[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
mad2moons21 escribió:

Apologies, you should be able to view it now.

You are CI. You don´t need those 3 Life Flasks anymore. Get utility Flasks.
Get proper utility Flasks, with actually rolls on them and not white ones.
Use Glassbowers to 20% Qual your Flasks for more duration, than roll them. You want atleast one that stops bleeding (of Staunching) and one that makes you Curse immune (of warding).

Get CI gear. You did not really end the transition from Life to CI yet.
Replace your Rings, get ones with +45 int onwards and 2 resistance rolls.
Get a Helm with + Int, ES and some resistance.
Get Boots with more int and more speed if you can afford.
Get a ES Chest with 350+ ES flat and atleast T2 Int roll. Try to get one with a open Suffix and no craft on it for a %attributes craft.
Get a +18% int whispering ice
Bless and annoint that Astramentis, even Wisdom of the Glade (Clear, Clear, Amber) helps and costs next to nothing. Well nothing really at this point of the League.

Go Shopping really hard, keep the gloves for now, they are somewhat ok :D

So I leveled to maps with no lags, was pretty happy with everything. But once I started mapping, sometimes FPS drops below 10 - this happens on Guardians' influenced maps.

I really want to play this build, so maybe you guys have tricks how to improve performance through adjusting some .ini files or some other client tweaks?

I use the lowest options possible and some low res.
Made some tweaks and adjustments to my grid/items. If anyone could critique.
Though having trouble staying alive, especially at bosses for the most part.
I am very appreciative of how helpful everyone in this thread has been. I have really enjoyed this build this league and I wanted to contribute back. This is how I got Awakened Spell Cascade to work without too much of a performance hit. It is awesome.

For reference I have a Laptop with a GE Force 1070 and a 7700U processor. Your miles may vary depending on what you are using.

1. Set POE to Fullscreen. GSync can sometimes have issues when running in Borderless Windows Mode.

2. Set all setting to Low. Its sucks but you get used to it and Awakened Spell Cascade is worth it. Make sure VSync is off.

3. Make sure Dynamic Resolution is On.

4. Set Networking Mode to Predictive.

5. Disable Screen Shake.

6. Go to Documents > My Games > Path of Exile and copy production_Config.ini to a safe space in case you mess up or this does not work for you so you can easily revert back.

7. Now change the following settings to:

ambient_sound_volume2=false

music_volume2=false

reverb_enabled2=false

sound_effects_volume2=false

This will turn off Sound Effects and Music and a few other things but you will still have Loot Filter Sounds, NPC Dialog (helps with Boss Phases) and Chat sounds.

I tested this in 200+ Delve including Cities, Tier 16 Maps with lots of Mods, Blighted Maps, Sirius, and all 4 Conquerors. Stays smoother than not using Spell Cascade with sound on. This might not work for everyone depending on your hardware and everyone has different levels of tolerance for performance in games so the hit still might be too much for yourself, but I thought it was worth adding to this builds discussion even if it only helps one person because Icestorm with Awakened Spell Cascade is freaking amazing.
"
CooterTheWooter escribió:
I am very appreciative of how helpful everyone in this thread has been. I have really enjoyed this build this league and I wanted to contribute back. This is how I got Awakened Spell Cascade to work without too much of a performance hit. It is awesome.

For reference I have a Laptop with a GE Force 1070 and a 7700U processor. Your miles may vary depending on what you are using.

1. Set POE to Fullscreen. GSync can sometimes have issues when running in Borderless Windows Mode.

2. Set all setting to Low. Its sucks but you get used to it and Awakened Spell Cascade is worth it. Make sure VSync is off.

3. Make sure Dynamic Resolution is On.

4. Set Networking Mode to Predictive.

5. Disable Screen Shake.

6. Go to Documents > My Games > Path of Exile and copy production_Config.ini to a safe space in case you mess up or this does not work for you so you can easily revert back.

7. Now change the following settings to:

ambient_sound_volume2=false

music_volume2=false

reverb_enabled2=false

sound_effects_volume2=false

This will turn off Sound Effects and Music and a few other things but you will still have Loot Filter Sounds, NPC Dialog (helps with Boss Phases) and Chat sounds.

I tested this in 200+ Delve including Cities, Tier 16 Maps with lots of Mods, Blighted Maps, Sirius, and all 4 Conquerors. Stays smoother than not using Spell Cascade with sound on. This might not work for everyone depending on your hardware and everyone has different levels of tolerance for performance in games so the hit still might be too much for yourself, but I thought it was worth adding to this builds discussion even if it only helps one person because Icestorm with Awakened Spell Cascade is freaking amazing.

What FPS you getting with this in Legion / Blight encouters? I really miss Awakened Spell Cascade, would love to use it again.
I'm not around my computer right now to give exact numbers but I will say it's not great. There are definately trade offs to using it. I am getting older and not as twitchy as I used to be and my gear isn't good enough to face tank all the bosses so I found even using regular spell cascade helped a ton with my survivability as it allowed me to keep moving and also keep damage on things. Sometimes during Legion encounters, Delve, et cetera, it would turn into a slide show before. Now after changing these settings that has not happened yet. Plus with the four storms going and a Discipline +ES on hit Watchers Eye I feel invulnerable. It feels pretty much like playing on a console after being used to a high refresh rate gaming PC/Monitor as far as the FPS goes. It effects some people more than others. What is tolerable for me might not be for everyone, but I find the trade offs worth it for my playstyle. Good Luck.
Editado por útlima vez por CooterTheWooter en 4 feb. 2020 21:07:15
Finally reached Sirus lvl8 today and killed him in first try.

NOTE: I have below exalt gear (other than my amulet enchantment which is 1 exalt approx). Total ES = 9k and total int = 2100. :D This proves that this build works without any multi-exalts investment.
Editado por útlima vez por gruumine en 5 feb. 2020 0:01:02
"
gruumine escribió:

NOTE: I have below exalt gear (other than my amulet enchantment which is 1 exalt approx). Total ES = 9k and total int = 2100. :D This proves that this build works without any multi-exalts investment.

How do y'all manage? :/

This is me; https://pastebin.com/q3tU4006 , And I'm struggling atm at t12 maps lol
"
Qinhong escribió:

This is me; https://pastebin.com/q3tU4006 , And I'm struggling atm at t12 maps lol

Since you bought a 10ex eye, I am going to assume you have funds.
Basically, 5 int there, 7 int here, etc, it all adds up. Squeeze out as much int as you can from your gear/jewels.

Specifically:

helm to 280+ ES

you can get a max roll Astramentis already with tranqulity and 20% quality for 130c, or look for %int/1% dam per 15 int amulets

upgrade your chest to one with 12%int and either 6% incr attrs or 45+ int and at least 550ES

get rings with resists, 51+ int, and at least T2 to max ES, then get them to 20% quality.

gloves to 150+ ES

all unique jewels to 23-24 int

shouldn't cost more than 5-6ex to do the above. check out my gear for more ideas -- I'm a real cheapskate
"
Qinhong escribió:
"
gruumine escribió:

Just make sure you got 9k+ ES and 2100 int..
maybe something below that works too but I haven't tested it.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional