[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Breken escribió:
"
TheChosenOne_ escribió:

Which flask should I replace quicksilver with? I see some players don't have an immune to freeze flask. Where do they get immune to freeze from?

It's really situational. If you want more sustain, I recommend Cinderswallow urn. Otherwise you can just use a flask for the content you are doing. Doing a boss with heavy cold damage, bring a sapphire flask.. etc.

I use my sulfur flask for freeze protection due to the fact that we are immune to elemental effects while on consecrated ground. The sulphur flask (or bottled faith) creates the ground, and that clears up burning, freezing, etc.

"
Kelvynn escribió:
"
TheChosenOne_ escribió:
Which flask should I replace quicksilver with? I see some players don't have an immune to freeze flask. Where do they get immune to freeze from?

They use the mega expensive Bottle Faith instead. If you can't afford that, your Sulphur is fine.

You need a Staunching flask. Even if you have a jewel with Corrupted Blood immunity. Some things inflict heavy non-corrupted bleeding (e.g. Chimera).

If we aren't on consecrated ground and we are frozen or burning, would those two things be removed after we used the flask? If so I'll change my sulphur flask of heat to staunching and get Cinderswallow
Editado por útlima vez por TheChosenOne_ en 5 abr. 2020 0:41:09
"
Kelvynn escribió:
Build updated

The classic (league-independent) version is up to date, with the new crafting options, The Stampede, Frostblink, Inspiration and other recent things. Arctic Armour is no longer important due to the Atlas changes, Aspect of the Spider is now the recommended 3rd aura (after Discipline and Flesh and Stone).

Delirium Split Personality version is posted below the main version (I knew I would use that reserved post for something one day!).

Thanks for updating, Kelvynn! What do you mean by changes to the Atlas making Arctic Armor less important?
IGN - Bichlich
Please PM me to update me on trades.
PSA: for those of you that can't afford the recommended large cluster jewels, you can cheese it by using Corrosive Elements/Disorienting Display/Prismatic Heart/2 sockets/8 passives instead.
Dont you think the new skill tree miss some kind of skill duration?

well i have an stupid assassin version of that skill tree, because i like the assasin speed ;/, but even the scion tree miss the skill duration cluster
my dps and energy shield is lot better, around 25/30% for both

while running Simulacrum or full juicy t16 delirium maps i can feel the better dps but i think the overall performance are little worse

skill duration for icestorn is technically an multiplier

i remember the old days when all whisper ice builds had both the skill duration cluster, was mandatory ^^

but on current setup i dont have any leftover skill points ;/

but at least there is one good news, less skill duaration = lot better fps =)
Just look into the build seem pretty fun, just wonder what's the advantage of choosing Ascendant? and picking inquisitor/occultist? Have seen another build using whispering ice but using mana Guardian. any different/advantage between this? Thanks
Is this build still a full on PC killer?

I've always loved WI, but struggle to play it properly :(

Any best practices on game settings etc as my pc isn't exactly low spec.
"
Adeaz escribió:
Is this build still a full on PC killer?

I've always loved WI, but struggle to play it properly :(

Any best practices on game settings etc as my pc isn't exactly low spec.
it smashes my pc and i play on lowest settings at 1080p with a 1080 gtx. it drops as low as 25 fps in a delirium/beyond/sextanted etc map with all the trimmings
its a bit unfortunate but on the plus side i dont die even with all the lag lol
I find the build only kills my PC when using Cascade, which I only use for clearing open maps, if you just don't use cascade it's not too bad but if you have a potato PC it's going to hurt as it does lower my fps to 33% of normal
Editado por útlima vez por mattymaats en 5 abr. 2020 8:49:03
"
mattymaats escribió:
I find the build only kills my PC when using Cascade, which I only use for clearing open maps, if you just don't use cascade it's not too bad but if you have a potato PC it's going to hurt as it does lower my fps to 33% of normal

Same here. Without Spell cascade everything is smoother and game becomes playable again. Map clearing is worse, but single target damage gets better. With enough damage i guess we can invest in larger area to get some QOL in farming maps
"
TheChosenOne_ escribió:
If we aren't on consecrated ground and we are frozen or burning, would those two things be removed after we used the flask? If so I'll change my sulphur flask of heat to staunching and get Cinderswallow

We are immune to ignite, as well as pretty much everything except freeze. Consecrated ground does not remove existing freeze (unless something was changed recently). For example, if you open a strongbox that freezes you, popping a simple Sulphur flask will not unfreeze you. You need to pop that flask before opening it, so that you are already on consecrated ground and immune to freeze.

This build constantly creates consecrated ground in combat too (because of Inquisitor). So the chance of getting frozen is pretty small. Botled Faith creates a HUGE area of consecrated ground. That's why people with it don't bother using a flask of Heat. But for the rest of us, a Sulphur flask of Heat is really nice and can save you when you do get frozen.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional