[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
diNZy escribió:
"
livejamie escribió:
Is this going to be updated for 3.11 once the Gems are out? Or are we on our own? :)

OP has been playing this build for a long time so it will be updated most likely

Also on another note, 2% more block on staff. Woo?

Freezing pulse seems more viable for leveling also, nice 50% buff

Just start the build with the 3.9 tree, the advanced trees were all late game trees anyway, and will require hard to find jewels. The late game trees will also probably go through several changes and tests in the first week or two. The 3.9 tree and leveling guide will work great and will likely only change when you can afford a few really nice cluster jewels/split personality jewels. The 3.9 build/tree can still easily destroy the game if your gearing is good.
this build is gonna rock
Editado por útlima vez por Chackster en 16 jun. 2020 22:21:07
30 to 45% damage effectivness. someone not dumb AF like me explain this
"

From the Icestorm Wiki

"Damage Effectiveness: Damage from secondary sources like 'added damage' supports or heralds applies at only 30% of their listed value."

So for example if a support spell/gem/gear gave us +100 spell/cold damage, Icestorm would only get 30% of it so +30 Damage. But now it gets 45% so +45 Damage.

"
latterus14 escribió:

we lost 9 Split Personality jewels but gained 50% more damage. which is far better for the Non-jewel version and shows GGG has not actually ignored WI. Too be fair they also showed it in the PoE 2 conference, so maybe they'll eventually make it not tank FPS. Chris did say that changing to vulkan is gonna lead to potential new performance improvements that the team can create including something he described which sounded perfect for icestorm. something that like, made it so multiple effects in one spot didnt all render

On a side note, please help: Can someone list an exact "new league" starter guide on how to play icestorm starting from nothing? And other tips like when certain items become cheap etc, or how doing that is different on a day 1 of league. I've only ever made icestorm builds after i've collected lots of leveling gear and a 6s staff to make it extra smooth haha
Editado por útlima vez por Parzival1423 en 16 jun. 2020 23:40:54
Please don't get too excited about the damage effectiveness buff. That buff will only help at all if you use Heralds, Added "X" damage supports, or other sources of flat damage.
This may be useful early, but late game other supports and Auras will still be far better than "added cold damage" for overall damage on the skill. It will make added damage abyss jewels slightly less sucky as well. None of that is likely to provide any REAL benefit to an endgame build.

For instance this jewel will to slightly more damage. (From around 3.45 base damage to 5.4 base damage)

Damage effectiveness doesn't do anything to this jewel.
Editado por útlima vez por Breken en 17 jun. 2020 0:14:36
"
Parzival1423 escribió:
On a side note, please help: Can someone list an exact "new league" starter guide on how to play icestorm starting from nothing? And other tips like when certain items become cheap etc, or how doing that is different on a day 1 of league. I've only ever made icestorm builds after i've collected lots of leveling gear and a 6s staff to make it extra smooth haha

I'm wondering about this as well. I'm considering this build, and I'm thinking of what to use on day 1 until we can start putting the build together.
Editado por útlima vez por srt4eblue en 17 jun. 2020 0:39:57
Did they seriously move Buriels to a Tier-15 base?!
Does that mean it will a PITA to get the staff in SSF now, if you dont get it via lucky unique drops??
One other change, the 20% reduced reflect was removed from "Ash, Frost, and Storm".

Old:

20% increased Elemental Damage
20% reduced Reflected Elemental Damage taken
+6% to all Elemental Resistances

New:

30% increased Elemental Damage
10% chance to Freeze, Shock, and Ignite
20% increased Effect of Non-Damaging Ailments
20% reduced Effect of Non-Damaging Ailments on you

I did not see updates to Sibyl's Lament in the patch notes, so we have a 20% gap to contend with.
Editado por útlima vez por GuardianLegend en 17 jun. 2020 2:34:47
A small .xls "cheat sheet" which is useful for leveling the build
if you don't like mines use Freezing Pulse (you need first to create a Witch to reach 1st town and get Freezing Pulse than stash it and create the Scion)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GrxtKyxqWX3ILbKcQs79EMuOoACnn6k1RNt-d5uUwpI/edit#gid=0

You can always level with Freezing Pulse / Winter OrB till you are able to get the staff at level 38-39

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional