[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Just took a look at the updated build. The PoB data doesn't look updated yet with the new Weapon gems, but from reading the info it seems most of what we're changing is a few Gems on our weapons and switching some of our gems to alternate qualities? Just want to be sure I'm reading correctly. Again, thanks for your work Kelvynn!
What we get with the Forbidden jewels is a mystery indeed. But it should be worth it. All other classes get something good.

Occultist has 2 good choices, both from the Elementalist tree: Heart of Destruction (30% more damage half of the time) or Shaper of Storms (all hits shock for 15%). Up to ~15% MORE damage on average.

Other classes get things like that as well. So whatever the Ascendant gets should be just about as good.
i hope that smth good for scion and not so expensive xD
"
RaGe0uS escribió:
Just took a look at the updated build. The PoB data doesn't look updated yet with the new Weapon gems, but from reading the info it seems most of what we're changing is a few Gems on our weapons and switching some of our gems to alternate qualities? Just want to be sure I'm reading correctly. Again, thanks for your work Kelvynn!

Gems in the staff are updated to what proved to work the best in 3.16.

The biggest changes in the tree is Block. We are trading 10 skill points (about 150-200 Int) for a MASSIVE layer of defense that lets you facetank Simulacrum Wave 30 and The Feared.

This build has a long history of shifting power between more damage or more defense. In 3.15-16 we needed more defense. In 3.17 we get to keep that while receiving some new damage buffs from the game itself.

If the new bosses don't require high mobility, we may just be able to TRIPLE our damage with self-cast Icestorm.

And don't forget about Divine Blessing - Hatred (1.18 * 1.24 = 1.46 = 46% MORE damage). I just didn't have an opportunity to test that yet.
"
archwerewolf escribió:
i hope that smth good for scion and not so expensive xD

BTW, something has changed over 3.15-16. In 3.13-14 the Ascendant was clearly superior on single target damage vs Occultist with the same gear. The main reason to play the Occultist was the clear speed.

But the nerfs and global balance changes turned that around. When I made the cluster PoB for the 3.17 Ascendant, I took my final 3.16 Occultist and just changed the tree. But the items stayed the same. Guess what? With the same exact gear, the Occultist now does ~15% more damage to Sirus than the Ascendant!

I guess having to trade a bunch of Int for Block and the new Mastery nodes hit the Ascendant harder than the Occultist.

But there is a catch: Occultist likely won't be able to afford the new things coming our way in 3.17. She's already starved on gem sockets to the point of dropping Frost Shield. There is just no space for Divine Blessing - Hatred. And 2 jewel sockets for Forbidden Flame/Flesh? No way.

Add there: no true stun immunity, no ES regen, no 80% built-in curse mitigation.

Occultist MAY do a bit more damage to go with excellent clear speed IF you manage to solve all those problems. But it sounds too hard to accomplish right now.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 4 feb. 2022 13:30:14
about more dmg occ
malediction + 15% more cold dmg from Frigid Wake + -20% cold res from Void Beacon gives more than inq.asc for scion?
"
Kelvynn escribió:
What we get with the Forbidden jewels is a mystery indeed. But it should be worth it. All other classes get something good.

Occultist has 2 good choices, both from the Elementalist tree: Heart of Destruction (30% more damage half of the time) or Shaper of Storms (all hits shock for 15%). Up to ~15% MORE damage on average.

Other classes get things like that as well. So whatever the Ascendant gets should be just about as good.

I done some digging and it seems Scion will be able to get ascendency nodes from any of the other classes ascendancies. At lest that what a Reddit post claims Chris said.

Based on this I will want these jewels with the Aspect of Carnage node +40 MORE damage for 10% increased taken or Frigid Wake.
Editado por útlima vez por kotli en 4 feb. 2022 13:40:53
"
Kelvynn escribió:
"
RaGe0uS escribió:

Gems in the staff are updated to what proved to work the best in 3.16.

The biggest changes in the tree is Block. We are trading 10 skill points (about 150-200 Int) for a MASSIVE layer of defense that lets you facetank Simulacrum Wave 30 and The Feared.

This build has a long history of shifting power between more damage or more defense. In 3.15-16 we needed more defense. In 3.17 we get to keep that while receiving some new damage buffs from the game itself.

If the new bosses don't require high mobility, we may just be able to TRIPLE our damage with self-cast Icestorm.

And don't forget about Divine Blessing - Hatred (1.18 * 1.24 = 1.46 = 46% MORE damage). I just didn't have an opportunity to test that yet.

Were there any changes to the classic Level 94 PoB? It looks to be the same tree as before.
Scion is so fucking bad to lvl vs witch :-(
"
ichbinwerichbi escribió:
Scion is so fucking bad to lvl vs witch :-(

Hahahha, yes. I had forgotten what it was like.

Since most of this league is the Atlas changes, and also because I have a book to write, I've decided to play one of my old characters in Standard only.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional