[3.8]Champion Impale TS/Barrage | Leveling guide

"
Imeperfection escribió:
"
Dkbballer1 escribió:
What do you guys think about playing this build as league starter in upcoming Blight league?

Also, what have you guys found is the fastest way to level for champion? Bow skills, molten strike or what?

I'll update the guide if tornado shot or impale dont get heavily nerfed. This build for last leaguestart was fine if you know how to craft %phys on the best bases for your level I hit maps around 6-7 hours using rain of arrows. You spend your early currency going for deaths opus,drillneck, lioneyes chest and the nomad. Damage can feel a bit sketchy pre normal lab but the impale ascendncy node is insane damage for leveling even without twink gear

Thank you for the info that will help alot, and I really hope they don't get nerfed because I am very excited to play this build.

One more thing, do you think this build would be able to do Uber Lab farming the first day or so in the new league with some budget gear? I am looking to go uber lab farming the first week or so.
"
Thank you for the info that will help alot, and I really hope they don't get nerfed because I am very excited to play this build.

One more thing, do you think this build would be able to do Uber Lab farming the first day or so in the new league with some budget gear? I am looking to go uber lab farming the first week or so.

Yes you can definitely farm uber lab fast on this build but relative to other lab builds you might not like it as much. You will take a ton more damage from traps than say a jugg but you should easily be faster than a jugg. I would tweak the build to have the instant warcry because endurance charges and even the regen from enduring cry would help a lot with smashing through traps
Looks like this build is not getting nerfed hard enough to warrant not updating it so I will be posting a pretty in depth leveling guide probably a day or so after the patch notes. I've posted my thoughts on the changes made so far at the top of the guide if you have not yet seen it
Was deleting T16's at lvl 80 without any helm enchant last league so that's not a problem. in my min-maxed POB I could get up to about 30m single target DPS with the fork bug at lvl 95, so that dropping to 10m DPS (albeit with a mirror tier 668 Pdps bow) just means one extra click on Uelder). I believe the same setup with just Arborix would be around 6m DPS.

Tempered flesh loses 21% crit multi, down to 49% which is still worth 10-15% more dps or so, just not sure if it's worth 5 points now.

As far as Fork with TS, I'm not sure how it interacts so that could be the biggest nerf when mapping.
I still can't believe this build survived all the nerfs
livejamie
"
livejamie escribió:

The main problem with impale was Cyclone. They still need it to help other melee skills which is why they targeted the cyclone gem itself and Bezerker/slayer.
"
Krono555 escribió:
"
livejamie escribió:

The main problem with impale was Cyclone. They still need it to help other melee skills which is why they targeted the cyclone gem itself and Bezerker/slayer.

I don't agree completely obviously cyclone was a pretty broken skill but melee skills don't need damage they need clear speed. I like the thought of skills like charged dash, earthquake, etc but when a skill that is a literal earthquake doesn't hit as much of the screen as a low investment bow character somethings a bit wrong imo. I think impale watchers eye deserved a nerf to +1 from +2 and maybe even nerf the champion impale nodes slightly because as much as I like this build its a bit silly how its comparable to berserker on damage when we spend 4 ascendency points on fortify.
Planning to league start with this, I've practiced a few times and have been able to get A10 Kitava down with merc lab and all SPs in ~5:45 (blood aqua in 4:45) using RoA/Barrage.

Here's my spreadsheet with gem links and notes if anyone is interested: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BkNm17ksidkXWHoa54r8Ihs7hcpiRjTR-bdhl1yH_Cw/edit?pli=1#gid=975900464

A "meh" A5 kitava kill with no ms boots in 2:40: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/475415868

My starting tree, toward Avatar of the Hunt first: http://poeurl.com/cxM1
Editado por útlima vez por pulsesc2 en 3 sept. 2019 19:53:14
"
livejamie escribió:

It didn't, the barrage fork nerf lowers the barrage dps by 3x, and people saying TS can do bosses fine posting videos from legion are wrong because TS was using the same fork bug to do a shitload of single target DPS, the build will be much worse for bossing. Still a great starter.
The Forceful Skewering nodes are 1 extra travel node away now.

So now for 4 nodes you only get 10% impale effect, 3% ias, 20 str, and 12% inc dmg. That's about 35 life and 4% more dps.

You get 62+10+10+21 = 103% inc impale effect from gem + swift skewering wheel.
Going from 103 to 113 gives you:

At 9 stacks: 3.2% more dmg
At 7 stacks: 2.9% more dmg
At 5 stacks: 2.5% more dmg

At most these 4 nodes are worth 7% more dmg and 35 life.

Taking these nodes doesn't seem worthwhile at all to me, you're already at 100% impale chance.

Editado por útlima vez por pulsesc2 en 4 sept. 2019 14:05:47

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional