[3.8]Champion Impale TS/Barrage | Leveling guide

"
pulsesc2 escribió:
The Forceful Skewering nodes are 1 extra travel node away now.

So now for 4 nodes you only get 10% impale effect, 3% ias, 20 str, and 12% inc dmg. That's about 35 life and 4% more dps.

You get 62+10+10+21 = 103% inc impale effect from gem + swift skewering wheel.
Going from 103 to 113 gives you:

At 9 stacks: 3.2% more dmg
At 7 stacks: 2.9% more dmg
At 5 stacks: 2.5% more dmg

At most these 4 nodes are worth 7% more dmg and 35 life.

Taking these nodes doesn't seem worthwhile at all to me, you're already at 100% impale chance.

Impale chance still gives dps, you're not capped at 100%.

Your calcs are wrong, dunno how you did it but my impale sheet calculator gives me

At 9 stacks: 44% more
At 7 stacks: 22% more
At 5 stacks: base damage

with your values :
impale effect : 113%
impale chance : 115%
base dps : 500k
Editado por útlima vez por punks7yle en 4 sept. 2019 15:58:53
"
punks7yle escribió:

Impale chance still gives dps, you're not capped at 100%.

Yes you are caped at 100% chance to impale.
1 hit - 1 impale stack, you can't get 2 impale stacks with 1 hit
There are actually quite a few changes that effected this build. The fork bug getting fixed is obviously pretty huge but by the time you got Rigwald's your gear was usually at the point where bosses died in less than 5 seconds so I personally don't think it really matters. It might be a big nerf to pack clearing but a separate "bug" got fixed that was causing multiple chains/forks hitting the same enemy to only apply 1 instance of damage. So to fix it they made it so that chains/forks will try to target different monsters. When tornado shot shoots 9+ projectiles that turn into 36, than those 36 fork into 72 if they all manage to hit a mob and those 72 will chain to different mobs. It might be offscreening harder than it was before. I only wish we could use lightning arrow without eating a 50% damage penalty.

As for the other changes they made flesh and stone nerf was pretty big defense wise but molten shell not getting nerfed was a big surprise so we'll be ok. Forceful skewering moved it was kind of questionable before probably not worth it now unless you want to head outside the tree for more life nodes. +2 to +1 ts helm enchant doesn't feel great but I don't think it will matter too much.

An extra skill bar is a pretty nice addition, deidbellow on leaguestart with warcry nodes is a great option if you can stand pressing enduring cry. Split arrow buffs are probably a meme but if lvl 21 split arrow fires 9 arrows might actually look into using it.
Thank you so much for your contribution man.

Legion was the first league I have ever killed Uber Elder with. Honestly, I was kinda addicted to the barrage bug but it was time for me to truly beat Uber Elder with this build.

Thanks again man.
Hi guys!

How about to use pierce after fork fix ?
hopefully the lag is gone and be able to use lockstep after the fix
"
Anal_Bleeding escribió:
Hi guys!

How about to use pierce after fork fix ?

Pierce will be good on leaguestart but if I had to guess it would still not be better than the smart targeting chain and fork have for clearing on a high invested build
At what point do you usually switch over from RoA/puncture to TS/Barrage?
Shouldn't Vengeance Cascade be able to double our damage output vs Bosses?
"
Krono555 escribió:
At what point do you usually switch over from RoA/puncture to TS/Barrage?

Last league I think I swapped once I got drillneck, lioneye's vision chest 4link with a 5link barrage deaths opus. You can wait til 5link lioneye's so you have 6 link for tornado shot if rain of arrows is still feeling good, honestly you might be able to swap with 2 4links but rain of arrows felt fine so I wasn't in a rush to change it.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional