[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Erseii escribió:
Could someone take a look at my items currently?
I only got 6k ES and every once in a while I do get blown up, Just wanted some pointers on upgrading items.
I have a cyclopean coil with 11 %increased attributes and a double corrupt 4/4 dex and int but recently changed to a yellow belt but I'm not so sure if it was worth it. I'm also using the cluster jewel tree POB and could use some help on how I should go forward with what I currently have.

Here's a POB of my current setup
https://pastebin.com/z2QUSESg

I would disagree with what the other person said, and it's generally due to how you transition in the build that makes many of those points obsolete.

Principally in your case, you're kind of all over the place. One main part of the build is to use Split personality for a big intel (and ES later on) bonus. Right now, you're destroying your pathing by going off the marauder side instead of the witch side.

So right off the bat you want to refund skill points and route properly:

https://pastebin.com/FQw4YGNU

This basically adds almost 200 intelligence to your build with a proper use of the split personality. Further down the line, I would move the rare jewel to the jewel socket to the right start of the ascendant start and put another brute force solution there. In my honest opinion, anything south of Sentinel should only be put in after level 94 or so. Finish using your clusters. I would go as far as skipping them entirely to use curse medium clusters.

This should already help on the defensive side. I would also change your chest to something tankier, 200 es chest is quite weak, you could easily get a 400+es one that would provide you another 2-3k buffer.

With all resist capped, the burst from a Sirus is about 8-8.5k damage, you just need to be able to get to 9k ES.

In my base, I built this from Occultist instead of Ascendant, this provides many additional defensive layers, I have 9k es and I can easily tank shit.

Also, keep in mind, you don't have +2 to curse, only +1 from occultist ascendancy, I think this is something many people who use this build I am missing since this isn't the first time I make this comment. So your 6L with 3 curses, only 2 are being applied (enfeeble, Frostbite), you'll want to get awakened hextouch level 5 for the +1 to curse, or get whispers of doom until you can afford such a thing, or swap out ele weakness for a low level blade blast (for unnerved).

And to answer your question, I recommend going away from Cyclopean coil, 15% int belt crafted bases are easy to get. Just spam the essence that gives 51-59 intel on them until you get a good ES and resist roll. Better than shock/ignite immunity imho.

Also get a wise oak and rebalance your resist. At the very least make cold your best resist for the cold penetration bonus. If you can balance lightning and fire, less damage taken from those elements will play a long way as well.
Editado por útlima vez por Icemasta en 30 ene. 2021 10:21:13
Hey there.

Really enjoying this build so far. Going through the maps was a breeze. But right now I'm doing T14 and T15 maps to get my next set of watchstones (need 4 socketed) and things just got ugly.

I'm getting killed over and over again and downing bosses takes forever. I don't have much in the way of currency. What would be the best way to go from here? I feel like I'm hitting a wall and am close to abandoning yet another build that feels bad.

I want the feeling of the coldhearted murderscion back.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/JLqM9upd

If anyone could take a look at it, that would be awesome!
I'm also wondering if there's any major upgrades I can do.

At the moment I'm just slowly picking up Intrinsics for my Rings, and I'm on the lookout for either a 1ex mid-grade upgrade to my chest, or until I have enough currency I can craft/buy a much better one.

If there's any other glaring weaknesses in my setup, let me know.

(Ignore the empty Jewel Socket, I hit 88 like 5 minutes ago so I'll pick up a new Jewel later)
"
Icemasta escribió:

I would disagree with what the other person said, and it's generally due to how you transition in the build that makes many of those points obsolete.

Principally in your case, you're kind of all over the place. One main part of the build is to use Split personality for a big intel (and ES later on) bonus. Right now, you're destroying your pathing by going off the marauder side instead of the witch side.

So right off the bat you want to refund skill points and route properly:

https://pastebin.com/FQw4YGNU

This basically adds almost 200 intelligence to your build with a proper use of the split personality. Further down the line, I would move the rare jewel to the jewel socket to the right start of the ascendant start and put another brute force solution there. In my honest opinion, anything south of Sentinel should only be put in after level 94 or so. Finish using your clusters. I would go as far as skipping them entirely to use curse medium clusters.

This should already help on the defensive side. I would also change your chest to something tankier, 200 es chest is quite weak, you could easily get a 400+es one that would provide you another 2-3k buffer.

With all resist capped, the burst from a Sirus is about 8-8.5k damage, you just need to be able to get to 9k ES.

In my base, I built this from Occultist instead of Ascendant, this provides many additional defensive layers, I have 9k es and I can easily tank shit.

Also, keep in mind, you don't have +2 to curse, only +1 from occultist ascendancy, I think this is something many people who use this build I am missing since this isn't the first time I make this comment. So your 6L with 3 curses, only 2 are being applied (enfeeble, Frostbite), you'll want to get awakened hextouch level 5 for the +1 to curse, or get whispers of doom until you can afford such a thing, or swap out ele weakness for a low level blade blast (for unnerved).

And to answer your question, I recommend going away from Cyclopean coil, 15% int belt crafted bases are easy to get. Just spam the essence that gives 51-59 intel on them until you get a good ES and resist roll. Better than shock/ignite immunity imho.

Also get a wise oak and rebalance your resist. At the very least make cold your best resist for the cold penetration bonus. If you can balance lightning and fire, less damage taken from those elements will play a long way as well.

Thanks for the pointers, I had recently changed my skill tree since I reached level 90 and I'll do an update sort off with it. For now the chest piece is still in the works since all the good stuff is quite expensive. Balancing resists is a thing I always have trouble in so I'll look into it tomorrow when I get on. I'll also try to get whispers of doom for the curse stuff and I'll check the POB you linked and compare to my current one. I've upgraded a couple of rings with better int and stuff, the weakest thing so far to me is my chest piece. Thanks again and I'll get back to this tomorrow once I've adjusted stuff.
GGG please allow Flicker Strike on Hollow Palm
Hello everybody! I started playing with this build, but I had problems with survival on t15-16 maps. Can I really change scion on occultist?

ИХИХИХИХИХИХИХИХИХИХИХИХИ
Гилдариус знает топ билд - но гайд ему влом написать!!!
I am playing this build this league and the survivability of this build is insane but the damage sucks even with pretty good gear and decent cluster jewels.
"
dark1738 escribió:
Hello everybody! I started playing with this build, but I had problems with survival on t15-16 maps. Can I really change scion on occultist?

If you mean use Occultist instead of Scion, yes you can. I haven't done a full 100% comparison of the two. I think Scion gets access to more convenience stuff (more skill points, more resists from tree), but occultists makes up for it with a couple things. In particular, chilled enemies (and they always are) deal 10% less damage with hits and Malediction (cursed enemies deal 10% less damage), what amounts to a constant 10% ES regen per second, and the constant freeze of nearby enemies. Offensively, 20% cold pen aura + a flat 15% more cold damage and malediction (effectively another 10% more damage).

It's the 20% less damage taken in particular that is juicy, on top of enfeeble. Also, at least for this league, Void Beacon (the 20% cold pen aura) also nullifies Maven healing so that's nice.

I think at the upper end, with equivalent gear, Scion is ahead because it gets more flat intel from the tree so %intel from gear puts her ahead, but Occultist just makes is so much easier to survive.
"
Joeristoef escribió:
Hey there.

Really enjoying this build so far. Going through the maps was a breeze. But right now I'm doing T14 and T15 maps to get my next set of watchstones (need 4 socketed) and things just got ugly.

I'm getting killed over and over again and downing bosses takes forever. I don't have much in the way of currency. What would be the best way to go from here? I feel like I'm hitting a wall and am close to abandoning yet another build that feels bad.

Well, the issue is, like many others, is that you strayed from the laid down path. In particular, your reaction to your deaths was to get energy shield% from the tree instead of intel, which gives you both defense and offense.

https://pastebin.com/w55KwMkm

Here is your fixed builds, I mostly moved around stuff, you'll need a second split personality, you'll want to swap out the brute force that you've put to the south of the ascendant start with a fertile mind. Always keep in mind that intelligence is your end all be all item. If I were you I would also replace your cyclopean coil with a 15% intelligence implicit belt that you drop a 51-59 intelligence essence in. On top of that, it can give energy shield if you're lucky.

That slightly increases your defenses but greatly increases your amount of intelligence and your damage
I am using the build and enjoying it tremendously. I have one idea that I wanted to run by you. Instead of using elemental focus (we are getting gobs of elemental damage from tree anyway), why not use Cold Pen support, and allow the damage to freeze minions. What do you think ?

Len
"
Icemasta escribió:
"
Joeristoef escribió:
Hey there.

Well, the issue is, like many others, is that you strayed from the laid down path. In particular, your reaction to your deaths was to get energy shield% from the tree instead of intel, which gives you both defense and offense.

https://pastebin.com/w55KwMkm

Here is your fixed builds, I mostly moved around stuff, you'll need a second split personality, you'll want to swap out the brute force that you've put to the south of the ascendant start with a fertile mind. Always keep in mind that intelligence is your end all be all item. If I were you I would also replace your cyclopean coil with a 15% intelligence implicit belt that you drop a 51-59 intelligence essence in. On top of that, it can give energy shield if you're lucky.

That slightly increases your defenses but greatly increases your amount of intelligence and your damage

I followed your advice, spent some currency on respec orbs, fixed my pathing, got a second "meh" split personality with int and armor and got a somewhat decent belt. Now I'm out of currency but stuff feels a lot better now. I actually don't get instagibbed by those "dominated by Sirus" mobs. Thanks for that!

The only question left now is, what would be my best upgrade path?

https://pastebin.com/Hp64eim3

Where do I go from here?

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional