[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

jesus...some guildmate just linked this item:

there will be so many ripped astramentises... astramenti(?) this season.
Presumably you can also get the Int roll on that belt that triples the implicit.

Good roll on the Int and it's better than Coil, though it makes it harder to meet stat requirements for other gem/gear, especially if you trade out Astramentis for Shaper/Elder Amulet.
Hey Kelvynn,

Sorry if this has already been asked before, but why bother casting Icestorm with Scorching Ray? Wouldn't it mean more damage to just self cast it with two more support gems in the staff instead of using those up with Scorching Ray and CwC?
"
Gabriel9191 escribió:
Hey Kelvynn,

Sorry if this has already been asked before, but why bother casting Icestorm with Scorching Ray? Wouldn't it mean more damage to just self cast it with two more support gems in the staff instead of using those up with Scorching Ray and CwC?

icestorm has a base cast time of one second. with sr & cwc, this goes down to 0.35s without having to invest anything into cast speed. this setup also eliminates the mana costs from the list of issues we need to worry about. and sr is applying a debuff that reduces fire res, so its also pushing the damage a little bit.

if you're new to WI, you absolutely should follow Kelv's guide and go with sr/cwc.
"
Gabriel9191 escribió:
Hey Kelvynn,

In addition to things that Black_gun already said - there is issue with dual casting through spell echo. Because the only option to be even remotely close to CwC setup in speed will be spell echo which actually fix us in place for more time than CwC.

And lastly, it's mana problems. CwC setup don't need mana at all with scourching ray lvl 1, but selfcast version need to invest in mana leech, and this is actually a big problem. And even if you invested in mana leech - you will have a problem of precasting icestorm before appearance of the boss.

In short, trust me, CwC is the best thing that whispering ice builds acquired for the very long time.
Thanks for the help BlackGun and Med1umentor.

I generally just play and copypasta builds, but I do like to understand *why* unique things are done to help better understand skill / item interactions for the future.
Editado por útlima vez por Gabriel9191 en 2 jun. 2018 18:20:24
lol

this architect drops are really great

first time i killed him and he drops

and

if that is in higher lvl similar then this build will be really great this leage
Still got a while to go, but the build is fun as always.

Also got lucky a bit and got something good. It'll be tough to part with it later for Coil, but it's probably gonna be better.
Editado por útlima vez por Lirhtim en 3 jun. 2018 2:30:05
hi, i want to try this build, but i have one question, when i look all gem i don't see the icestorm it's normal ? i don't understand how this build work without this one ?
"
angelus13127 escribió:
hi, i want to try this build, but i have one question, when i look all gem i don't see the icestorm it's normal ? i don't understand how this build work without this one ?

The icestorm comes from the weapon ' The whispering ice '

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional