[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Mh, seems like the Guardian Version of this build is sligthly nerfed, missing the stun immunity from cyclone. Will Bastion of Hope be sufficient to maintain a reasonable uptime of stun immunity?

Also, I'm wondering how you guys handle league start with this build. I'm usually struggeling because all these cheap uniques are not available within the first 5-10 hours of the league and by then, I usually want to reach maps.

What is the best way way of leveling this build without Whispering ice as a Scion/Guardian, that allows me to respec as soon as I get the staff/the other cheap uniques?
Editado por útlima vez por HUSOZERFICKER en 16 jun. 2020 16:19:00
"
HUSOZERFICKER escribió:
Mh, seems like the Guardian Version of this build is sligthly nerfed, missing the stun immunity from cyclone. Will Bastion of Hope be sufficient to maintain a reasonable uptime of stun immunity?

Also, I'm wondering how you guys handle league start with this build. I'm usually struggeling because all these cheap uniques are not available within the first 5-10 hours of the league and by then, I usually want to reach maps.

What is the best way way of leveling this build without Whispering ice as a Scion/Guardian, that allows me to respec as soon as I get the staff/the other cheap uniques?

We're sticking with Occultist, which gives you stun immunity via the ascendancy.

In practice, I will see whispering ices offered for sale around 5 hours after the league starts. Given my crappy levelling speed, that works just fine for me. If you level faster than that, well, just use rares and/or uniques as a caster build.

Kelvynn recommends mines to level. I have been using freezing pulse every league after giving up on mines (I can't stand the multiple keypresses needed.) I was thinking of trying out traps this league instead of freezing pulse. Fire and forget, after all.
Editado por útlima vez por Graiaule en 16 jun. 2020 17:42:38
"
Graiaule escribió:
"
HUSOZERFICKER escribió:

We're sticking with Occultist, which gives you stun immunity via the ascendancy.

In practice, I will see whispering ices offered for sale around 5 hours after the league starts. Given my crappy levelling speed, that works just fine for me. If you level faster than that, well, just use rares and/or uniques as a caster build.

Kelvynn recommends mines to level. I have been using freezing pulse every league after giving up on mines (I can't stand the multiple keypresses needed.) I was thinking of trying out traps this league instead of freezing pulse. Fire and forget, after all.

Thanks, I was referring to a Templar --> Guardian build, so not Ascendant. I played this version earlier, because it is easier to get high levels of ES and Armour, which is both crucial in HC. Leveling a Guardian might be possible through Minions (e.g. Herald of Purity maybe). Scion with traps could be possible, but I already know I will struggle with Scion through the campagain.
"
HUSOZERFICKER escribió:

... but I already know I will struggle with Scion through the campaign.

I've never struggled getting to maps. Usually I have to run an act 10 dungeon in a group to get to level 70 before I do Kitava (so I can upgrade to end-game bases.) In Delirium, however, I was already 70 when I got to Kitava (due to the Delirium mirrors.)
What's the fastest/easiest way to level this until you get CwC and Cyclone? Would like to try out suggestions instead of experimenting by myself. Thanks a lot!

edit: I've read the whole guide. Just wanna know an alternative to mines.
Editado por útlima vez por Ukinanginamo en 16 jun. 2020 20:23:41
I skipped out on playing this last league so it's been a minute; how significant is the 30->45% damage effectiveness buff?
"
omniarcan escribió:
I skipped out on playing this last league so it's been a minute; how significant is the 30->45% damage effectiveness buff?

Probably not very significant since we don't really try to stack flat damage from anything other than int. That being said, it will certainly be worth it to play with other supports in PoB to see if there are effective new options. Gut says that it won't matter however.

Keep in mind that Ice Storm gets a LOT of flat damage from Int values..

Added cold gives you about the same flat damage boost (without the % increase) as 475 int, at the cost of a support gem. So likely still not worth it endgame, but could be good in some situations, and Herald of Ice will be of slightly more use before you get the big boy auras set up.

Needs to be explored in PoB.
Editado por útlima vez por Breken en 16 jun. 2020 21:44:32
Is this going to be updated for 3.11 once the Gems are out? Or are we on our own? :)
livejamie
"
The Whispering Ice: The Icestorm skill granted by this item now has an added damage effectiveness of 45% (from 30%). This affects all versions of the item.

PRAISE...!
"
livejamie escribió:
Is this going to be updated for 3.11 once the Gems are out? Or are we on our own? :)

OP has been playing this build for a long time so it will be updated most likely

Also on another note, 2% more block on staff. Woo?

Freezing pulse seems more viable for leveling also, nice 50% buff
Editado por útlima vez por diNZy en 16 jun. 2020 21:57:35

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional