[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Natchoum escribió:
"
Cjin escribió:
"
Rakio escribió:

I was just looking into converting to affordable Clusters and some cheap Split Personality (Int+Dex).
Int+Dex gives more damage than Int+ES, while losing like 4-5% ES per SP. But I couldnt figure out a good passive tree to make it a significant different though. I hope with more int% gear, the SPs will add up.

Only reason I can think of why dex would increase your dps is if dex is your lowest stat and Cyclopean Coil then gives little extra spell damage. But that amount is so low you should not care about that, especially when that extra dex might push your dex higher than str removing ignite immunity. If you want cheap Split Personality, you should use int/armor.

int + dext give a bit more damage because of multiple cold to the core. But that's not a big amount of increased dps. And we don't care about balancing attribute if not playing cyclopean coil ( i haven't seen his pob because import fail when i try it so i don't know if he use the coil )

@Mindhandler if you have some time, could you look at my pob on the previous page and advice me about next step too ? I'm thinking about changing rings atm but i'm not sure. Thanks for your previous advices though

It looks to me like your in a pretty solid place, getting another large cluster with prismatic heart will help when you go to craft the rings because you will be even more over capped on resistance and get a lot of wiggle room to just essence spam %int ring bases.

You can also take the snowforged node from thread of hope for another 20% ele resist/30% cold damage if you need to help with resists when you go to change the rings. I don't see that node mentioned much here but it is actually a decent dps increase with 20% free elemental resistance without any downside going out of your way to get it. Any extra elemental resistance will make switching to %int rings that much easier.

A medium cluster with master of fear/wish for death would be another thing to upgrade and put in front of one of the split personality jewels.
You could get the points from ethereal feast to make that work, it is a very nice qol to get culling strike on cursed enemies. They are about the same price as the %int ring bases.
Editado por útlima vez por Mindhandler en 4 feb. 2021 10:55:11
Thanks for theses advices, i ll try to get a medium cluster jewel worth it and those rings !
Good morning !

First, thanks for the build i love playing it and spinning everywhere on the map !

I have a question about physical damage, most of the time i get one shotted by monsters who have physical mod or map with physical extras with elements.

I have arctic armour and 7K ES doin' T12 map but i keep getting one shotted sometimes...

Do you have any clue of what is necessary to do in order to avoid it ? thanks !
"
Nequardak escribió:
Good morning !

First, thanks for the build i love playing it and spinning everywhere on the map !

I have a question about physical damage, most of the time i get one shotted by monsters who have physical mod or map with physical extras with elements.

I have arctic armour and 7K ES doin' T12 map but i keep getting one shotted sometimes...

Do you have any clue of what is necessary to do in order to avoid it ? thanks !

Your characters are set to private so can't really give specific tips. The just of it is you need 2-3k more es to not get randomly 1 shot around that tier of map which could be obtainable in a number of ways.

Another general tip is playstyle, skirt around the edges of mobs and let them run into the icestorm rather than plunging into the middle of them.
Thanks for your answer !

I've set my char profile to public if you have specific tips i'll be glad to receive it ;)

I know so far i'm at galaxy away from having a perfect gear x).. I'm only at a 3 Exalts gear.
For rings
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ritual/jWKMjvWsX

Get rings with int/es/resists on them. They are as cheap as 5c currently you really need to have int on every piece of gear or almost every piece. Those upgrades are extremely cheap and can get you in a much better place for es and damage.
Editado por útlima vez por Mindhandler en 5 feb. 2021 15:52:02
Gotten dicey recently, can't fully beat Sirus since this is my first time reaching endgame. Hopefully I can beat him the third time. The dps is slow but very consistent. Trying to awakener orb my other amulet but I still need the suffixes cannot be changed craft so I can preserve the %int and int rolls. Sitting at 80k for now without potion buffs.
GGG please allow Flicker Strike on Hollow Palm
"
Mindhandler escribió:
"
iP4wn escribió:
Hey guys!

My wife has been using this build and is now at a6 t14-16 maps..
This is our first time trying out a IC build and I'd like to ask some help on what we should upgrade next.. Here's her POB: https://pastebin.com/5ChQEVK3

We're noobs so currency would just be around 5-8ex atm..

My personal recommendation would be buying a belt with 13-15% increased int implicit and using a deafening essence of spite on it for a guaranteed high int roll, can roll a few times to get elemental resistance/energy shield to help free up affixes on slots later down the line. You would get a massive injection of energy shield/int for a cost of maybe 120c.

Also don't forget to use intrinsic catalysts on all of your jewelry (rings/amulets/belt) for a large amount of free int for very cheap.

Hey! After reading your tips we've made some changes with her build

https://pastebin.com/ihYC3dwN

Everything seems better but she's still somewhat lacking in dps when killing metamorphs and other boss. Any suggestions on what we should upgrade next would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all!
"
iP4wn escribió:
"
Mindhandler escribió:
"
iP4wn escribió:
Hey guys!

My wife has been using this build and is now at a6 t14-16 maps..
This is our first time trying out a IC build and I'd like to ask some help on what we should upgrade next.. Here's her POB: https://pastebin.com/5ChQEVK3

We're noobs so currency would just be around 5-8ex atm..

My personal recommendation would be buying a belt with 13-15% increased int implicit and using a deafening essence of spite on it for a guaranteed high int roll, can roll a few times to get elemental resistance/energy shield to help free up affixes on slots later down the line. You would get a massive injection of energy shield/int for a cost of maybe 120c.

Also don't forget to use intrinsic catalysts on all of your jewelry (rings/amulets/belt) for a large amount of free int for very cheap.

Hey! After reading your tips we've made some changes with her build

https://pastebin.com/ihYC3dwN

Everything seems better but she's still somewhat lacking in dps when killing metamorphs and other boss. Any suggestions on what we should upgrade next would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all!

So you've basically reached what i kind of think of as the easily accessible end game of the build. From here on out everything will be much more expensive.

The first thing i notice that can be changed immediately for 9 extra int/es is moving the medium cluster to the other large cluster jewel and putting the split personality in that. The way split works is the more nodes between your start and the place you put it in the better.

The next thing you should do is get %elemental or cold penetration corruption on all of the brute force and fertile mind jewels. This will probably be the last thing you can upgrade for cheap with a pretty noticeable effect, especially for bosses. Even losing 2 or 3 int on them to get the corruption should be well worth it.

The next relatively expensive upgrades i would focus on are %int synthesized rings like so.

While these where relatively cheap even 4 days ago now that more people are reaching end game they seem to be around 10-11 ex now. You just essence spam them to get something usable.

The downside to this build will always be the single target damage unless they raise the icestorm limit. The good thing about this build is any upgrades you manage to get are very noticeable though.
Editado por útlima vez por Mindhandler en 5 feb. 2021 19:24:06
Well, I started crafting my own body armour and ended up with this:
which is... teasingly close to what I want.

Still, was an upgrade over what I was using, so I decided to stick with it. My only question is if there's any way I can improve the ES on it via Harvest or whatever. Not hugely familiar with Harvest mechanics and such.

Not aiming for super god-tier or anything, just would like it to be a bit better and I should be able to hit 9.5-10k ES which will probably be enough for me.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional