[3.13] LIGHTNING ARROW/BARRAGE Deadeye Build / Zap your way forward! UBER ELDER DONE!

Another thing people can try for dps is look into getting a blue dream/blue nightmare jewel (dream is all that is needed). It gives a decent chunk of damage via its 5% of lightning damage as extra chaos damage similar to a added damage abyss jewel and also gives you a power charge generator which also adds a pretty decent amount of damage for clearing and for the start of a boss while it is up (or once you kill adds during a boss). I have it slotted near the middle where we pick up the 18% lightning resist gem but I have seen some who pick up the 3% and 8% to all resists on the left side middle where it could also be put. May help increase damage and the dream version is pretty cheap atm. I would try POBing it and turning on power charges to see how much it helps.
"
simmezz escribió:
blazing through t15-16maps with a 5l LA no issues. Ok boss time! it's not dying... barrage 0dmg. ok I suddenly got 1shot, like really?
Barrage is superweak... this build just does real poor in current league. Considering all of the minibosses you are constantly fighting, I usually die 4-5times from a metamorph. I'm currently sitting at 400deaths -.-" tried a whole bunch of different curse setups and other defensive mechanics and it's just not working. Dodge is so unreliable and the life/dmg mitigation is nowhere near enough to take a single hit. I've really tried hard giving this build a fair shot but it's just not cutting it as a boss killer. might just turn it into some mf delve character or something... sigh I'm really frustrated since I think it's a fun build otherwise and I really want it to work.....

In looking at vetroxbl's profile (a guy who posted melting t16 bosses a few pages back), it appears the way he is burning down bosses is via a weapon/quiver swap for bosses that switches Lightning Arrow for Siege Ballista and also swaps to the voidfletcher quiver. Although pricey, this could be a solution to helping with people who are struggling with bosses.
"
Nublicious escribió:
"
simmezz escribió:
blazing through t15-16maps with a 5l LA no issues. Ok boss time! it's not dying... barrage 0dmg. ok I suddenly got 1shot, like really?
Barrage is superweak... this build just does real poor in current league. Considering all of the minibosses you are constantly fighting, I usually die 4-5times from a metamorph. I'm currently sitting at 400deaths -.-" tried a whole bunch of different curse setups and other defensive mechanics and it's just not working. Dodge is so unreliable and the life/dmg mitigation is nowhere near enough to take a single hit. I've really tried hard giving this build a fair shot but it's just not cutting it as a boss killer. might just turn it into some mf delve character or something... sigh I'm really frustrated since I think it's a fun build otherwise and I really want it to work.....

In looking at vetroxbl's profile (a guy who posted melting t16 bosses a few pages back), it appears the way he is burning down bosses is via a weapon/quiver swap for bosses that switches Lightning Arrow for Siege Ballista and also swaps to the voidfletcher quiver. Although pricey, this could be a solution to helping with people who are struggling with bosses.
ouff, u think it would work without a voidfletcher?
Not sure. The other guy who said he is cruising through t16 doesn't appear to weapon swap but does have a shaper bow so it may be a matter of a bow upgrade. Maybe one of them will chime in though as I am just speculating.
"
Nublicious escribió:

I actually don't use Voidfletcher on bosses, I just carry in in the weapon swap pretty much exclusively for Blight encounters, where incoming mobs are tightly stacked for the explosions. :)
It does however boost your single target damage immensely compared to other quivers, and comes 2nd only to +arrow ones (which I am using).

Barrage is a very poor damage ability in itself, but is one of the most scalable, if not the most scalable ability in the entire game, thanks to the way it works with additional arrows.
To scale up your Barrage you need, in order of magnitude:
• Added arrows (Dying Sun, quiver, helm enchant);
• High elemental damage on jewels (70+ average totals), which gets boosted more the more arrows you have;
• Elemental penetration (which is why Shroud of the Lightless is great), chance to deal double damage, accuracy;
• Decoy Totem (doesn't scale it, but buys you time to actually stand still and use your Barrage, otherwise all your other gear is useless).

The Siege Ballista is only there for Map encounters (Map bosses, Essences, etc), and actually does very little. Don't aim to obtain this, it's practically useless, I just can't think of something better to socket there. On actual boss encounters, such as the Elderslayers, I now move my Barrage into the bow and use a Kaom's instead for more efficient facetanking.

Bossing Gear

The gems also move around. Elemental Army gets linked to Blink Arrow, WoC and Inc. Duration go into the CWDT, Precision lvl1 replaces the lvl7 one (need more unreserved mana), and Starkonja holds Heralds, Wrath, and the Decoy Totem.
Want info on builds or you need something?
Contact me on Discord - discord.gg/s9kzKCT
"
vetroxbl escribió:
"
Nublicious escribió:

I actually don't use Voidfletcher on bosses, I just carry in in the weapon swap pretty much exclusively for Blight encounters, where incoming mobs are tightly stacked for the explosions. :)
It does however boost your single target damage immensely compared to other quivers, and comes 2nd only to +arrow ones (which I am using).

Barrage is a very poor damage ability in itself, but is one of the most scalable, if not the most scalable ability in the entire game, thanks to the way it works with additional arrows.
To scale up your Barrage you need, in order of magnitude:
• Added arrows (Dying Sun, quiver, helm enchant);
• High elemental damage on jewels (70+ average totals), which gets boosted more the more arrows you have;
• Elemental penetration (which is why Shroud of the Lightless is great), chance to deal double damage, accuracy;
• Decoy Totem (doesn't scale it, but buys you time to actually stand still and use your Barrage, otherwise all your other gear is useless).

The Siege Ballista is only there for Map encounters (Map bosses, Essences, etc), and actually does very little. Don't aim to obtain this, it's practically useless, I just can't think of something better to socket there. On actual boss encounters, such as the Elderslayers, I now move my Barrage into the bow and use a Kaom's instead for more efficient facetanking.

Bossing Gear

The gems also move around. Elemental Army gets linked to Blink Arrow, WoC and Inc. Duration go into the CWDT, Precision lvl1 replaces the lvl7 one (need more unreserved mana), and Starkonja holds Heralds, Wrath, and the Decoy Totem.

Thanks for the response. That helps and makes sense and also may explain why my damage is feeling low. A lot of my gems are only single added damage and have other random affixes (onslaught chance, phase chance, crit multi, etc) which are all probably less effective in helping my damage.
Editado por útlima vez por Nublicious en 2 ene. 2020 21:04:15
"
vetroxbl escribió:

• High elemental damage on jewels (70+ average totals), which gets boosted more the more arrows you have
How does one craft these kinda jewels? Buying them off the market is minimum 5ex. Thanks man, you've been of great help!
Editado por útlima vez por simmezz en 2 ene. 2020 21:35:00
"
Nublicious escribió:
Thanks for the response. That helps and makes sense and also may explain why my damage is feeling low. A lot of my gems are only single added damage and have other random affixes (onslaught chance, phase chance, crit multi, etc) which are all probably less effective in helping my damage.

There's a shitton [CLICK HERE] of jewels lightyears better than yours listed on Metamorph SC, starting from 5c and up.

"
simmezz escribió:
How does one craft these kinda jewels? Buying them off the market is minimum 5ex. Thanks man, you've been of great help!

Jewels can sadly only be crafted with extreme luck on high ilvl bases. There really is no way to affect jewel crafting outcomes (bench crafts, essences and fossils can't apply to them), and it all comes down to alt/chaos spamming, and having luck with the slam. People who resort to this kind of stuff know it, and hence (deservedly) price them as such.

Click the link above to find some decent (40+ damage & life) jewels. I set the max price to 1ex, but you do you, and then sort them out by the pseudo value.
Want info on builds or you need something?
Contact me on Discord - discord.gg/s9kzKCT
"
iDeeps escribió:
Gear update, practically unstoppable at this point famring t16s for fun, Killed awakener 6 sirus will look to push more when i can

Thanks alot for your replies, really helpful. But i have some questions (im pretty noob on this build).

1) Isnt 6L LA (cold damage sup, elemental focus sup, elemental damage with atck, crit sup, volley sup) better than the one you suggest? why choose energy leech and hypothermia instead of those? it has less damage than those 6L LA...

please i need to know :(

2) Same with barrage...why choose energy leech + elemental focus supp, rather than elemental focus + added cold damage sup + elemental damage with attcks, slower projectiles?

Maybe im just looking at 'skill' "DPS" (bottom right) and i'm (99 probably) wrong...but i just want you to clear my mind please.

3) Upgrade karui' ward amulet for any similar to yours might be a good upgrade?

4) I'm using Volley support instead of greater multiple projectiles because of that HUGE less projectile damage... am i doing it wrong? I know I shoot only 3 arrows, but getting -XX damage on my LA would just destroy me... i guess.

I'm actually doing T6-T7 maps, my resis are +76 and around 3.8k hp and 350 manashield...i dont know why i cant link my steam profile so then you can see my char, waiting for support to help me...

I'll be waiting for your reply =)

PS: Sorry for my awful English, im from Argentina and my English is not that good lol. Hope u understand.
"
jawz0n escribió:
"
iDeeps escribió:
Gear update, practically unstoppable at this point famring t16s for fun, Killed awakener 6 sirus will look to push more when i can

Thanks alot for your replies, really helpful. But i have some questions (im pretty noob on this build).

1) Isnt 6L LA (cold damage sup, elemental focus sup, elemental damage with atck, crit sup, volley sup) better than the one you suggest? why choose energy leech and hypothermia instead of those? it has less damage than those 6L LA...

please i need to know :(

2) Same with barrage...why choose energy leech + elemental focus supp, rather than elemental focus + added cold damage sup + elemental damage with attcks, slower projectiles?

Maybe im just looking at 'skill' "DPS" (bottom right) and i'm (99 probably) wrong...but i just want you to clear my mind please.

3) Upgrade karui' ward amulet for any similar to yours might be a good upgrade?

4) I'm using Volley support instead of greater multiple projectiles because of that HUGE less projectile damage... am i doing it wrong? I know I shoot only 3 arrows, but getting -XX damage on my LA would just destroy me... i guess.

I'm actually doing T6-T7 maps, my resis are +76 and around 3.8k hp and 350 manashield...i dont know why i cant link my steam profile so then you can see my char, waiting for support to help me...

I'll be waiting for your reply =)

PS: Sorry for my awful English, im from Argentina and my English is not that good lol. Hope u understand.

lol sorry, its me. Now you can see my character now, i could link my char with another acc lol

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional