[3.9] Rangercosta's 4-Totem + Mirage Archer Toxic Rain (Deathless Uber Elder) - low/medium budget

Hello! Loved this build and the Pathfinder so much, I've farmed so many things with her, and defeating Uber Elder (still some deaths here and there as I'm not good at mechanics xd), Uber Atziri, Aul at depth like 300 and all other bosses aside from Hall of Grandmaster. It's for sure my most successful build that matches the definition of capable of doing ALL map mods unfazed, even no regen, no leech, temp chain, etc and it feels truly wonderful! I get that totem playstyle isn't the thing people like (although some do, like me, as I have never played totems before and ranger + totems sounds pretty odd yet intriguing so I gave it a try!)

Below are my choice of gear and some suggestions to optimize it without having to painfully min-max and hope OP and others like it :D

The core idea is very similar to OP, but I found out that I had to press too many buttons, which probably turns off a lot of people, since it gets clunky and slows down clear speed quite a bit and takes some practice to get used to the build. Manually casting Despair is very annoying so I do Blasphemy + Despair instead. I don't run Vitality because the decrease in life regen is only about 100 life per second, and I don't have the Watcher's eye with Vitality mod + Life Gain on Hit (I just go for the Non-ailment chaos dmg - and I got very lucky because it dropped from Uber Elder). I also run Vaal Grace for "oh shit" situations. I got rid of Blood Rage because I already got enough dmg from Despair aura always active as a great Buff and PoB dmg. Finally, I have Phase Run because of how amazing it is when combined with Quartz flask for even more zoom zoom :p and great for delve as well. Phase Run - Enduring Cry - Vaal Grace linked with Inc Duration has been my ideal to-go setup, with Vaal Grace lasting almost 10 seconds with so much buff in dodge chance, and more health regen with enduring cry and physical immunity. Phase Run lasts for about 4.4 seconds with this skill tree and gem setup :D

I also ditched Witchfire Brew flask and just run a normal stibnite flask with even more evasion. When this flask + Quartz + Vaal Grace pretty much nothing can hit me (I AFKed in Chimera's smoke phase and he hit me only ONCE, and can get to melee range from Minotaur and his basic attacks won't hit me or if it does, endurance charge mitigates that a bit and Blood of the Karui recovers quickly. Only need to watch for the burrow and ground slam AoE). That's a lot of mitigation and it's easy to activate these at the same time because ascendancy + me having 6.6k life to be as bulky as possible. Upon following this path I feel much safer than before, when dodge/evade chance can be capped easily with flasks always up. I would recommend these changes and hope you like it. Thanks for the lovely build again :D

Update: Today beat Uber Elder deathless with this new setup, playstyle is sooo much smoother, and same with mapping.
A filthy casual
Editado por útlima vez por Hologram_o en 9 may. 2019 18:58:06
Just updated for 3.7
So much more damage with a bit loss of life :))
Any suggestions on level progression?
"
jlncosta escribió:
Just updated for 3.7

https://pastebin.com/us9vpMsA

this pathing up top saves you a point if you pick up some int anywhere else. either on gear and put the point in a nice dmg or hp node, or just on a better 30 int node to ease gearing issues.
Can you tell which way to go for leveling? 20 / 30 / 50 / 70 Points and so on? Or which keystones to get first ... Thank u very much, build löooks very good :-)
"
kazeshi escribió:
"
jlncosta escribió:
Just updated for 3.7

https://pastebin.com/us9vpMsA

this pathing up top saves you a point if you pick up some int anywhere else. either on gear and put the point in a nice dmg or hp node, or just on a better 30 int node to ease gearing issues.

Thnak you for this suggestion, I must have been distracted while making changes for 3.7
Dat showcase image just make my day.

Gonna try for this league as starter :3
Slow in, slow out cuz I'm just a player.
--------------------------------------------
lookin at your new tree.
one thing i think people cannot overlook are the area nodes. area damage and area effect now available.

since area of effect boosts the overlapping damage potential of toxic rain without raising the spread of pods shot, it is a very highly sought after stat. the new tree is full of this stat and you should definitely look to pick them up.

especially the cluster just to the right side of fury bolts in the duelist area (which you also don't have spec'd). it is 6 points, gives you a total of 94% damage over time with bows, and 20% area of effect. that is an average of 15.667% damage per point spent, which is very high, and the additional bonus of area.

having more area will potentially allow more pods to overlap, which would add an insane multiplier to your damage (technically). lets say instead of doing your dot damage with 2 pods, now you're doing it with 3. you just gained 50% more damage, effectively.

either way the build is still strong as hell, and i still prefer a trickster version. im hoping the raider rework in 3.8 makes this build an absolute monster (more than it already is).
its basically the easiest, cheapest, and best leveling through to red maps with literally zero investment too.
it does very well in legion as well
Editado por útlima vez por xMustard en 10 jun. 2019 21:44:42
hello, this build looks really good, might do this as a second char because melee doesnt perform against legion encounter as i like it.

how good is this against legion encounter?
Little tree update:

delete:
+5% max life

+5% max life

+4% max life

add:
+8% evasion
+4% max life

+8% evasion
+4% max life

+18% evasion
+8% max life