[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

"
Kelvynn escribió:
Vaal Impurity disables the target's resistances, making bosses lose their 40% res and have 0% instead, like trash. Resist penetration then makes their resists negative. It's basically the same exact thing as a free FP gem against the Shaper/Elder/Atziri, but it's much better than that against any bosses that can have map mods granting extra resistances.

I did a bit more digging on this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/80iarv/why_do_some_ascendancies_now_have_7_main_nodes/duwaa99/

"
Penetration on top of that does exactly nothing, because penetration is "hits treat resistance as lower than it's actual value" and inquisitor is saying "the concept of resistances does not exist for these hits".

Vaal Impurity is phrased in the same way. So perhaps there's much less value in us getting ele penetration elsewhere?
There's also a flask that turns off the "Can't gain souls" portion of Vaal skills, so, it might be possible to have 100% uptime on it, and not actually need any penetration at all.

I should imagine both will be super expensive though, so perhaps we shouldn't plan for them too much just yet.
The new Combustion Support gem might be an alternative to Elemental Focus. Sadly, I can't figure out how to get PoB to switch out the gems in the WI staff to experiment with dps numbers.
"
I can't figure out how to get PoB to switch out the gems in the WI staff

Look for the "no active skill gems" lines in the skills tab.

However, the new gem stats aren't available yet, not from GGG, nor wiki or PoB.
The main question is: will the gem now get -%x fire res as an additional feature or will it just replace the +%x more damage feature? -19% res vs. +29% more damage. The damage is probably better, at least for us.

If it's an addition it will of course replace ele focus immediately, but that would be a bit too good to be true I think.
"
HHLupus escribió:
"
I can't figure out how to get PoB to switch out the gems in the WI staff

Look for the "no active skill gems" lines in the skills tab.

However, the new gem stats aren't available yet, not from GGG, nor wiki or PoB.
The main question is: will the gem now get -%x fire res as an additional feature or will it just replace the +%x more damage feature? -19% res vs. +29% more damage. The damage is probably better, at least for us.

If it's an addition it will of course replace ele focus immediately, but that would be a bit too good to be true I think.

All the new gems have been linked by GGG at 20/20, unless I misunderstood what you mean.

If Fire Pen acts as a "More" boost, then Combustion gives 1% "less" damage than Elemental Focus, but, enables burn damage. So unless there's a cap on what we can actually do with Fire Res, or Impurity sets resistances to 0 regardless of pen instead of lowering to 0, then it's probably the superior gem.
Sorry, I didn't read the skill gem news https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2150625 before posting, only the patch notes.
But as was already linked here "ignore" means something very specific with relation to resistances: ignoring any resistances against you but also all your penetrations have no effect either.

Fire penetration always acts as a "more" multiplier when effective, unless you exceed 100% of it. Which is I think hard to impossible and never happening here. So with 29% more fire damage and 19% penetration you get actual 29+19=58 more fire damage, always at least 9% more than elemental focus. If the real fire resistance was >0% before the penetration by combustion support is applied, it's even slightly better than a normal more damage multiplier.

So if your penetrations drop the monster below 0%, then it's better not to use impurity of fire. If it does not, then it is helpful. As penetration we get 5 from pure talent, 10 from elementalist, 6 from inquisitor and 3 per stack from SC up to 24. So 21+3=24 or 21+24=45 as the edge cases.

Since combustion is around 9% better than ele focus in effective damage output, we can only add this to our normal penetration values above. Only when these 9% additional drop the monster below 0% is it worthwhile. Otherwise ele focus is better.
So for the Shaper (40%) we we need 21 (pene from build) +3*4=12 (SC debuff) +9 (combustion) =42% penetration. Only with 4 stacks will he be below 0% and therefore better than Ele focus. If we only manage 1 stack due to kiting, then Impurity of fire is better as long as it lasts.

How many fire resistant monsters do we have that are above 0% when all our debuffs, penetrations and the likes get added? Guardians have all 40% base resistance like shaper but can have map modifiers for resistance on top of it.

PS: as for the burn damage, I'm kinda confused. PoB lists "ignite damage" which I think is the burn damage. Even with Ele focus. If you remove ele focus from the normal 3.2 Kelvynn PoB Setup you lose around 1640 "ignite damage" while the chance to ignite only gives you 560 ignite damage. The chance to ignite values are right now always worse since it is nominally less damage and right now the -19% penetration are not available: gem is not updated yet. Unless someone knows how to add a new gem or modify an existing one in PoB?
Editado por útlima vez por HHLupus en 31 may. 2018 12:59:42
"
NoImagination escribió:
"
Kelvynn escribió:
Vaal Impurity disables the target's resistances, making bosses lose their 40% res and have 0% instead, like trash. Resist penetration then makes their resists negative. It's basically the same exact thing as a free FP gem against the Shaper/Elder/Atziri, but it's much better than that against any bosses that can have map mods granting extra resistances.

I did a bit more digging on this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/80iarv/why_do_some_ascendancies_now_have_7_main_nodes/duwaa99/

"
Penetration on top of that does exactly nothing, because penetration is "hits treat resistance as lower than it's actual value" and inquisitor is saying "the concept of resistances does not exist for these hits".

Vaal Impurity is phrased in the same way. So perhaps there's much less value in us getting ele penetration elsewhere?

Thanks! So then Vaal Impurity is useless. We already gave the enemy -40% fire resist debuff between the Ascendancy and Scorching Ray. And now with Heart of Flame it will be -46%. Vaal Impurity would be detrimental here in all cases except the Resistant map mod (monsters have +40% all res).

25% reduced fire damage taken is cool but not really necessary with AA and Fortify.

Also, it's already been nerfed after the first announcement! Today's news post with the final version of the gems shows the base duration of 3 sec, requiring 50 souls and blocking soul gain for 8 sec. That's too short and situational to bother with.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 31 may. 2018 15:17:42
"
Graiaule escribió:
The new Combustion Support gem might be an alternative to Elemental Focus.

"
HHLupus escribió:
Sorry, I didn't read the skill gem news https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2150625 before posting, only the patch notes.
But as was already linked here "ignore" means something very specific with relation to resistances: ignoring any resistances against you but also all your penetrations have no effect either.

Fire penetration always acts as a "more" multiplier when effective, unless you exceed 100% of it. Which is I think hard to impossible and never happening here. So with 29% more fire damage and 19% penetration you get actual 29+19=58 more fire damage, always at least 9% more than elemental focus. If the real fire resistance was >0% before the penetration by combustion support is applied, it's even slightly better than a normal more damage multiplier.

So if your penetrations drop the monster below 0%, then it's better not to use impurity of fire. If it does not, then it is helpful. As penetration we get 5 from pure talent, 10 from elementalist, 6 from inquisitor and 3 per stack from SC up to 24. So 21+3=24 or 21+24=45 as the edge cases.

Since combustion is around 9% better than ele focus in effective damage output, we can only add this to our normal penetration values above. Only when these 9% additional drop the monster below 0% is it worthwhile. Otherwise ele focus is better.
So for the Shaper (40%) we we need 21 (pene from build) +3*4=12 (SC debuff) +9 (combustion) =42% penetration. Only with 4 stacks will he be below 0% and therefore better than Ele focus. If we only manage 1 stack due to kiting, then Impurity of fire is better as long as it lasts.

How many fire resistant monsters do we have that are above 0% when all our debuffs, penetrations and the likes get added? Guardians have all 40% base resistance like shaper but can have map modifiers for resistance on top of it.

PS: as for the burn damage, I'm kinda confused. PoB lists "ignite damage" which I think is the burn damage. Even with Ele focus. If you remove ele focus from the normal 3.2 Kelvynn PoB Setup you lose around 1640 "ignite damage" while the chance to ignite only gives you 560 ignite damage. The chance to ignite values are right now always worse since it is nominally less damage and right now the -19% penetration are not available: gem is not updated yet. Unless someone knows how to add a new gem or modify an existing one in PoB?

The burn damage from Icestorm is irrelevant here. Wiki: The enemy will get ignited for 4 sec and will be be taking 40% of the igniting hit's damage per second. That's 40% of 1 Icestorm hit per second. All other hits will be ignored for those 4 sec, unless a bigger hit happens (then the bigger ignite will replace the smaller one, but it's still just 1 hit).

What's important for us is that we will get 2 separate damage mods here: 30% MORE and -20% fire res debuff (remember to add +1 to all support gems in WI). That is indeed stronger than EF.

But there is another possible implication: if the new Incinerate is good for trash clearing, then Combustion will be a great support for it. I see very nice clear speed potential here. I'm very curious how this new Incinerate will work with Spell Cascade.

And potentially not just for trash clearing. Unlike SR, Incinerate does hit, and all our hit-based bonuses work with it (resist penetration, leech, ES gain on hit). If it all works together well, we may have a reason to actually link the sockets in the staff.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 31 may. 2018 17:48:17
Hello! Warlords'mark work with ice storm?

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional