 4 enlighten. Dont let the theorycrafting scare you off. Its a very strong build for a low investment.
"
RaGe0uS escribió:

Keep in mind, that Enlighten is not needed as long you dont want to squeeze as much auras as possible and dont want to improve any build the best as you can.

Each offensive aura gives around +15% damage and we can use 2... using just 1 you dont even need any enlighten and that much reservation efficiency.

The characters that you saw here or on poe.ninja or youtube steam rolling the content are high-end characters, you dont need those expensive itens to play and have fun.

But if want to do uber pinnacle bosses / high IIQ the feared flawlessly, you better have good items. And this apply to any build, not just The Whispering Ice!

Just go playing, running maps and improving the char when possible.. you will enjoy the build during those steps 😁
Editado por útlima vez por whiterockxx en 12 ago. 2022 1:06:18

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional