[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

I appreciate this guide and thank you for your never ending builds with WI.

I'm playing your builds on and off since 2.6 and really enjoy them. Sometimes i copy them other times i learned to adapt them and so on.

This time i skipped the last league totally.
Now i'm back with Metamorph and i playing HC with this build.
For now im 44 CI and alrdy leveling with WI.

I have to admit... i somehow prefered the old playstyle more where we were more stationary. I liked the animation, the visuell(your mtx for example).
Cyclone is a bit strange for me... i feel like i am slower then my old "cast a sec and keep movin" style and it feels more clunky now.
Maybe it's just the change i'm not comfortable yet.

Anyway.. one thing i really like to see in your guides for the future:
- "What has changed between your builds and why" - section.
Most time the guide is somehow the same with a few differences.
But an explanation why did you change this or that would be great.
For example:
1. Why the change from Occu to Scion?
2. Why do we have no fortify anymore?
3. Why do we have no golem anymore?
4. Why do we use now Cyclone instead of WO?

Im sure there are somewhere answers to this questions, but a quick recap would be really incredible.

For now i keep moving with this guide in hc and see how it works out for me!
Hopefully you will keep up your incredible effort for this community!
1. Occultist got nerfed into the ground.
2. Using other defenses now (Flesh and Stone).
3. See above. There are much better gems and open slots are scarce.
4. WO got nerfed hard as well.

Cyclone takes some getting used to but once you do you'll never go back. It is very helpful against big bosses (Uber Elder) and especially when used with Rampage you'll move like a Whirling Dervish of Icy Death. :)

Not a lot of time to play this league...Lv 51 and getting close to 800 Int. Switching from mines to the staff is so very sweet...a few more levels and it will be time to switch to CI. Loving this build as always.
Oh boy... 2 green 4 blue in WI is challenge...
astra are so expensive this league. :( QQ
"
gruumine escribió:
astra are so expensive this league. :( QQ

You can save some currency by buying Polymath cards. The secret is that, if you hit a good roll, flip it, and try again with 3 new cards.

Also, in the meantime, use a Three Rat Talisman.
I've played the whispering ice build way back in Legacy league and have just started on this league and I'm running this build. I absolutely love the cyclone variant, this build and guide.

Aside from that, I have just a few questions/Criticsm

1) Sibyls Lament was updated to 80% ele reflect, does this change the guide?

2) Would focus on gear be a viable or competitive option? Some of the abilities look decent or strong.(For clarity, I mean the when you use focus gain x craftable pre/suf)

3) The leveling guide, just for this league is perfectly spot on, until you first get whisp ice. At level 38, fighting Malachi was much harder and piety was insane (I think her damage was bugged). I'd love it, if you could include some tips to avoid being too squishy prior to maps.

4) Thank you for taking the time to create this extremely informative guide!
Editado por útlima vez por Gendark2 en 15 dic. 2019 20:57:43
"
pda898 escribió:

Quite strange, because as I know, you need not that much to start mapping (4s WI with only 2 correct colors, good rolled icetomb and 1-3 stat conversion jewels).
Looked at your rares and I see that you have not that much int from rares. Rings okay, amulet kinda wrong base but okay, chest - recraft to the better tier, helm trash, boots trash (btw do you know that you can get better MS craft in epilogue). Just put crafted int everywhere and you will see.

Thank you for your suggestions! I did redo some of my gear and did a lot more int, and I am having a much better experience. I guess I should have read the guide more closely.
Could anyone help me with what i wrote earlier,i am stuck :(
"
Adisprox escribió:
Could anyone help me with what i wrote earlier,i am stuck :(

First of all, you will want to use PoB and calc (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1__amWXx4uPtt-ywgULZ7Rx86_A0lqhaLkqK4KHsU-TU/edit#gid=361993092) to check your amulet against astramentis or 3rats with flat int. Same for rings, I think that uncorrupted with flat int could be better, but you have to check. Also at least divine your armor to 8% int...
Lv 62, 878 Int and finally hit 2000 ES.

I switched to CI at Lv 55 and only had 900 ES which was a bit too low. Adding a Discipline gem helped but not much (I stupidly forgot to level one). Tried the Cruel lab and got one shot by Izaro but after gaining some levels and more ES I took him out easy enough.

This build is a breeze so far. Looking forward to mapping soon.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional