[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Graiaule escribió:
Lillian stole all of my luck. I am 0 for 5 on crafting helms at ilvl 80+ with the Hunter Orb.

On the other hand, he did give me his ilvl 78 hat that had a 100% chance to roll % int. Thanks a lot, man. Naturally, I got the T2 roll and not the T1.

Are we SURE the chances are 40% for a T1 or T2 %int roll? I know what poedb.tw says, and I understand RNG, but 0 for 5 is a 7.8% chance...

Ah well. The problem I have now isn't trying again, it's finding a helm for sale I can use. I kind of used up all of the ones that were up for sale at a reasonable price (3ex or less) ...

The actual reason for my post is I met someone who mentioned a CoC Inquisitor WI build. Somewhat less tanky than Scion, but very high dps with 10 icestorms/second at 90% crit rate. Sounds interesting. What do you folks think?

Give us his PoB pastebin code or at least tell us his account name so we can load into PoB his char and discuss about numbers. I have doubts that a crit build is overall better, but haven't seen a CoC IceStorm yet so I am curious a bit.

Regarding the chances of hitting %intelligence I can only base on what poedb.tw says about chance values, maybe you are just unlucky after all :)
Editado por útlima vez por lilianmarius en 3 feb. 2020 17:07:40
"
Graiaule escribió:
Lillian stole all of my luck. I am 0 for 5 on crafting helms at ilvl 80+ with the Hunter Orb.

On the other hand, he did give me his ilvl 78 hat that had a 100% chance to roll % int. Thanks a lot, man. Naturally, I got the T2 roll and not the T1.

Are we SURE the chances are 40% for a T1 or T2 %int roll? I know what poedb.tw says, and I understand RNG, but 0 for 5 is a 7.8% chance...

Ah well. The problem I have now isn't trying again, it's finding a helm for sale I can use. I kind of used up all of the ones that were up for sale at a reasonable price (3ex or less) ...

The actual reason for my post is I met someone who mentioned a CoC Inquisitor WI build. Somewhat less tanky than Scion, but very high dps with 10 icestorms/second at 90% crit rate. Sounds interesting. What do you folks think?

Don't give up, T1 Flat and % will come. But if you see it on trade just buy it, less currency spent and stress.
"
lilianmarius escribió:

Give us his PoB pastebin code or at least tell us his account name so we can load into PoB his char and discuss about numbers. I have doubts that a crit build is overall better, but haven't seen a CoC IceStorm yet so I am curious a bit.

Didn't know you can load character into PoB just with account name, please share =)
He hasn't migrated his guardian yet, though he did say he had a PoB in hand. I'll remind him we're very interested in his idea.

"
alvincheng escribió:

Don't give up, T1 Flat and % will come. But if you see it on trade just buy it, less currency spent and stress.

The ones I've seen were 25 ex and higher. I'm down, uh, 5x2.5 + 5x100 = ~15.5 ex for items that fit my resistance profile. So I'm still ahead...
Editado por útlima vez por Graiaule en 3 feb. 2020 20:57:01
"
alvincheng escribió:
"
lilianmarius escribió:

Didn't know you can load character into PoB just with account name, please share =)

If the account is public, open PoB, press New and in Character Import window enter the account name and press Start. A list with all the characters for that account is displayed, select the one you want to import and press Import passive Tree and Jewels and Import Items and skills then press Done.
I'm really struggling with this char (amitheonlyscion)and don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've been playing for a few years on and off but am still a complete noob as to what is going on.

Quite a few times i have died and given up on the char but i finally got her to maps last night and was just running tier 1 beach a few times before finally going CI. I did try going CI at 58 but died straight away and guess what...went CI at 69 and died straight away.

I've followed the build to a tee, same skill point allocation, really skint myself getting coloured second staff, art amulet and belt and still no joy. I really dont know what I'm doing wrong.

Any pointers in any direction would be a great help as i do like this toon but she just dies so easily.
"
mad2moons21 escribió:
I'm really struggling with this char (amitheonlyscion)and don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've been playing for a few years on and off but am still a complete noob as to what is going on.

Quite a few times i have died and given up on the char but i finally got her to maps last night and was just running tier 1 beach a few times before finally going CI. I did try going CI at 58 but died straight away and guess what...went CI at 69 and died straight away.

I've followed the build to a tee, same skill point allocation, really skint myself getting coloured second staff, art amulet and belt and still no joy. I really dont know what I'm doing wrong.

Any pointers in any direction would be a great help as i do like this toon but she just dies so easily.

The same recommendation for you, make your account Public so we can see your character, at the moment your account is set to Private.
Just made the switch from Charged Dash to this and well... I know I need to get used to things but could I get some guidance here?

Also I know some socketed slots don't have gems, they'll get either str or dex converting ones.
"
lilianmarius escribió:
"
Qinhong escribió:
Hello fellow exiles! I was wondering if someone could take a look at my build that I've made from this guide. I'm still dying at tier 10 maps and I'm unsure what I should do. I'm still a newbie, been playing for 3 weeks or so.

https://pastebin.com/udfL6hSJ

Thanks!

Hi, i am looking at your gear, i imported your latest char gear in PoB, overall your ES is a bit too low, 6900 may look much but it isn't depending on the content you are doing.

First of all drop the life flask from setup, we are a CI build, our life is 1, we don't use life flasks :)

Second, change your belt with a 15% attributes one and add quality to 20% with Intrinsic catalyst.

Third, your CWDT - IC - Frost Bomb setup is not working, CDWT gem level should never be lower than IC and Frost Bomb gems level. You will never trigger IC and Frost Bomb this way.

Fourth, make sure you get all the conversion jewels (Fertile Mind/Brute Force) with at least 23-24 Intelligence.

Fifth, you forgot to allocate 1 skill point at Templar start (Damage and Mana node) to benefit from Templar bonus granted by Pure talent jewel.

Sixth, the upper node taken near Divine Judgment is bad , take the lower one instead.

Seventh, try to make your Cold resistance value highest and use The Wise Oak flask, will grant you cold penetration and elemental mitigation for your lowest value resistance type

On a general note aim for armor pieces (Helm, Gloves) with higher ES values and high Int(50+) and if possible resistances to cap all of them to 75 or above.

Get few more levels, take Sovereignty cluster (4 skill points) and start to use Aspect of the Spider from boots but socket in boots only Auras or CWDT-IC-Frost Bomb setup, don't socket support gems, they will increase your Aspect mana reservation value.

And when you get more currency buy a chest piece with over 500 ES, 9-12% Increased intelligence and open suffix to craft 6% increased attributes.

Hey! Thanks a lot for the input, highly appreciated. I've been working some more on the build, still feels like I'm lacking though..

https://pastebin.com/kev57rZi

Here's the pastebin should you have time to look it over!
Invested around 11ex for the watchers jewel, made a good amount of difference. Still feel like I'm lacking in damage and survivability though.

Valentine
"
lilianmarius escribió:
"
mad2moons21 escribió:

The same recommendation for you, make your account Public so we can see your character, at the moment your account is set to Private.

Apologies, you should be able to view it now.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional