[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Hello everyone,

I played this WI build during Delirium league and I enjoyed it so much that I went to the very end game for the first time.

Now I wonder, regarding the recent nerf to the WI, what is your opinion on the actual gameplay.

Is it much more difficult to run through the maps and beat some serious bosses such as Sirus A8 and UE ?

Thanks for your feedback and good luck :)
Editado por útlima vez por BlueKagu en 28 sept. 2020 10:20:00
"
Graiaule escribió:
If you believe craftofexile.com, you had a 0.05% chance of success per alt. Grats on burning out your RNG luck.

Craftofexile lies, we've established that already back in Delirium when it predicted chaos spamming the perfect CttC/PH clusters with an average of ~400c. Those of us who tried, found out quickly enough that it wasn't even close, and the 10ex+ price on those jewels was very justified. The actual odds are weighted or something. Craftofexile is a very nice tool for planning the mods and ilvl's, but don't believe the estimates it gives you.
"
Hemzokuken escribió:
Fuck me this feels like harvest league haha

Hitting the slams erry day; anyone got a remove life? ;)

Over 10k es now with 2.7% es leech and 3005/s.

Total intelligence is now 2,714.

Dammit, you made me want to craft xD Wanted to still wait a bit, oh well, rip currency. Didn't hit t1 inc intelligence, but have a bit higher ES

Now I am at 2.9k int and 10.3k ES
Editado por útlima vez por Akisailent en 28 sept. 2020 12:06:16
Here's some results from my first 10 days in the league, and some thoughts.

What I've been doing:

- The league mechanic is very fun, and I've spent probably half of my time playing with it, so this is more of less ~5 days of me mapping semi-casually.

- My luck has been very poor. I've only found 2 ex so far! And a few hundred c worth of sellable stuff. So my current budget is still below 10 ex, probably more like 6-7 ex.

- I've almost completed the Atlas, killed all Conquerors a few times, and finally got the first Sirus (AL5). Zana gave me 2 Shaper and 3 Elder guardians as well.

- I've been going with the classic version of the build, but once in a while checking what would happen if I switched to the cluster jewels. Lv 94 currently without even trying to level, and dying occasionally to things like Baran 1-shots or T16 Legion with rippy mods. 8.5k ES and 2250 Int.

How it went:

- Leveling and mapping has been great. Despite the loss of Spell Cascade, the build is still very reliable and efficient for mapping. I've had absolutely no trouble doing any maps in any tiers. I use Inc AoE for clearing (instead of SC).

(only 3L is needed, but the market is flooded with cheap 5L's from Heists)

The change to the hit mechanic is awesome. Almost all shards hit, so you can just cyclone through the map with The Stampede (or Quicksilver flasks) and annihilate everything in your way, only stopping for rares or beasts.

For the bosses I switch to the other staff with CE instead of Inc AoE.

And for the rippy ones I replace Inspiration with Fortify. But only for the ones that do a lot of DPS. Not Sirus - if you dodge his 1-shot beam he doesn't do much damage otherwise.

- The stacking limit (5 storms total) is a huge nerf on the boss DPS. Bosses that used to die in 3 sec now die in 10 sec. And the Guardians/Conquerors take much longer to kill than before - at least the ones that stand still. The ones that constantly move (including Sirus) are not very different, since we were never able to stack a lot of storms on them, but it still feels slower.

Of course, the extra time spent on the bosses is still only a fraction of the total mapping time. But that nerf spoils the overall enjoyment.

Another bad consequence of the stacking nerf is the loss of sustained AoE damage. Blight being the prime example. You can't have several blight paths covered in ice at the same time anymore. Towers got buffed a bit, so now we have to rely on them. No more towerless 'kill everything yourself' blighted maps.

I really hope that GGG listens to reason and changes the stacking limit to at least 10 storms. Ideally 15-20. But 5 is just too sad.

What's next:

- Now I need to find more currency and see how the results change with a little more investment. Working on the %int regalia and amulet. And then the cluster jewels.

The current lack of boss DPS could be in part due to my low budget compared to the other leagues. I usually have better gear at this point. We'll see how it goes.

I think the final version will be powerful enough to kill the endgame bosses quickly, because it will have enough damage to kill them with only 5 storms.
"
Kelvynn escribió:

The current lack of boss DPS could be in part due to my low budget compared to the other leagues. I usually have better gear at this point. We'll see how it goes.

I think the final version will be powerful enough to kill the endgame bosses quickly, because it will have enough damage to kill them with only 5 storms.

Yes I think in the end the results of the nerf can be summed up as: to have same dps and hp as before you need to invest much more currency, so basicly this build becomes more expensive. Its similar to what happened to Necro Zombie build, after they nerfed it many said it was far from previous performance, but after I invested a lot in it (200-300ex) I melted all endgame, and tanked also pretty much everything with effective hp around 18k.
Editado por útlima vez por Akisailent en 28 sept. 2020 12:29:56
Pretty much the same thing here, I discovered this build in Delirium and by the end had the 3rd most geared one in the thread at the time. I was literally printing money in sims with voices and other high end drops, the build was even more over powered then the king of summoners at its peak.

I only have about 2 or 3 ex into this league's one, I didnt even play harvest so im just using the old skill tree and it still feels fine, I agree that limiting the storms to 5 was over kill but I think the build was so absurd it can still be better then almost every other build as is, just going to take a heavier investment.
Yeah playing this league a little bit more, I forgot how easy it can be to get the build rolling without having to get too lucky on drops or currency.

I am so happy my polymath set came out to a 98 attribute astramentis.

Now I just need to save up so I can get gear like you guys.

"
Kelvynn escribió:
Here's some results from my first 10 days in the league, and some thoughts.

What I've been doing:

- The league mechanic is very fun, and I've spent probably half of my time playing with it, so this is more of less ~5 days of me mapping semi-casually.

- My luck has been very poor. I've only found 2 ex so far! And a few hundred c worth of sellable stuff. So my current budget is still below 10 ex, probably more like 6-7 ex.

- I've almost completed the Atlas, killed all Conquerors a few times, and finally got the first Sirus (AL5). Zana gave me 2 Shaper and 3 Elder guardians as well.

- I've been going with the classic version of the build, but once in a while checking what would happen if I switched to the cluster jewels. Lv 94 currently without even trying to level, and dying occasionally to things like Baran 1-shots or T16 Legion with rippy mods. 8.5k ES and 2250 Int.

How it went:

- Leveling and mapping has been great. Despite the loss of Spell Cascade, the build is still very reliable and efficient for mapping. I've had absolutely no trouble doing any maps in any tiers. I use Inc AoE for clearing (instead of SC).

(only 3L is needed, but the market is flooded with cheap 5L's from Heists)

The change to the hit mechanic is awesome. Almost all shards hit, so you can just cyclone through the map with The Stampede (or Quicksilver flasks) and annihilate everything in your way, only stopping for rares or beasts.

For the bosses I switch to the other staff with CE instead of Inc AoE.

And for the rippy ones I replace Inspiration with Fortify. But only for the ones that do a lot of DPS. Not Sirus - if you dodge his 1-shot beam he doesn't do much damage otherwise.

- The stacking limit (5 storms total) is a huge nerf on the boss DPS. Bosses that used to die in 3 sec now die in 10 sec. And the Guardians/Conquerors take much longer to kill than before - at least the ones that stand still. The ones that constantly move (including Sirus) are not very different, since we were never able to stack a lot of storms on them, but it still feels slower.

Of course, the extra time spent on the bosses is still only a fraction of the total mapping time. But that nerf spoils the overall enjoyment.

Another bad consequence of the stacking nerf is the loss of sustained AoE damage. Blight being the prime example. You can't have several blight paths covered in ice at the same time anymore. Towers got buffed a bit, so now we have to rely on them. No more towerless 'kill everything yourself' blighted maps.

I really hope that GGG listens to reason and changes the stacking limit to at least 10 storms. Ideally 15-20. But 5 is just too sad.

What's next:

- Now I need to find more currency and see how the results change with a little more investment. Working on the %int regalia and amulet. And then the cluster jewels.

after reading ur post i understand that the insparitan has to be linked and all this time he was just siting there doing nothing >.<
"
Hemzokuken escribió:
"
phantom_god escribió:
"
Hemzokuken escribió:
Fuck me this feels like harvest league haha

Hitting the slams erry day

your crafts are sick man did u craft the body as well?

Yeah I've gotten very lucky this league...calculated risks. (to a point) haha

Don't look at my gloves hahaah!

I did sirus a5 quite smoothly with only 1 death. Very happy with the build!

tried to craft slammed hunter exlt on a good helm came up with tier 2 insreaced int :s
Can we swap frostbomb in the chest instead of Ball lightning and then change the frostbomb that was in the cwdt > Inc duration > immortal call to frost shield?

I feel that's much better for bossing.

Ok let me blow everyone's mind after a bit of research.

Chest we take out Ball lightning as it doesn't provide any benefit for bosses and swap it with alternate quality 2 frost bomb which gives 20% increased Aoe area...this then curses everything in that area with enfeeble and culling strike on a cwdt LVL 1 while providing the benefit of frost bomb.

In the cwdt > immortal call > increased duration gems we take out frost bomb now it's in our chest and use frost shield alternate quality 2 here which has 10% of hits taken by you and allies is taken from shield HP before your ES.

This will be absolutely huge survivability!

Edit - rip ok thanks haha I tried :p
Editado por útlima vez por Hemzokuken en 28 sept. 2020 19:11:22

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional